Public Opinions  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your enjoyment of Phase 2, Rivers of Blood (RoB)?

• Excellent! :D
    • Good. :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad. :(
    • Terrible! >:(
    • Didn't read or participate/no opinion
  2. 2. Will you participate in Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)

3. 3. Are you satisfied with the way the main plot has been run?

Mike followed the battle with wide eyes, trying to decide what to do. When the Tattered One turned around, his back to him, focussing on those rushing through the door he had an idea.

Quietly he followed as well, made sure to keep out of his line of sight, his feet leaving almost no sound on the ground. Close, he needed to be close. If he sneaked up behind him, maybhe he could pull one of the spikes out. He would notice, the moment he started pulling, but if he took a blow, if he held on, then the movement of the Tattered One would only help with his effort.

@Darth Woodrack

I phrased it as a plan, to avoid any godmodding, but it's what Mike will do. Sneak up, pull a spike out.

He has skilled assassination, don't ask me what it entails in detail, but I figured that sneaking bind the back of someone is a logical part of it. So please keep that in mind, when you write your reply.

"Family can cause a person to make strange decisions." Voidus replied quietly.

The Stranger blinked.

A... family?

The Stranger could count on one hand the number of times he had been caught completely off guard. This had just topped the list. 

"That... that's..." Unbelievable. Dangerous. 

"wonderful." A grin found it's way back on to his face. "I hadn't even an inkling. It appears you still have a few tricks yet." He shook his head ruefully "I'd say it's impossible, but I know you better than that. Family. Who would have thought? The one thing I can never have."

He gave a short barking laugh, as he stood and walked towards the barrier. He stared outwards, not seeing what was in front of him. "I can almost remember family, but that was a coppermind I lost long ago. Perhaps I traded it away, perhaps I used it in an experiment..."

He turned back towards Voidus. "You are truly fortunate, my friend. I will do all I can to protect you and yours, though I have no doubt you'll need any help. But I must ask," and he looked him dead in the eyes, "How do you get that close to someone, when you carry the weight we carry? How do you avoid crushing that which you hold dear? Did you create a family? Pick the perfect strains and genetic traits? Create powerful constructs that can withstand the pressure? How do you hold something so fragile?"

@Voidus

Edited by Fatebreaker

Zokora nodded a greeting at Storm and then turned around the room. A spire, the building was like a spire.

“We have to go up. Maybe we can find someone’s office, if not the thing causing all this destruction.”

She walked over to an elevator. Dead. Placing her hand on the door she felt for it’s structure, reached out for it, changed it. It was still metal, but when she inhaled stormlight, she was able to pry it open now. Looking inside, she saw the shaft go upwards, two or three floors maybe. The elevator itself was gone, but when she looked down, she saw it's bent and crushed structure, as well a steel cable, that had been ripped apart.

“I hope the we can use the shaft to go upwards.”

@Vargo Seldon

@Grey Knight

=============================

A monster with wings and sharp claws slashed at her arm and Lena screamed in pain. She had missed it, it had attacked her coming in from the sky and she slammed at it’s claw in a useless attempt to get free. A shot, and it was thrown backwards. A woman followed it, her weapon never leaving the monster.

“Go to the car.”

She told Lena, but Lena shook her head, pressed a hand on her bleeding arm.

“I can’t. I need to go, find someone.”

The woman shot the monster again, blasted a whole through its body with whatever weapon she was using and turned. For a moment she watched Lena silently, then she nodded.

“Get into the car. I’ll drive you.”

Without giving her a chance to reply she opened the door and pushed Lena towards the seat.

For a moment Lena considered to turn and run, then she swallowed her pride and her urge to do anything but to follow a direct command.

“Where do you need to go?”

The woman asked and then added.

“Tamara, Officer in the Ghostblood army.”

Lena hesitated, then climbed into the car.

“Cookie Drive.”

Tamara nodded and started her car. Lena clung to the door, cars were strange. In all her years here, she hadn’t gotten used to them. They felt so insecure, swayed this way and that way. She hated them. She didn’t introduce herself, instead stared out of the window, upset with the situation. The woman drove aggressive, fast and Lena started to think about recipes, about her latest creations, about anything but that car. The woman stopped in front of the school, and gestured for her to get out.
“Good luck.”
She wished her, while Lena climbed out of the seat, carefully closed the door behind her again.

“How did you know?”

She asked and Tamara only waved her question away.

“There aren’t that many reasons to run through the city and refuse any help right now.”

Then she left her alone. Lena stood there, turned towards the building, saw the destruction, the blood running over the stairs. The same picture as in the rest of the city. Her eyes flicked down to her blood soaked pants and she gagged, leaned forward and vomited on the ground. Blood, sticky, red blood, on her, on her shoes, on the ground. With shaking fingers she held her hair back, it was red as well. She only stopped gagging when her stomach was empty, when she there wasn’t anything left. With shaking fingers she opened her bag, cleaned her mouth with some water and then drank some. Her eyes moved to the building again, tried to avoid the blood, focused on the stones. Quickly she grabbed a pill and swallowed it. It would calm her stomach. Then she smeared a paste on her arm to numb the pain and wrapped a bandage around the cut. It would have be sewed close late, but for now it was important to staunch the bleeding. Slowly she took a first step towards the entrance, hoped that she would find him, and at the same time hoped that she would find nothing at all.

Edited by Sorana

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Zokora nodded a greeting at Storm and then turned around the room. A spire, the building was like a spire.

“We have to go up. Maybe we can find someone’s office, if not the thing causing all this destruction.”

She walked over to an elevator. Dead. Placing her hand on the door she felt for it’s structure, reached out for it, changed it. It was still metal, but when she inhaled stormlight, she was able to pry it open now. Looking inside, she saw the shaft go upwards, two or three floors maybe. The elevator itself was gone, but when she looked down, she saw it's bent and crushed structure, as well a steel cable, that had been ripped apart.

“I hope the we can use the shaft to go upwards.”

Stormbreaker paused, giving a rope to Edalb.  She was the most agile of all of them.  She lithely climbed the elevator shaft, dropping the rope down when she reached a spot about halfway.  Hasharan scaled the rope, worrying about both his and the shardplate's weight.  It held, albeit with some creaking, and he made it to the top.  

After reaching the top, he ripped the doors off the elevator shaft, stepping through with a sigh of relief.  Stormbreaker gestured for everyone to go up.  He drew one of his weapons, spinning it lazily while keeping a sharp vigil.  

@Sorana

@Grey Knight

Umm.. Sorana, you know he creates those right? Like, you can’t rip it out, and if you do it won’t really do any damage to him right? Also, Ark will be really mad at me if I kill Mike, so can you avoid putting me in a position where I can’t come up with a viable excuse why I didn’t kill him.

Also, Vargo, Xinoe, there was an attack in my post, and I can’t continue until I know how your characters respond to a potentially lethal attack.

@Sorana @xinoehp512 @Vargo Seldon

Silva ran up to Zokora and said, “Okay, what’s the plan?”

@Sorana @Vargo Seldon @Grey Knight

12 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

The Tattered One charged through the door, after Edahs, jutting foot long blades from his hands. He sprayed a screen of razor sharp needles from the front of his body at the two fleeing heretics.

@Vargo Seldon @xinoehp512

The needles thwacked into Edahs's skin and began to dissolve as they came in contact with the acid in his form.

Edahs hissed as the spikes were pushed out and the wounds sealed over. He shot more shadow-acid backwards at the creature.

31 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The needles thwacked into Edahs's skin and began to dissolve as they came in contact with the acid in his form.

Just pointing out two things, I mean, I will go with this to a slightly more damage extent, but the spikes are essentially mini shard blades that don't sever your spirit. So, it is more likely they would go straight though than dissolve. That good? Also, can you give me a character profile for Edahs, because he doesn't seem to be in your list in the AC thread.

Emotion: Compromising.

And to Vargo: You could in theory stop the needles, but in the profile it says that it doesn't work when bullets are fired rapid fire, so it probably wouldn't be lethal, but it would cause harm, unless he uses a largestor to end up behind them.

Emotion: Helpful.

The Tattered one ran straight through the acid, and catapulted several long spikes in front of the fleeing heretics blocking there escape through the main hallway, unless they can spontaneously turn into a non solid from.

@xinoehp512 @Vargo Seldon

1 hour ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Umm.. Sorana, you know he creates those right? Like, you can’t rip it out, and if you do it won’t really do any damage to him right? Also, Ark will be really mad at me if I kill Mike, so can you avoid putting me in a position where I can’t come up with a viable excuse why I didn’t kill him.

Uhm no, I thought it's spikes as spikes. So I won't change my post. Then my character made a mistake.

Regarding Ark: finally it's my decision if Mike dies or not, should he die in this fight, then Ark can be mad at me and not at you.

I can only ask you to not treat him differently because it would rob me of a lot of fun.

Edited by Sorana

RaiSeel ran through the ruined town, seeing all the destruction.

"Oh Harmony..."

She looked around. This is the right place, right? As she looked around, she saw some crazy man with spikes in him, attacking a bunch of other people, and decided to duck behind some rubble. Better watch, before I get involved.

26 minutes ago, Emperor Stick said:

RaiSeel ran through the ruined town, seeing all the destruction.

"Oh Harmony..."

She looked around. This is the right place, right? As she looked around, she saw some crazy man with spikes in him, attacking a bunch of other people, and decided to duck behind some rubble. Better watch, before I get involved.

Neil watched the battle carefully from behind his pile of rubble. He'd been torn between joining up with the rest and staying hidden here, but the appearance of... whatever that thing was had made his mind up. When Daa got here... hopefully it would be soon. Even here, he felt unsafe.

All of a sudden, someone slid in next to him. He jumped slightly and yelped in surprise.

This okay, Stick?

@Emperor Stick

1 hour ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Just pointing out two things, I mean, I will go with this to a slightly more damage extent, but the spikes are essentially mini shard blades that don't sever your spirit. So, it is more likely they would go straight though than dissolve. That good? Also, can you give me a character profile for Edahs, because he doesn't seem to be in your list in the AC thread.

Really? Huh. Here you go.

Spoiler

Name: Edahs

Investiture/Skills: Made of a fluid black (cognitive) substance. Can control the shape of the substance and make it hard if he wishes. Can also produce “shadow-acid” from his skin, which can eat through almost anything. It is less effective on living creatures, but causes great pain upon contact. Feeds on free Investiture, but can consume souls if given consent.

Weakness: Like a Shade, he destroys and is destroyed by silver.

Physical Characteristics: Human shaped, zero features.

Family: None

Home: Alleycity.

Backstory: Edahs comes from a fusion between two beings, a dark blob and a man named Rotcennoc. The dark blob was created to be pure pain. It was thrown out of the mind where it had resided and had stalked around the alleycity, feeding off spare Investiture. Rotcennoc lived in the North Sea and was trying to execute an attempt to take over the world. He was thwarted, but escaped. He ran into the dark blob after his escape, and as he didn’t want to get eaten, offered to combine their powers.

A fair point, but Edahs is fairly Invested.

@Darth Woodrack

Edited by xinoehp512

Just now, Emperor Stick said:

RaiSeel looked over at Neil.

"Oh, hi! Your that guy from Tena's house, right? Didn't notice you. So uh, who's on who's side over there?"

Neil exhaled, his heart rate slowing. She was on his side. Nothing to be afraid of.

He turned to peek over the top of the debris and shook his head. "I don't know. They've all gone inside."

@Emperor Stick

Lita turned back towards the TUBA member in the street, cocking her head a bit to the side.

"Lovely day for the end of the world, eh?" She said, tugging her sleeves back down to conceal her spikes. "We need to find your leaders, let them know what's about to happen. You'll want to get as many people out of the city and into your tunnels as you can, and quickly. Things are about to get..messy."

@Silva @kenod @Voidus

3 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Silva ran up to Zokora and said, “Okay, what’s the plan?”

Azrael strode forward to the threshold of the elevator.

"We go down," he said, kneeling and looking over the edge. "My Librarians--what's left of them-- can sense something below this building. The problem is going to be getting enough of our forces down there in time." He gestured towards the darkness below. "This shaft is a choke point. My brothers and I can barely fit inside, let alone climb down it at any reasonable speed. We don't know what's down there, so falling isn't an option." He stood up, and turned back to the group. "So- assassin, Sister Rey: What do we do?"

@Vargo Seldon  @Darth Woodrack @Sorana

Edited by Grey Knight

11 minutes ago, Grey Knight said:

"We go down," he said, kneeling and looking over the edge. "My Librarians--what's left of them-- can sense something below this building. The problem is going to be getting enough of our forces down there in time." He gestured towards the darkness below. "This shaft is a choke point. My brothers and I can barely fit inside, let alone climb down it at any reasonable speed. We don't know what's down there, so falling isn't an option." He stood up, and turned back to the group. "So- assassin, Sister Rey: What do we do?"

Zokora paused, looked down. There was much down there, at least not that she could see it.

"Are you sure we need to go down?"

she asked and looked up again.

"They are power-hungry, crazy. I think it would be more logical for them to place their tools high in the tower."

Still she threw a glowing sphere into the shaft, to help them see what was down there.

"And in general, I can take you with me, teleport where we need to go. It's easier when I know where I am heading though, But if I go first, I should be able to get you over to me."

At least she hoped, that she was able to do this. Hearing steps she saw Silva approach them, and waved her over, gave her a quick summary of the situation.

@Vargo Seldon

@Grey Knight

@Darth Woodrack

===============================

The spike flew towards him and Mike yelped in surprise when it cut his arm open. Thankfully he wasn't that tall yet and the tattered one was a taller than he was. This was no ordinary spike, it was something else. Maybe he should have checked, before he attacked it. Mike looked around for the others, to see what they were doing, if any of them an idea what to do. Think, he told himself. Think. You are an assassin. You don't confront your enemy. Alright. He had messed that part up. What else could he do? Was there something he could do? He had no invested weapon, only his knifes. The thing seemed to ignore them. Think, think Mike. Nothing. With a frustrated groan he slammed both knifes down an the body of his enemy, aiming for the upper body. Maybe an idea would strike later.

@Darth Woodrack

It doesn't really matter how invested Edahs is, his acid can't dissolve essentially pure investiture.

Emotion: Informative

The Tattered One glanced behind him at Mike and then turned back to Edahs. He charged him, and slashed from his head to his feet with two foot and a half long blades i an attempt to slice him in half.

@xinoehp512 @Vargo Seldon @Sorana

Sorana, Sister Rey is Silva. Silva Rey is her full name. Just so you know.

"Our strategy depends on which way we go. If we go up, I would advise repelling down up the side of the building from a grapple put in by a black crusade airship. Teleporting could, but at the same time, they could have some form of shielding. If we go down, a pair of well armed space marine shock troopers would be my advice, covered by my sand and followed by us. So, Brother Azrael, Zokora, do we go up, or down?"

@Vargo Seldon @Sorana @Grey Knight

It doesn't really matter how invested Edahs is, his acid can't dissolve essentially pure investiture.

It's not actually acid, really. I just call it that.

Given that the spikes are metallic Investiture, while the actual body would be technically more like gaseous, I think it would dissolve it, albeit slowly. It's more powerful inside of him.

The Tattered One glanced behind him at Mike and then turned back to Edahs. He charged him, and slashed from his head to his feet with two foot and a half long blades i an attempt to slice him in half.

Edahs jumped back, but not quite fast enough to escape the blade entirely. It scratched across his chest, leaving a wound which quickly sealed over.

6 hours ago, Emperor Stick said:

RaiSeel stood up and extended a hand to Neil.

"We probably should follow. That crazy guy looks dangerous, and I highly doubt he's nice."

Neil took the hand and let her pull him up. "I... doubt that would go well for me."

@Emperor Stick

Edited by xinoehp512

Either way, it wouldn't dissolve quickly enough for what you rpd. In any case, it would pass through him, and it seems unlikely that these two will face each other again.

Emotion: Trying to end the debate.

Sorana, just wondering, are you trying to get Mike killed? He saw what happened to Maxwell right? (I didn't notice that attack until now, and am acting as if it happened after he attacked Edahs. That okay?)

Emotion: Laughing

A plasma core bomb collar laky ran up and gave The Tattered One a jewel of stormlight to replenish his investiture reserves. He took it, and then shot three waves of spikes at Edahs, and sent a dozen needles at Darkness. Then he felt two knives go into his back. He sent jutted out needles from his entire back and shot them backwards.

@Vargo Seldon @xinoehp512 @Sorana

Edited by Darth Woodrack