Council of Narrators

Our Dilemma...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Anarchy VS Plot

• Anarchy!
    • No, Plot!
    • Eh, I'm cool with both
  2. 2. Should we make a new thread for plot?

• YEAH! TLT(A) here we go!
    • It works how it is, why change it?

So, TLT has been around for over a year now, but rather recently, the concept of plot has been introduced to the story. I know not everyone is happy about it considering Star's, uh, assassination earlier. So I am calling a council of Narrators to come to a decision.

@Lunamor @Jaywalk @xinoehp512 @Butt Ad Venture @Truthless of Shinovar @Emperor Stick @Doomstick @Rebecca @Ax's Boyfriend @BringerofShadows

Edited by Shard of Thought

The problem is, Star and Pheonix and Shadow and Ember and Silence and Butt and Bozo and the Void... They've all become a part of TLT. You can't just get rid of it completely. I, for one, am emotionally invested in my characters to a pretty ridiculous degree, probably because Star was literally ME at one point and then she turned into her own character. What we've got is unique and it'd be a real shame to throw it away. I mean, when Xino's original plot concerning Silence was interrupted he got all depressed so... *sigh* It's a toss up.

One thing, though. I think if we started a TLT(A) as Stick suggested earlier, that might work.

I like both the plot and anarchy, but the plot tends to smother the anarchy and leaves some people unable to participate. I would suggest something like two separate threads, one only for the plot and another only for the anarchy.

1 minute ago, BringerofShadows said:

I vote plot, as I am now involved. Remember when I absolutely hated it? Now that I’ve joined…I enjoy it. So if you create a character/persona than it will be fun with a plot.

You know, Shadow's right, I think y'all would have fun if you were able to insert yourselves into the plot. You'd have to be gentle though, we've kinda made our own little thing.

Just now, Lunamor said:

I like both the plot and anarchy, but the plot tends to smother the anarchy and leaves some people unable to participate. I would suggest something like two separate threads, one only for the plot and another only for the anarchy.

I'm for a new thread. I'll make a poll. 

Just now, Doomstick said:

I think that this plot should end, and then we can go back to our anarchical activities for a bit, then plot can come back, but the plot should be more easy to follow

Yeah, the current plot is Xino's "temper tantrum" at being cut off, I'm pretty sure. (If I'm wrong, Xino, tell me) Star wants this to end as much as you do, trust me. 

My biggest complaint is the perpetuation of the plot, there should be plot, but it shouldn’t be plot after plot for 50+ pages

also I don’t like existing characters being dragged in (ie Butt), I’m fine with people making new ones, but not ones forged in Anarchy 

My biggest complaint is the perpetuation of the plot, there should be plot, but it shouldn’t be plot after plot for 50+ pages

also I don’t like existing characters being dragged in (ie Butt), I’m fine with people making new ones, but not ones forged in Anarchy 

Heh, I think it's adorable that Butt is trying to figure stuff out, but I see where you're coming from. If we got a new thread, that wouldn't matter. Also, I don't see anyone complaining about Tom and Tamika, that's probably more sacrilegious than Butt being mad at the Narrators for controlling him. Tom has an entire backstory now and is part of a freaking RP. 

TLT has come to the point now where it’s almost entirely comprised of plot, with some very occasional anarchy. The plot has been fun, but in favor of inclusion, I think we should return to anarchy sooner rather than later. It’s fun to be part of the plot, but it’s kinda boring when you’re not.

Making a separate thread would be a good solution.

TLT was a place of entrance for new members. Having a plot has changed that. How many members have you seen participating lately besides yourselves? Rather, how many new members who weren't around before the plot began? When Xino or any other "main" narrators go missing, the plot halts. The thread stops growing. Is that really healthy for  TLT?

I understand the sentiment of emotional attachment to characters. But, before this all started up, TLT had Butt, it had the ghanderflaffles, it had the breadmunks, it had characters and it worked. Characters can't be a reason to necessitate plot. What is plot but a story? 

The original goal for TLT was to become the longest thread. Here's the first post of it, a testament to that goal.

On 4/26/2018 at 8:31 PM, ElephantEarwax said:

This thread is an attempt to make the longest thread ever.  We got shut down in the Intro section and were told to come here. So the way to do this is to make a story. One sentence at a time. Put the story in bold so we can identify it from other things. Other discussion is allowed, but the story is the excuse to start. Here we go. @MacThorstenson @Kidpen @Archer @Stormblessed Dolphin @Rebecca @I think I am here. @Leyrann @Tesh @The Forgetful Archivist @Nerd3.14159265358979 @Voidus Tag other people who would help us.

Once upon a time, on a non-canon planet in the Cosmere, a powerfully invested man chose to take over the world.

Link to doc with it updated to at least the middle of thread page 37.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1alzgzw_ZHV-sLHPe3jg_XPCP2VOud3sY5eozOUdeiII/edit

My opinion on this matter is based on that goal. To be the longest thread. 

I'm nowhere near as invested in TLT as I used to be, but I still care for it. 

So...please, remember the reasoning behind it's existence in the first place and make the decision that will be best for TLT.

1 minute ago, Jaywalk said:

TLT has come to the point now where it’s almost entirely comprised of plot, with some very occasional anarchy. The plot has been fun, but in favor of inclusion, I think we should return to anarchy sooner rather than later. It’s fun to be part of the plot, but it’s kinda boring when you’re not.

Making a separate thread would be a good solution.

Are you saying that tLT hasn’t turned into an RP?

It pretty much has.

Just now, Silva said:

TLT was a place of entrance for new members. Having a plot has changed that. How many members have you seen participating lately besides yourselves? Rather, how many new members who weren't around before the plot began? When Xino or any other "main" narrators go missing, the plot halts. The thread stops growing. Is that really healthy for  TLT?

I understand the sentiment of emotional attachment to characters. But, before this all started up, TLT had Butt, it had the ghanderflaffles, it had the breadmunks, it had characters and it worked. Characters can't be a reason to necessitate plot. What is plot but a story? 

The original goal for TLT was to become the longest thread. Here's the first post of it, a testament to that goal.

My opinion on this matter is based on that goal. To be the longest thread. 

I'm nowhere near as invested in TLT as I used to be, but I still care for it. 

So...please, remember the reasoning behind it's existence in the first place and make the decision that will be best for TLT.

I absolutely agree. I'm curious to see what Xino says as he and I are the main culprits for ruining what TLT was meant to be, and then I'll work on making a new thread. It seems like the people invested in what TLT has become could really make something cool.

Just now, Shard of Thought said:

and then I'll work on making a new thread. 

Pleas don’t, that would completely destroy the idea of tLT, we worked so hard for it to become its namesake, the longest thread, and having a tlta would completely undermine all of the work we did.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

But... I liked having the plot occasionally interrupted for brief periods of insanity. If we made a new thread, would it really be the same?

That's exactly what I'm worried about. But what else are we going to do?

1 minute ago, Doomstick said:

Pleas don’t, that would completely destroy the idea of tLT, we worked so hard for it to become its namesake, the longest thread, and having a tlta would completely undermine all of the work we did.

Well, then we can title it something else. 

I know, @Doomstick, I'm not sure how to fix that.

The best solution, imo, would be to have plot less frequently and have it be more digestible, more like the Finite Stones adventure, more about characters anyone can control, so we aren’t held up by one person who can’t access the shard

Yeah, but... we can't just take back what we've done. You have no idea how invested I am in the plot. It would make me sad to pull back. That's why making a new thread would be nice. Then I would be able to go all out without feeling guilty.

The best solution, imo, would be to have plot less frequently and have it be more digestible, more like the Finite Stones adventure, more about characters anyone can control, so we aren’t held up by one person who can’t access the shard

And that happens a lot. I, personally, dropped off the plot a while back after it got to the point where it became incredibly hard to follow. In service of continuing with other characters, people get bypassed and left behind.