Quick Fix Game 38: ZOMBIES

Alvron

Zombies!!!

-----------------------------------

Everyone's worst fear has come true.  Scientists have discovered a way to bring back the dead.  Doomsayers said they shouldn’t.  They said they would cause the end of our world.  They were right!  At first everything seemed fine but after a couple of weeks, the reanimated started feeling hungry.  Really, really hungry.  Then the deaths started.

Several months have passed since the reanimated dead started feeding on the living.  Now the cities are empty, civilisation as you know it is gone.  No more phones, no internet, no power and very little food.  One thing is in abundance though.  Zombies.  Lots and lots of Zombies.

You have joined a group of survivors as they travel to what they hope is salvation.  Rumours are abound of a safe haven far in the east.

After many days of travel and disappointment, you are foot sore and almost out of strength but hope blooms within you as you learn that you are only one week of travel away from safety.

Unfortunately, the Zombies are also one week of travel away as they nip at your heels.

-----------------------------------

This is a blackout game.  Rules and mechanics will be revealed as they become relevant.
24 hour cycles.  Day/Night combined

Teaser mechanics: (To whet the appetite)
Actions are open ended
You can take any action you can think of

Win Con for Refugees: Survive until Day 8 and you reach safety
Win Con for Zombies: Turn/Kill/Infect all the Refugees before they reach safety

Sign ups are open for an unspecified amount of time.  There will be no warning for when they end so if you plan to sign up, do so early or be prepared to be left behind as a snack for the approaching Zombie horde.
Minimum number of players needed: 9
Maximum number of players allowed: 50
The more that sign up, the better

If you sign up to be a spectator, you cannot change your mind!
If you don’t intend to play, you really, really should join as a spectator.

RP is encouraged

Be aware, this game contains experimental mechanics. It is broken but will be fun.  (I hope) Play at your own risk.

Revealed Mechanics:

PMs are open but can only be one on one
GM to be included in all PMs
Actions are open ended but must be plausible
You can take any action you can think of but only one of each action per cycle
Players can take up to 3 actions per cycle
Tied lynch results in the Gods of Luck and Chance deciding who dies
Two vote minimum required for lynch unless otherwise interfered with
Zombies are publicly known
Zombies can’t vote
Zombies can’t use PMs
Zombies can only post Zombie like RP
Lynching a Zombie causes half the voters (up to maximum of 4) to be Turned.  After all, in order to lynch them, you have to get close to the Zombie.  Close enough for it to infect you.

Player List:

Elandera - Kyler O'Malley
Straw - Gustavus Adolphus
Rathmaskal - Rash Williams
Mailliw73 - Manny Darovious
Devotary of Spontaneity - Leon
StrikerEZ - Lachlan McZombie
Ventyl - Sean McSean
Butt Ad Venture - Butt Venture the second
I think I am here - I. Tiah
Cadmium Compounder - Andrew Andrewson
Snipexe - A. Pear O’Scissors
Hemalurgic Headshot - Bill Woodsman
Fifth Scholar - Friedrich
Lumgol - Tanky Boi
Ax's Boyfriend - Murder Hobo
Coop772 - Anonymous Refugee #1
Kidpen - Meta Character
xinoehp512 - Dr. Eibmoz
Sart - Sarah
WeebTrash - Subaru

Quick Links:

Edited by Fifth Scholar

Ughhhh, I so want to play. With my new job and handling my game, I don't know if I'll be able to handle playing this game too. I'm not signing up as a spectator yet, but I'm not signing up for the game yet either. I'm gonna think about this for a few days.

Oooh... I really want to sign up for this game. So I will, but I have to cross my fingers to hope it doesn't start while I'm camping next week.

Quick question about the zombies. Are we talking Shaun of the Dead slow zombies, or like 28 Days Later zombies? And if actions are open ended, can we incorporate items our RP characters would have? Like if mine was a gun enthusiast, would he be able to use guns for actions? Or do you have an item system for that?

10 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Quick question about the zombies. Are we talking Shaun of the Dead slow zombies, or like 28 Days Later zombies? And if actions are open ended, can we incorporate items our RP characters would have? Like if mine was a gun enthusiast, would he be able to use guns for actions? Or do you have an item system for that?

A mix.  Those that are mostly intact are faster than those that have little flesh remaining.  For example, a runner in life would be faster than a normal zombie.  If they were strong in life, they are extra strong in death....

There is an item system in place but RP can influence how certain items work.  In your example, your character would be a better shot than someone who had never held a gun before.  I'm not going to reveal too much but it's very possible to acquire a gun or almost any item you can think of so long as it's plausible.

7 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

O.o

And that's just the teasers. :P 

2 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

You're crazy, Alv. Absolutely crazy! I don't like signing up for QFs, but you've got me on this one. 

I'm in as Manny Darovious, a 30 year old millionaire who made his fortune off of dating apps.

By creating dating apps, or using dating apps to scam rich singles? :P

Also, I will be Kyler O'Malley, a veterinarian whose hobbies include competition shooting and crocheting.

The Zombies had barely affected life in Kaprun. When the dead began to rise, the town had dislocated themselves from the power grid and switched to their own local power. Inhabitants began to wear bite-proof clothing, typically leather or denim. Most Zombies were pretty lazy, and didn't venture up this high above sea level. Those that did were quickly driven off by the electrified fences, armed guards, and wide assortment of construction vehicles.

At first, Kaprun had welcomed refugees, so long as they were kept in quarantine for a week or so to prove they weren't infected. As the number of refugees increased, Kaprun had to expand their borders, opening up sister towns nearby. For months, the inhabitants of Kaprun and it's satellites had lived as they did before the Zombies came, save for decreased communication with the outside world. Two weeks ago, one of the outer towns, had gone dark. Efforts to communicate with the inhabitants of Lerfea had failed. Leon and a few others from had been sent to investigate. The fences stood tall, all the buildings were undamaged, and the windmills spun freely, but everyone was dead, and the horde was quite eager to share this condition with the tasty, tasty humans. 

Cut off from the route back to Kaprun, ran into the town for safety. Lerfea, like Kaprun and all the other towns, had a quarantine facility in the centre of town. The expedition leader unlocked the door with a key entrusted to them by the leaders of Kaprun, and the group walked into the quarantine area. Standing by the entrance, flanked by Zombies, was a tall man leveling a rifle at the newcomers. The expedition leader's cry of warning was cut off by a gunshot, the bullet easily piercing the tough leather armour. was already running by the time the second member of the party went down with a bullet in the skull. They had been prepared for Zombies wielding makeshift weapons, not for a gun-wielding human who didn't care that they weren't Zombies. Panicked, Leon hid in the first place he could think of, a well nearby the quarantine facility. Leon hid there for hours, desperately hoping he wouldn't be found. When he finally got the courage to climb up the rope and out of the well, he saw the horde of Zombies marching towards Kaprun. Leon began to run. He would have to warn the nearest town, before the man and his army of Zombies could destroy them.

8 minutes ago, Elandera said:

By creating dating apps, or using dating apps to scam rich singles? :P

Also, I will be Kyler O'Malley, a veterinarian whose hobbies include competition shooting and crocheting.

That’s his secret. ;) 

26 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

You're crazy, Alv. Absolutely crazy! I don't like signing up for QFs, but you've got me on this one. 

You've played my games before.  You should know that sanity was never something I owned.

Lachlan McZombie stumbled across a growing group of people in the trees. For a moment, his eyes were blinded by the light from their campfires. “What in the bloody hell...” he whispered to himself. Seeing as they weren’t afraid of the fire, and weren’t currently eating his brains out, Lachlan figured they must be alive people. You know. As opposed to the dead ones. So he stuck with them for awhile. 

I'll sign up as Andrew Andrewson. A Man in his young twenties that used to work at a call center prior to the zombie apocalypse. He also happens to have the same memories and experiences that I've had. 

(Yes, this character is based off me, including the name, though, it's not my exact name.)

Bill Woodsman lives in the woods. He is very good at it. Part of living in the woods involves growing a beard, and Bill is also very good at that. What else does living in the woods entail? Eating berries and roots? I bet Bill is good at that too.

Zombies, however, are not good at living in the woods. Granted, they aren't good at living either, but especially not in the woods. Bill does not like zombies. He doesn't like people either, and zombies are just dead people. Double bad.

Hey, players, since I'm getting eaten, I have some great ideas for actions.

Summon Flesh eating bunny horde (to eat the zombies)

Giant boot to kick zombies

Lightsaber

Superglue to glue their mouths shut

Acquire the flu (to not be infected)

Portal gun shenanigans (use is obvious)

Chloro trifluoride on zombies(look it up, it's fun stuff)

Ritual of the Gods of Luck and Chance, to take a random chance to win the game. What could go wrong with that? 

Giant hamster ball. They cant get you in one of those!

I hope that these suggestions will help combat the Zombies. 

12 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Might as well sign up for my very first game...

@Alvron, What are the rules on PMs?

Welcome to our little blood stained corner of the Shard.

PMs are one on one only and must include the GM for ... reasons.

10 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I would like to take the action of being eaten in the first writeup. 

Denied. :P 

4 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Hey, players, since I'm getting eaten, I have some great ideas for actions.

Summon Flesh eating bunny horde (to eat the zombies)

Giant boot to kick zombies

Lightsaber

Superglue to glue their mouths shut

Acquire the flu (to not be infected)

Portal gun shenanigans (use is obvious)

Chloro trifluoride on zombies(look it up, it's fun stuff)

Ritual of the Gods of Luck and Chance, to take a random chance to win the game. What could go wrong with that? 

Giant hamster ball. They cant get you in one of those!

Actions must be plausible.
First you would need to gather the bunnies.  Then kill them.  Then raise them from the dead.  Then you have Zombie bunnies that crave human flesh.  I don't see that working out for you.
One boot might help against one zombie but how will it stop the swarm?
They currently do not exist in our world so you can't have one.  Unless of course you somehow manage to invent and build one for yourself.
You really want to get that close to a zombie just to shove glue in it's mouth.  Yeah, that's not going to end well for you either.
Given that zombies want to eat you, having the flu isn't going to stop them killing you.
Again, doesn't exist so you can't have one.
This one has potential.
PAFO
You can try but all it will do is trap you inside.  Zombies don't need to sleep or get bored so they will just stand around you until you either exit the ball or starve to death.