New member!

SamsonOption

New member and figured id say hi. I go by samson or sam online and im a longish sanderfan (abt 5 yrs) as well as an aspiring writer. I have read all of brandons books other than the Alcatraz series, and i have joined several cosmere subreddits including my favorite, r/cremposting. I have heard however that this is the place for the "deeper" content, and so here i am. Although id say i have more knowledge abt cosmere stuff than a casual reader, i havent really looked into WoBs and the other stuff you guys get up to here. Im looking forward to learn all i can abt the cosmere :)

Journey before destination.

Welcome!! It's good to have you. I love r/cremposting, it's probably my favorite subreddit! You'll probably enjoy the Sanderson Memes thread too, that's got some excellent silly content in there if you like that sort of thing. 

What is your favorite book or series of Brandon's? I think the Mistborn books will always take top place for me, just because I love the Metallic Arts so much!

Anyway, enjoy your time here! ^_^ 

Hello my friend! Welcome to the Shard! This is certainly the place for the deep content, including (if you want) a copy of an unreleased book called Aether of Night for you to read. It's unrefined and very much an early-Sanderson books (it shows in certain ways) but it's not bad. It's been cannibalized for all kinds of content and is sort of a proto-cosmere novel, before Sandman worked out all the nitty gritty details.

We have an RP section if you're interested in that (we have some good times there, but admittedly it's not for everyone) and a section for just about anything else you could want. It's a fun place.

6 hours ago, SamsonOption said:

hmm.. I'd say WoR is my favorite, the pacing and character development just felt so perfect.

WoR is one of the best books I've ever read! As far as singular books go, that one is my favorite as its own thing. But Mistborn still sweeps it for me in terms of a whole story.