Ax's Boyfriend

Rift Saga: Feedback, Questions, Complaints

35 posts in this topic

The Bureau will now take your questions, complaints, and other feedback on the Rift Saga (main plots)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My main problem is I had no idea what was going on, and it just seemed intimidating to those of use who either didn’t participate in the first portion, or in my case, had gone inactive for IRL reasons. I think you could have done a better job in recapping the thread.

In addition, I know you’ve already been talked to about this, but you need to adopt the plot based on what others did, instead of just ignoring there efforts.

Other than that, it was a cool plot, and you planned it well. I mean, my point of view may be tainted seeing as how I am a BUV member(minion level. Little mad about that.) and participated in the plot on the villain side. RIP Maxwell.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just making sure to mention the others this was directed at:

@Grey Knight, @MacThorstenson, @xinoehp512, @ZincAboutIt, @AonEne, @Voidus, @bees?, @Dr. Dapper, @Invocation, @Silva@Sorana, @Emperor Stick, @Archer

11 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

My main problem is I had no idea what was going on, and it just seemed intimidating to those of use who either didn’t participate in the first portion, or in my case, had gone inactive for IRL reasons. I think you could have done a better job in recapping the thread.

In addition, I know you’ve already been talked to about this, but you need to adopt the plot based on what others did, instead of just ignoring there efforts.

Other than that, it was a cool plot, and you planned it well. I mean, my point of view may be tainted seeing as how I am a BUV member(minion level. Little mad about that.) and participated in the plot on the villain side. RIP Maxwell.

Recapping is not my job. If you wanted information, you could reread the threads or asked for a summary by everyone.

That is the entire goal of The Taste of Death.

Glad to hear that!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ark, I know you don’t think you need to recap the thread, as evident in you not doing it. I’m just saying, if you want more people to join, and have fun while doing it, you should recap.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda zoned out on the Space Marine stuff, to be honest. Couldn't really get into it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, y'all lost me at the Space Marines.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More people should die.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working on it.

Emotion: I'm coming for you Darkness and/or Edahs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

I kinda zoned out on the Space Marine stuff, to be honest. Couldn't really get into it.

 

1 hour ago, Invocation said:

Yeah, y'all lost me at the Space Marines.

It's actually a lot more simple then it seems.

There's a ship in orbit shooting. Space Marines are on it. There's also a few space marines on the ground going toward the PlasmaCore building.

2 minutes ago, Clyde Froggins said:

More people should die.

Working on it.

I'm going to stop now because my hands ARE GOING TO START BLEEDING

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh, bleeding hands.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

I'm going to stop now because my hands ARE GOING TO START BLEEDING

Heh. Karma and I may have gone a little to far in our quest to get Ark to clap.

Emotion: Laughing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darth Woodrack said:

Heh. Karma and I may have gone a little to far in our quest to get Ark to clap.

Emotion: Laughing.

You mean mraize, right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.

Emotion: Meeker will always be Mraize to me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

 

It's actually a lot more simple then it seems.

There's a ship in orbit shooting. Space Marines are on it. There's also a few space marines on the ground going toward the PlasmaCore building.

Working on it.

I'm going to stop now because my hands ARE GOING TO START BLEEDING

It's not really as simple as that. There was the whole scene on that big ship, for instance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one never understood why we have something that's not even remotely related to Sanderson's works in this RP...

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

I for one never understood why we have something that's not even remotely related to Sanderson's works in this RP...

Someone (Grey Knight) liked WH40K back when the RP was first created and wondered if there was a way to import it and eventually came up with a character that was a miniature brought to life by an Epic. Somehow this turned into an actual faction, and eventually it was decided to keep them since they'd been around since the start and had been fairly important during the Seven Day War.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

I kinda zoned out on the Space Marine stuff, to be honest. Couldn't really get into it.

3 hours ago, Invocation said:

Yeah, y'all lost me at the Space Marines.

My initial reason for getting involved in the plot was only tangentially related- one of Ark's characters, Crow, had fought with my dudes in the past, so I came back for revenge. And then started bombarding PlasmaCore when the red mist showed up. Things, uh, escalated quickly :P

1 hour ago, Fatebreaker said:

I for one never understood why we have something that's not even remotely related to Sanderson's works in this RP...

1 hour ago, kenod said:

Someone (Grey Knight) liked WH40K back when the RP was first created and wondered if there was a way to import it and eventually came up with a character that was a miniature brought to life by an Epic. Somehow this turned into an actual faction, and eventually it was decided to keep them since they'd been around since the start and had been fairly important during the Seven Day War.

Warhammer 40K and Sanderson's mesh together surprisingly well. Power armor becomes Shardplate, Warp sorcery can be reflavored Epic powers, and guns are, well, guns. Albeit really big guns.

Edited by Grey Knight
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Emotion: Meeker will always be Mraize to me.

I share this emotion. :lol:

Could you recap all PlasmaCore's various beings, at least?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fatebreaker said:

I for one never understood why we have something that's not even remotely related to Sanderson's works in this RP...

2 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

Warhammer 40K and Sanderson's mesh together surprisingly well. Power armor becomes Shardplate, Warp sorcery can be reflavored Epic powers, and guns are, well, guns. Albeit really big guns.

3 hours ago, kenod said:

Someone (Grey Knight) liked WH40K back when the RP was first created and wondered if there was a way to import it and eventually came up with a character that was a miniature brought to life by an Epic. Somehow this turned into an actual faction, and eventually it was decided to keep them since they'd been around since the start and had been fairly important during the Seven Day War.

That, and WH40K is incredibly cool.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okey. Thank you, Ark, for creating this thread.

There has been a feeling of maybe one too many OP beings without a good weaknesses (e.g. the Haunt, the Tattered One, Lord Ajax probably in the future). All of them are interesting and fun to interact with, but after a while it's a little difficult to advance a plot when at every corner there's a thing that can kill your character easily unless they're OP as well. 

Unlike Clyde, I don't think there's a lack of death. Death isn't something that requires a certain quantity. If it happens, it happens. It shouldn't be a necessary determinant of a good plot. Maxwell's death was pathetic. No real offense meant to either party involved, but really? The Tattered One stabs him without much, actually, no difficulty. That's not a worthwhile death. A lot of us care about our characters and deaths like that feel belittling. I understand that Clyde was fine with it in this case, but it wouldn't work for many others.

As well, it's really easy to fall behind. That's not something that can be fixed, nor is it solely the fault of this plot. It just stems from us all living in different timezones and also living lives - despite our attempts to deny that on many occassion :P

I'm not a BoV member. I'm literally the polar opposite. Pro-citizen rights and anti-Hemalurgy. This plot has been, well, painful in some ways. Citizens turning on one another because of the bloodlust. Frying pan people appearing everywhere and killing them too. It hasn't been fun, to say the least. Especially as, as was previously stated, non-OP characters have real problems in a world like that. 

Finally, I don't really have anyother remarks at the moment. Likely that will change as things progress in Taste of Death, but for now at leave it at this. This plot is helping with character development to create more broken hating characters. Something we really don't need. 

4 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

My initial reason for getting involved in the plot was only tangentially related- one of Ark's characters, Crow, had fought with my dudes in the past, so I came back for revenge. And then started bombarding PlasmaCore when the red mist showed up. Things, uh, escalated quickly :P

Heh, yeah...^_^

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Silva said:

There has been a feeling of maybe one too many OP beings without a good weaknesses (e.g. the Haunt, the Tattered One, Lord Ajax probably in the future). All of them are interesting and fun to interact with, but after a while it's a little difficult to advance a plot when at every corner there's a thing that can kill your character easily unless they're OP as well. 

True. If it makes things better, the Haunt is mostly bark and no bite :P  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Silva said:

This plot is helping with character development to create more broken hating characters. Something we really don't need. 

Hey now, leave my well-planned, slow-burn corruption arc alone :P 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I just say that the tags for this thread were needlessly aggressive. Things like that are not likely to promote genuine discussion and really don't give the impression that you're actually interested in people's feedback. I know that receiving bad reviews of something can be disheartening, but getting aggressive with the people who gave the reviews is just going to promote further conflict and won't resolve anything.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Silva said:

There has been a feeling of maybe one too many OP beings without a good weaknesses (e.g. the Haunt, the Tattered One, Lord Ajax probably in the future). All of them are interesting and fun to interact with, but after a while it's a little difficult to advance a plot when at every corner there's a thing that can kill your character easily unless they're OP as well. 

 

The Haunt has some pretty solid weaknesses. Being a spren is his biggest.

The Tattered One is going to be worked on, we've been seeing problems already.

Lord Ajax will be the final boss. While he will be OP, we're working on some good weaknesses for him.

10 hours ago, Voidus said:

Can I just say that the tags for this thread were needlessly aggressive. Things like that are not likely to promote genuine discussion and really don't give the impression that you're actually interested in people's feedback. I know that receiving bad reviews of something can be disheartening, but getting aggressive with the people who gave the reviews is just going to promote further conflict and won't resolve anything.

I apologize that they were taken that way. They were in jest.

Also, I don't appreciate that you changed them without asking. You could have come to me about it, instead of changing them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.