Zelda Breath of the Wild 2

Lunamor

The first trailer for botw 2 has been released and it looks awesome! We’ve got short haired Zelda (who I really hope is playable), creepy music and rats, and what looks like mummified Ganondorf! Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Anyone have any wild theories/speculation, comments, or questions about the upcoming sequel?

9 minutes ago, Invocation said:

...Oh no. I regret this idea now. I hate dealing with normal Guardian lasers, much less one the size of Hyrule Castle.

*dramatic music starts playing*

Run Link, run!!!

(Every time I heard the music I just teleported to a nearby shrine :P)

11 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Run Link, run!!!

I usually would just chop off its legs, and then jump on its head, laughing at its misery.

1 hour ago, Jaywalk said:

It seems we might be getting a connection to Twilight Princess with this one. I hope this one has more of a story focus than the first game—now that Link has his memories, the story can’t be all in the past.

Please give us more plot. Remember when they promised us more story in the second DLC and that it would take place after you completed the game? So much for that...

Just now, Emperor Stick said:

Please give us more plot. Remember when they promised us more story in the second DLC and that it would take place after you completed the game? So much for that...

What was it...like four cutscenes? I never finished the Champion's Ballad; the main story never hooked me, so why continue?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GANONDORF IS COMING BACK

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM

THISISLITERALLYGOINGTOBETHEBESTLEGENDOFZELDAGAMEEVERIMKINDAFREAKINGOUTBUTTHISISZELDASOWHATAMIWORRIEDABOUTFREAKINGANONDORF

12 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Run Link, run!!!

Ok, this music might have been some of my favorite in the game (I kinda loved and hated faces gauedians, so that was always fun:P)

12 hours ago, Invocation said:

The castle.

M o v e d.

It's going to be a giant Guardian, only hijacked by Ganondorf. 

Ooh, I like this theory! Perhaps the opposite of a Divine Beast? 

Other thoughts I’m having:

The hand on Ganondorf’s chest- I’m imagining that this might be an altered form of the shrine of ressurection- perhaps one built after ocarina of time or something, and it takes like 100,000 years to resurrect, not just 100.

Ganondorf himself- Alright, so this is kinda interesting. We know that Ganondorf is a weakened form of Ganon, typically because of the lack of the triforce of power. I’m under the belief that Ganon discovered this at somepoint, and decided to use it as a convenient disguise to try and take over Hyrule (on multiple occasions). Ganon is a endlessly reincarnated form of the evil god Demise, whom we see in Skyward Sword. I’ve got no idea where calamity Ganon fits in, its proabably the in-between for Demise and Ganon, as Calamity Ganon is far more powerful that Ganon, but obviously can’t be Demise. My thought is that when Link killed Calamity Ganon in Breath of the wild, there was a sudden release of his energy, one that’s now kinda floating around, and is about to enter Ganondorf. Either that, or a henchman will help ressurect Ganondorf, as has been done in past games. That brings me to the plot of BotW2. The game could be centered on the Triforce (which we really saw a lack of in BotW compared to other games), and Ganondorf trying to reclaim his power as (Calamity) Ganon. Perhaps the Triforce of Power was splintered (get it?) into eight pieces, as it is what happens when any piece of the Triforce is broken, and it’s a race between Ganondorf and Link/Zelda to gather those pieces and prevent the other from having them. If Link and Zelda get it, they can wish Ganondorf/(Calamity) Ganon/heck maybe even Demise away, whereas if Ganondorf gets it, he will be able to revert to his true form, maybe kill Link and Zelda, have the Triforce, take over Hyrule, etc.

Wow. That was a pretty long rant. Feel free to correct

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

17 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Perhaps the Triforce of Power was splintered (get it?) into eight pieces, as it is what happens when any piece of the Triforce is broken, and it’s a race between Ganondorf and Link/Zelda to gather those pieces and prevent the other from having them.

This is an example of a story that could work really well in an open world game.

13 hours ago, Lunamor said:

The first trailer for botw 2 has been released and it looks awesome! We’ve got short haired Zelda (who I really hope is playable), creepy music and rats, and what looks like mummified Ganondorf! Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Anyone have any wild theories/speculation, comments, or questions about the upcoming sequel?

That sounds great and I really hope she is playable too! Maybe her own story line, and gameplay where hers is more magic orientated while link is still more sword and board orientated. 

I'll play the first game to completion when the second one gets a release date and it's near that time.

Edit: I don't dislike Zelda, It's just not my cup of tea. I liked Windwaker but that's the last one I really played. I'm just not good at puzzles, so I tend to stay away from games with them. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

Well, I personally think that what we have here is BotW's equivalent of Majora's Mask. It checks all the boxes.

- It's a direct sequel to a prior game (Both of which were highly acclaimed)

- Darker vibes

-likely will have a combination of old and new mechanics

I think that the mummy-vampire-zombie-creature is either Ganondorf or Demise. The glowing hand looks to be right on top of the area where Ganon was stabbed in Skyward Sword and the mummy-vampire-zombie-creature also is wearing a distinctive head jewel that can be found on Ganon in other games.

(Also, @Wyndlerunner, if you got that from a specific YouTube video, I saw that same thing and I think that BOTW 2 will definitely be a Majora's Mask game, especially in the fact that it will sport high sales despite it's a combination of old and new mechanics).

On 6/12/2019 at 11:23 AM, Emperor Stick said:

I usually would just chop off its legs, and then jump on its head, laughing at its misery.

if it was just one, deflect the eyebeam with my shield.  1 hit for stationary nes, 3 hits for mobile ones.  if there were more than one....run and find cover, or at least something to jump off of so I can slowmo ancient arrows at their eyes.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:46 PM, Invocation said:

...Oh no. I regret this idea now. I hate dealing with normal Guardian lasers, much less one the size of Hyrule Castle.

Guardian lasers are the best dude. Getting that perfect parry is the best feeling in the world.