Public Opinions  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your enjoyment of Phase 2, Rivers of Blood (RoB)?

• Excellent! :D
    • Good. :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad. :(
    • Terrible! >:(
    • Didn't read or participate/no opinion
  2. 2. Will you participate in Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)

3. 3. Are you satisfied with the way the main plot has been run?

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

She got to her feet and look at Alask. He had changed, the storm had changed him. This storm. It was like a thing of a fairy-tale come alive. In the streets people had spoken about it reverently, had discussed hiding, while those with magic would be strong, but the idea behind that plan eluded her. If someone wanted to kill you, they would do it. It was only a strom after all. Her eyes met the soldiers standing around them, and she looked to Alask, asked him with a gesture if he had a plan. If he hadn’t she could always poison them all.

Shez/Alask looked to Lena. She made the gesture to ask if they had a plan.

A plan. Yes, the plan was to kill all of the Rulebreakers. But that wasn’t a long term solution. They looked to the sky, at the Phoenix. The ultimate kindler of flame. They would have to die. But no, as strong as Shez/Alask was, they couldn’t take down a Phoenix. They looked to the PlasmaCore building, red glowing eyes turning green.

“PlasmaCore is dead. The building is gone,” They said, looking to Lena. Lena, the poisoner, the mother. She was scary, yet she was not. The Shez/Alask dual mind were confused about her. She didn’t break the Rules, which pleased them enough, and she was their friend, which was why she’d been invited to the Forge. She was a murderer, but... so was Shez/Alask.

“The Phoenix succeeded.” Shez/Alask’s voice was weird. It was like two voices, moulded over each other. No mouth opened to say the words from their body, the sound emanated off of the translucent, smoking head, with the two green eyes looking at Lena curiously.

I just realised all of the Venom parallels I’m drawing, halfway through the post :P 

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Shez/Alask looked to Lena. She made the gesture to ask if they had a plan.

A plan. Yes, the plan was to kill all of the Rulebreakers. But that wasn’t a long term solution. They looked to the sky, at the Phoenix. The ultimate kindler of flame. They would have to die. But no, as strong as Shez/Alask was, they couldn’t take down a Phoenix. They looked to the PlasmaCore building, red glowing eyes turning green.

“PlasmaCore is dead. The building is gone,” They said, looking to Lena. Lena, the poisoner, the mother. She was scary, yet she was not. The Shez/Alask dual mind were confused about her. She didn’t break the Rules, which pleased them enough, and she was their friend, which was why she’d been invited to the Forge. She was a murderer, but... so was Shez/Alask.

“The Phoenix succeeded.” Shez/Alask’s voice was weird. It was like two voices, moulded over each other. No mouth opened to say the words from their body, the sound emanated off of the translucent, smoking head, with the two green eyes looking at Lena curiously.

"Yes. Although I doubt it will leave now."

Lena slung her bag over her shoulder. She tilted her head to the side, when she saw him looking at her curiously.

"You are strange, but I like you. Both of you."

She told him bluntly and leaned against a house, looked at his strange form. It was the first time, she saw both of them, talked to both of them at the same time, the calm green eyes floating in the strange head.

"Do you always burn someone, or only when you're angry?"

She asked him curiously, ignored the storm around them.

==============================

Wolf stepped into the build and turned around, waited for Seom.

Mike screamed at the darkness around him. Squid left his hand, pulled away from him with the others. It was his body. And he was tired of loosing control, of always loosing control. It was his. Only his. Mike looked at them all, at squid, porcupine, salmon, fox, squirrel, snake and at the place where wolf should be. It was his body. He was supposed to be in control, to do something more than to sit around and to surrender control to someone else. His eyes fell on the bloody skin of his arm, where he had cut off the bloodflame tattoo. Bella. He had handed control of his life to Bella, to the Ghostbloods, to everbody else, but he had never, never stood up and claimed what was his.

And Mike stood up. He grabbed wolf and pushed him down, far down, set him next to the others and then he turned around and left. They were his and he would call them, when he needed them.

Mike opened his eyes and looked at Seom, reached out for her hand.

"I'm sorry. It's hard to keep them in check."

They were still there, fighting him, trying to assume control. but for now, his body was his.

@Ark's Boyfriend

Edited by Sorana

Her keen eyes watched the figure below, watched the golden flames that surrounded it, beginning to swirl in the winds of the Storm that had finally reached them. The figure rose above the ground, taking to the skies in truth rather than pretense now, and she felt a swell of excitement. Excitement that turned to surprise as the figure suddenly blurred, the air and ground exploding around them as they shot skywards towards her.

Fast.

Her eyes struggled to keep up with the figure, and she knew that if she so much as blinked she would lose track of it entirely. The excitement in her eyes stoked into a fire of passion as she flashed groundwards in response, both figures bound on a collision course towards each other.

Suddenly she felt her gut wrench as something seemed to slam into her, not anything physical but she felt the sudden pressure all the same. Felt her interest in this hunt pale in comparison to a sudden burning interest in what else she might hunt outside of the city.

Not now. She snarled back. This hunt has yet to finish.

She tried to force the unnatural sensation from her mind, recognizing the influence that was trying to manipulate her. But even as her mind tried to snap back to the hunt, she realized that she'd lost track of her quarry entirely, and then even that thought was gone as she felt the pressure against her increase still farther. This was no wide-spread wave pushing against her mind. This was a targeted attack. The Enemy was watching from somewhere, using its hated abilities to try to direct her out and away from this city. Away from them.

The pressure pierced deep within her mind, becoming pain all too quickly as it seemed to shred apart the defense that she was usually afforded against such attacks. She was used to pain, but this was different, the pain didn't stop, didn't heal like usual. It pierced deeper and deeper until she had to close her eyes to try to hold it back. She let out another loud screech, this time in pure pain as the invasion into her mind continued. She could already feel the driving impulse to leave the city growing stronger, strong enough to overcome her natural instinct. But she could not obey even that impulse right now, her wings folded in as she began to fall towards the ground, eyes still twisted shut in pain and discomfort.

Hate it. Hate it. Hate it!

She raged fiercely against the pain as well as the enemy that was the source of it, she'd already lost sensation over her body, unsure if she'd already collided with the other figure, or perhaps even fallen to the ground in a disgraced heap. All she knew was that there was pain, and pressure, and she needed it to stop.

@kenod @I think I am here.

5 minutes ago, Ark's Boyfriend said:

Seom took his hand with a nod. "Yeah." @Sorana

"Is Wes alright?"

Mike asked and closed his eyes for a moment, pushed wolf's concern away.

"Wolf is worried about him."

He forced himself to focus, despite the pressure of emotions, of snake wanting a fly, of squip wishing for the ocean, of porcupine urging to run away altogether.

"We need a plan, need to find our troops and reorganize. There has to be a way we can help."

47 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Is Wes alright?"

Mike asked and closed his eyes for a moment, pushed wolf's concern away.

"Wolf is worried about him."

He forced himself to focus, despite the pressure of emotions, of snake wanting a fly, of squip wishing for the ocean, of porcupine urging to run away altogether.

"We need a plan, need to find our troops and reorganize. There has to be a way we can help."

"Wes?" Seom called to the guy. 

"I... do we need to kill things? Didn't we win?"

The Alleystorm was at its full height now, and Lita's mind and body strained against its own limits. She was sensation, every nerve strung taut and plucked at once. From behind her, Lita could hear the Phoenix shrieking in agony, the wind rushing against its fiery form as it plummeted towards the ground.

She was grateful for the deep shadow of this alleyway, though to her it was bright as full noon -  brighter, even. Her eyes watered, the sting compounded and layered over the rest of her senses, just another note in the symphony echoing through her. The city was burning, screaming, dying. Lita could hear the blood running through her own body, the pulse of her heart, the microscopic contractions of her facial muscles when she blinked. Tin was a bonfire within her, a white-hot forge fire flooding her body, her mind, her soul, commanding her to burn.

The smallest whisper of caution tickled her mind, the fear of flaring too high for too long. Everyone knew the dangers of too much tin, the price that would be paid if she pushed her body too far. But this...how could she give up this? With this much perception, there was no secret that could hide from her. She was sight, was hearing, was touch. The woman before her, this Deteca, was merely a distraction, a small piece of the larger whole. Rusts, this entire city was but a scratch on the surface. There was so much more to discover, to learn, to uncover. Lita turned her head a fraction to look at Mac, then the Stranger.

The limit, and the limitless. Both had moved through this world of their own accord, but so differently. Mac would advise caution, restraint. And the Stranger? Did he not also warn her against recklessness? Lita was balanced on the knife-point, a dancer in the storm around her, that liminal space of the doorway, the endless chasm that echoed between heartbeats. She remembered the golden script that had crawled and burned along the floor, the walls, the ceiling of her quarters back in the Alleys. The language of reality, the truth that she had only ever glimpsed before in fleeting whispers. 

I still have one vial left, she thought, fingers tracing the bottle with a fevered hunger. Here, in the storm, who knew what a true flare would let her see and hear? And the cost... did it matter? In her pocket, the Coin pulsed with a low heat. A warning, or an encouragement? Both? 

What are you hungry for?

Her voice was softer than a whisper, the word a phantom shadow, a thought who's soul had dripped down the back of Lita's throat and onto her tongue. "Everything," she breathed, and flared tin.

Kumiko collided with the Phoenix, flames flaring up around both of them. Immediately she separated again, preparing for another attack. She stopped however when she saw the Phoenix motionless in mid-air. She stared as it slowly started falling down, wondering what to. She could just try to kill it, but that seemed... unfair for some reason, to kill something as majestic as that while it was helpless. She cut off her own flight, falling down to the ground as well, softly landing in front of where the Phoenix would fall. As she touched down she felt her knees buckle, having grown weak under the strain. She could still feel it, still hurting, but it was bearable now.

Looking at the falling Phoenix she prepared a new form, similar to one she had used before, but only selecting a single story this time. She wouldn't have done this normally, the strain would have killed her for sure. But with the support of the Alleystorm... She focused, getting the form ready, but not applying it yet. Her current form was a lot less difficult to use, and the regeneration would be useful in case of anything unexpected.

Dark Phoenix didn't stop. The allomancy was absorbed, filling her with anger at the mere thought.  HOW DARE THEY. She sent her mental links into the area it seemed to be coming from. Everyone near that area heard the voice. It said, three times STOP OR DIE. It was accompanied with an image of Dark Phoenix's face, eyes swirling darkly. She sent it with such force it would fill the mind, make it impossible to see until the message was over.

She howled, and fire burst around her, into the sky, swirled around by the Alleystorm. When it hit a building, it turned a light green, and then, slowly, into regular fire.

The enemies would die. Nothing would stop Dark Phoenix.

Talost stirred, his eyes flashing. Each small section of tungsten holding him down slowly lifted, one by one, each releasing a puff of steam as it lifted away from his skin. He rose, pushing himself off of the table with shaking arms. "It is time." His father stood behind him, wearing a dark red suit. "Time for the transformation?" Talost asked. "Your first Form of Power awaits you, my son," Allak answered.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *   

They stood on a cliff, far away from the Alleycity, which they could faintly see had caught ablaze. The Alleystorm approached. Bonding was near. Though Silas would have chosen smokeform, Talost had chosen stormform. A form of strength and destruction. And, with an added bonus, built-in light shows. Talost picked up the gem that held the stormspren (or whatever they were called I can't remember) and threw it onto the ground, crushing it beneath his heel. The storm hit. And the transformation began.

@Ark's Boyfriend @Ax's Boyfriend

Not sure if you saw my last post regarding Silas, Ark. If you did not, here you go. 

Edited by bees?

Laurelai looked up only to see Lita looking in a different direction, as was everyone else. She followed their line of sights and saw a new figure that had entered the Alley, the one from TUBA who had been at the meeting earlier. She regretted again her lack of any powers that would aid in perception, being the last to notice someone who could hav ebeen spying on them was not something she enjoyed.

But moments later she forgot her irritation at herself, the wind picked up in the Alley, pulling even more cool air in towards them. The Alleystorm had finally hit, bringing with it a surge of power that infused any Invested object or being. Laurelai felt the Dor suddenly blazing within her veins, felt the pressure of it trying to escape. She wondered if this was how Elantrians felt, she'd met a few of those, bodies aglow with radiant energy. If she tried to Forge something during the Storm would she look like that as well?

But she wouldn't, that was something she'd promised herself long ago, ever since she'd understood her Bane she'd ensured that she never Forged anything during the Storm. Even on a regular day, she'd accidentally blown things up before. If that Investiture surged out of her during an Alleystorm she feared that she might not survive the experience.

She looked towards Lita, watched her reaction as the Storm flooded over them. She seemed to be twitching a lot, but that was probably just the increased sensation. Laurelai imagined that having this cold wind suddenly feel fifty times more sharp and biting would probably cause her to flinch a little as well.

Is everything okay? She sent to Lita, best to check up to be sure. She didn't know how Tineyes would react in the Storm but perhaps they should try to find somewhere indoors at least.
@ZincAboutIt
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Her talons curled into a tight ball, muscles tensing at the sudden pain that had invaded her. Her entire body was locked, paralyzed by the pain and the mental force that accompanied it. Dimly she felt a sudden pressure against her side and one of her wings, the ground possibly. The idea that she would be brought to the ground by another was something that would usually incite her to a murderous rage on its own, but right now she barely even  noticed it.

She fought back against the piercing sensation, tried to use her own mind to blunt its force, to turn it back.

I rule, I do not serve. Her mind tried to burn the force away, but she had no fire here.

I hunt, I do not flee. She tried to chase the force back along whatever path it had travelled, but all her speed meant nothing in this place.

I live, I do not die. She hurled her mind against the pain, trying to break it beneath her as she had that building, but her mind had no weight with which to crush it.

I....

I-

Darkness claimed her vision entirely as the pain pierced through her entirely, and she felt the last wall of resistance shatter before it.
@I think I am here.

Lita flared her tin, and all was pain.

Pain, and glory.

She felt her mouth open, and the small gasp that escaped her lips sounded like a scream to her own ears. Her heart was thunder, her blood was a waterfall, her breath was a hurricane. And the Storm! Cold bit into her skin like needles, her body starting to tremble, rain blowing in from the street to pepper her cheeks in a wet tet-tet-tet. The alley bled color, the stone beneath her feet a hundred shades of grey and brown, each drop of rain changing the hue. 

Something moved out of the corner of her eye, a bright sliver of shine. Laurelai's spike. The Alleycant message came a moment later.

Is everything okay?

The question struck Lita as impossibly absurd. Okay? She grinned, the smile wild and hard; Lita felt the cold wind cut into her gums as she turned toward Laurelai. Her reflection gazed back in the shine of Laurelai's eye, and Lita saw herself as she was then: hair a windblown tangle, half-soaked in rain, shaking with each new gust of the Storm. And her eyes, wide and gleeful and terrible, green swallowed in the black of her pupils. Lita laughed a string of high, strange notes that were quickly torn away in the wind.

In a back room of her mind, Lita was terrified. She knew she should be afraid, but there was simply no room. No room in her mind with all the world pressing in around her, oozing through her skin, climbing down her throat, ringing in her ears. She could taste Laurelai's own fear on her tongue, watched as a row of hairs on the back of the woman's neck rose in a synchronized wave like a field of autumn wheat. Lita spun the pen in her fingers, the narrow cylinder carving a perfect ellipse as it danced over the edge of her thumb.

Never better.

@Voidus

59 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Darkness claimed her vision entirely as the pain pierced through her entirely, and she felt the last wall of resistance shatter before it.

Wait, is this what I think it means?

*excited noises*

Max was completely engrossed within the Rioting. A sudden image of the dark Phoenix penetrated his mind for a moment and his Rioting on that Phoenix slipped, he was gaining no purchase on the Dark Phoenix’s mind. The Red Phoenix however, that was going much better than Max thought. His brain was being stretched like an elastic band between the two monsters.

Suddenly, something slipped, like Max had just reached the surface after being underwater. A moment of clarity happened, and it took Max a moment to realise something. That the Red Phoenix wasn’t struggling any longer.

Althea, he said, completely unprepared. I’m in control. The Red Phoenix, I control it. Rioting the Dark Phoenix isn’t working, though.

Now was the perfect time to sic the Red Phoenix against Ajax. But, Ajax hadn’t attacked yet, and Max didn’t know where he was. There was only one threat of massive proportions, apart from him, and that was the Dark Phoenix.

I have an idea, he said. Taking control of the Red Phoenix was unexpected, and Max didn’t know if he could hold onto such a large amount of power for too long. But he could give some instructions.

Okay, Phoenix, he said, not knowing whether the Phoenix could actually hear him. We don’t have the best of relationships, I’m sure. I don’t think you like me very much. But that doesn’t matter, you need to kill the Dark Phoenix. Kill the Dark Phoenix, and kill it far away from here. He didn’t want collateral damage to the city.

Those are your instructions.

—-

Wes looked up and jogged after Mike and Seom.

“I’m here,” he said.

—-

She liked them. Both of them.

“When we’re angry,” they said.

“And we don’t think it’s burning. Withering, maybe. But they all deserve it, for breaking the rules. Especially if they’re bad. If they’re good... we can hold back.”

56 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Althea, he said, completely unprepared. I’m in control. The Red Phoenix, I control it. Rioting the Dark Phoenix isn’t working, though.

Althea felt sick when she heard Max thoughts. He was in control. She knew what it meant, how it felt to be a visitor in your own body, helpless. The thought alone was enough to make her breath pick up and she focused on the storm again. It wasn't her, it was the Phoenix. It was a creature. Any yet she knew, that it was more, that it was intelligent. That it could feel.

Just make her fly away. If you can.

She asked Max quietly, although he'd probably already given orders. Uncomfortably she looked at the bird tumbling towards the ground. She knew it was neccessary, a price to be paid. But the thought to force that on anybody else was enough to make her hands shaking. It was a creature an abomination, but it was too close to what Septhis had done, too close to Oasis. We are all broken messes. Max was right, they were both broken messes. Sometimes she wondered how she even managed to get through a single, normal day. And now she was here and felt sorry for a bird. For a huge flaming bird, setting the city aflame, killing those she needed to protect.

Althea swallowed, concentrated on the storm, on its power, on anything else but her fingers that started to shake slightly again, on the memories waited for her. She was exhausted, despite the stormlight, despite the power of the storm she was exhausted. This day had been too long. Go on, she would go on and once this was over, they could finally go home.

=========================

Mike paused.

"You're right."

He said astonished and sat down, smiled at Wes.

"Good that you're here."

For a moment he simply looked at his hands, then he shrugged.

"So, if there is nothing we can do and as PlasmaCore is done for, we could go and search for something to eat? I'm hungry. Maybe we can join some of our troops in the hideouts?"

@Ark's Boyfriend

=============================

Only when they were angry. Well, they weren't angry now, were they? Green eyes, calm voice.

"Withering, to me it looked like burning, but if it's called something else."

Lena shrugged and reached out for him, attempted to touch his arm.

I'm not sure if I forgot Zokora yesterday, if so, sorry.

Zokora was glad she was standing a bit shielded of the storm, at the entrance to the tunnel, waited for Baker Pi to lead the way. She and the storm, it was difficult. Sometimes she liked it, sometimes she feared it. Better not try it out. She had seen too many ghosts already.

@AonEne

Edited by Sorana

Soft eyelids slowly lifted back up, exposing the large amber eyes underneath. The eyes blinked, focusing in on the broken rubble that surrounded them, rotating around in their sockets to fully take in their surroundings.

Talons relaxed, opening back up into a wide spread from the tight curl that they had been in. They scrabbled at the ground beneath them, curving slightly until they found purchase enough to pull back up, righting the body that rested atop them into a standing position.

Wings spread out, catching the warm air beneath them again and began a steady downbeat, lifting the body back into the sky. Flames flickered along the edges of those wings, heating the air to provide more lift, curling over the body to coat it once again in fiery armour.

The head twisted about as it rose into the air, twisting until it pointed in the direction of the large, dark-purple flames in the distance. The head stretched forward, leading the rest of the body that followed as it slowly picked up speed, flying towards the dark Phoenix.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She tried to screech but there was no sound, tried to burn but there was no light, tried to fly but there was no air. There was nothing but darkness in all directions, even the piercing pain that she had been fighting against was gone now.

Okay, Phoenix

The voice resounded around her. She tried to turn to find the source but even that proved impossible, she had no neck to twist, no head to search with, no eyes to see with.

We don’t have the best of relationships, I’m sure. I don’t think you like me very much.

She had not heard this voice before, but it was accompanied by a presence she knew all too well. The Enemy was responsible for this, for locking her away and stealing her wind and fire. She tried to screech back, but once again found herself unable to.

But that doesn’t matter.

She disagreed with the voice. It mattered very much, it was the only thing that mattered. She would hunt them, they would fight or run. That was all there was, that was life. The Enemy sought to deprive her of even that.

You need to kill the Dark Phoenix. Kill the Dark Phoenix, and kill it far away from here. 

She recognized the image it was speaking of, her Rival in the skies. She had no particular wish to hunt it right now, but as soon as the words spoke she felt that pressure again. The words slammed against her mind with the weight of a mountain, pushing their way in. She felt the lie become truth.

She didn't want to kill the Rival. She needed to. An imperative as absolute as the need to breathe. More so even, given that she could heal any damage caused by suffocation. She needed it, but she was still not in control. Dimly she felt eyes open, flames burst and wings beginning to soar. But they were not her eyes, not her flames and not her wings. They belonged to someone else now. The lie had become truth, but the rest had not been lies, they had been orders. And orders were carried out, regardless of what she thought of them.

Those are your instructions.

She seethed at the voice, felt her hatred of it rise to levels that dwarfed what she had felt before. It was no longer simply an Enemy to be hunted down and fought. She needed more than that. She would take their world from them like they took hers. They wanted her to leave this city? She would return. They wanted her to stop destroying? She would leave it all in cinders. They wanted to protect? She would destroy. She would burn the world around them, take every last thing until they were all that was left. And then she would leave them, alone in a world without sound or light.

Max controlled the Phoenix, and he could feel the instructions being yielded through amber eyes that didn’t belong to him.

Just make her fly away. If you can. Althea’s voice sounded in his head quietly, and Max had a sudden pang of remembrance. Flashbacks of the Atticus/Ambrosia duel, the duel where he lost Mara, flashed in the dark place when Max closed his eyes. He’d gone crazy in the duel, he’d controlled Atticus, broken both of their minds, and Atticus had gone in a duel to the death in pretty much a suicide.

And what was Max doing now? A repeat? The thought that he could handle it crossed his mind, that the AlleyStorm would enhance him, but it was overruled by the memory in the Sewers, where one of Frob’s friends had Rioted Max, made him feel all the pain and failures of his life. Is that really how it feels? He’d asked Althea. She’d said yes.

Storms, he said to the Phoenix and he took back his command to hurt the Dark Phoenix, just simply said to stop. I’m sorry, I’m so, so sorry. Could the Phoenix understand him? It definitely could think, that much was evident that Max’s could feel the hate it emanated through their link.

But, it was a monster! An abomination, and what was more efficient than to use an abomination to destroy another? He was so confused, he felt like a kid again for a moment, Rioting Mara and then feeling guilty about it later. The thought crossed his mind of when Max had Rioted Mara too much, Rioted fear so much that she ran away.

I’m so sorry. He was abusing the power. Was that what it was? He hadn’t thought he was. But the Phoenix hated him, that much was clear. Would letting it free cause more issues.

The first time I Rioted you, it was by accident, I-I was angry. And I Rioted everyone. And the second time, it was blackmail. This was my fault, though, this control, I’m sorry. Do you even understand me? I know you can think, but...

He shook his head. He wished so badly he could just make this all go away. He wished the Phoenix could just leave without Max feeling like he was the real villain. And I don’t want to let you go now, because I know you want to kill me. But, believe me, I really don’t want to do this.

@Voidus

—-—

“Thanks,” Wes said, and walked next to Mike.

“I’ve got plenty of food in my bendalloyminds,” he said. “But unfortunately I don’t know how to, you know, make it so anyone can tap it. So all this food’s for me, sadly.”

—-—

She moved to touch them and Shez/Alask moved away from her hand.

“Can’t control that,” they said. “Withering happens anyway. But we only try to do it to people, when they break the Rules.”

@Sorana

Edited by I think I am here.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“Thanks,” Wes said, and walked next to Mike.

“I’ve got plenty of food in my bendalloyminds,” he said. “But unfortunately I don’t know how to, you know, make it so anyone can tap it. So all this food’s for me, sadly.”

Mike smiled at him and grinned slightly.

“At least one of us has a useful power. I wish I could eat as much chocolate as I want and simply store it away.”

He picked up a shirt and held it up.

“It could fit you. And it isn’t a rag like the one you wear.”

The explosion that had almost killed Wes had left his cloths in bad shape.

“And maybe some pants as well?”

@Ark's Boyfriend

Lena pulled her hand back and shifted her weight.

“So, what will we do now? The Phoenix is here, you were successful. Though I doubt they will simply let us go like that.”

======================

Althea felt Max tense behind her and she moved a bit back, until her body touched his. Comfortingly she continued to hold his hand, wished she could help him, take this weight of his shoulders. She couldn’t, but she could be here for him anyway.

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Mike smiled at him and grinned slightly.

“At least one of us has a useful power. I wish I could eat as much chocolate as I want and simply store it away.”

He picked up a shirt and held it up.

“It could fit you. And it isn’t a rag like the one you wear.”

The explosion that had almost killed Wes had left his cloths in bad shape.

“And maybe some pants as well?”

@Ark's Boyfriend

Seom walked out with some apples and proteins bars.

She was trying to imagine what the Enemy cared about most, they seemed to want her to leave the city, but then they had called her here as well. Did they even know that she would feel it? No, they had known. They had been waiting for her, tried to manipulate her when she arrived. But they had tried to direct her towards a part of the city, the Enemy of stone. So they wanted that destroyed and used her to do it? But they did care about the rest of the city. That was good.

She imagined the city in flames, the other stone buildings melting beneath the inferno she would unleash upon them.

Storms. The Voice resounded again. She wanted to burn that voice. Wanted her silence back. What was it even saying? She knew of storms but it felt different, like that Pretender who had worn the shape of other things, but had not been other things. Perhaps crawling on the ground made it harder for them to think. Perhaps the air was dirtier down there and that was why they all came up with such strange ideas.

She felt another rush of pressure against her, wordless this time but an order nonetheless. She felt it seize the body, not her body any longer, and stop it now, retracting the earlier order.

I’m sorry, I’m so, so sorry.

She felt an urge to cock her head at that. Confusion briefly tamping down the fires of her hatred at the Voice that continued to speak. Understanding transcended language here, but she still felt that she didn't understand what the Voice was saying. Was it pitying her? That made her angrier still. But it felt like it was pitying her for what it had done to her. That didn't make sense, if it didn't like a thing then why had it done it?

I’m so sorry. The Voice echoed again.

If it didn't want this done then it should undo it. How could the Voice not understand such simple things? She had assumed that she was an Enemy to the Enemy as well, it hadn't run when she had first met it after all, it had tried to fight back. The Enemy then had made sense, it knew she was an Enemy as well and knew that it could not flee her so it fought. But now the Enemy seemed different. It didn't understand anything, didn't understand the joys of Living. It had fled from her at that other city, tried to flee from her here.

The first time I Rioted you, it was by accident.

She remembered the first time she had felt the Enemy. It had been calling all her Kindred towards it, stoking their hatred and rage. She thought she might have even liked the Enemy if it hadn't made her so angry. She still would have had to hunt them, but they had been a good hunt, a good fight. But it had definitely been trying to get the Kindred to attack it, trying to draw them away from the rest of the city, just as it was asking her to do now. Was it trying to lie?

I-I was angry. And I Rioted everyone.

It hadn't seemed angry, it had seemed purposeful, determined. Only the second time she'd met the Enemy had it seemed Angry at something, that time it didn't even seem to intend to call her, it had seemed an accident.

Something began to dawn on her at that moment, it seemed somehow easier to think here, in this place where she had nothing else. Where she couldn't live properly without recalling the past. The Enemy she'd met that first time, she definitely believed that she'd killed it. She had destroyed them until nothing was left to return from, enough that even she wouldn't be able to come back from it. How then was the Enemy still alive? And why did they seem so different the next time she met them?

And the second time, it was blackmail. 

She felt the intention of the Voices words. When it said the second time it meant this time. But this was the third time the Enemy had called to her. Could this Enemy be different to the one she had first fought?

This was my fault, though, this control, I’m sorry. Do you even understand me? I know you can think, but...

It still wasn't making sense. It kept wishing that it didn't do a thing that it did, but then why did it do it? Was someone controlling the Enemy like it was controlling her? She wanted to tell it that she didn't understand it in the least, but she also felt that wasn't quite what it meant. It wanted to know if she could hear it.

And I don’t want to let you go now, because I know you want to kill me. But, believe me, I really don’t want to do this.

Why would her wanting to kill it stop it from letting her go? And if it didn't want to do it then why was it doing it? Did it not want to Live? Did it not wish to enjoy the thrill of a chase or the invigoration of battle? So many questions, and the Voice wasn't answering any. Why did it talk to her if it wasn't going to explain anything? It didn't give her commands, didn't tell her what to do or what to think. So why speak?

She reached back towards the voice, the same way she had reached out to her Kindred when she had been connected to them. It was harder now, harder to do unless she was told to do it. That rankled, but she never backed down before a challenge. She forced her voice back towards it until she felt it reach a presence.

Why do you say lies as though they were true? You say you want something but do a different thing. You... you are not the one who called me first? The one who stood here and fought? That one understood. You don't understand.

@I think I am here.

The Stranger had watched the unfolding events with an amused expression. The Phoenix sure made for a dynamic encounter, that was for sure. The appearance of an imitation was intriguing. The timing of the Alleystorm was even more intriguing. But what held his attention at the moment were Laurelai and Lita.

Laurelai was afraid. The Stranger could sense her fear and trepidation, her frustration at her inability to match the Denizens around her in terms of power. The Stranger knew she was safe, Voidus would raze the city before he let anything happen to her, yet she seemed so nervous.

Lita was another story.Throughout the recent events he had been registering her emotions. The awe, the fear, the excitement. But mostly, the Hunger. She took in the goings on around her and hungered for more. More knowledge, more secrets, more power. She was glaring tin at a reckless pace, he could sense it coursing through her. She held the Coin in her hand, it’s surface glowing with a ghostly light. He turned to face her.

“Tell me, Little Lita, does your Hunger still drive you?” His voice was the faintest of whispers, “Do you crave yet more?”

@ZincAboutIt

The Alleystorm affected Eiran in a different way than most. He felt the boost in his ability, but fought it back.

During his first Alleystorm he'd tapped into it. He'd seen not just the bad possibilities, as well also the good. He'd been able to go far, farther than he'd ever gone before.

But he knew he shouldn't. One person didn't have the right to know everything that would happen. One person shouldn't have that power. 

This time, more than ever before, he felt something big. He wasn't sure what, only that it was unexpected. Eiran still restrained himself from looking and investigating deeper. He didn't want to know of an unstoppable evil coming their way.

One thing slipped through his mental barrier though. He could only prevent his controlled visions, not the uncontrollable ones. An image of him, back in Newcago, checking something frantically. Instinctively he searched for a calendar, but found none. Whatever this future was, he wasn't going to know it until it happened.

It worried him though for some reason. Even though there were nearer more dangerous threats, seeing himself rattled unnerved him.

He'd have to look into it more later.

For now, he watched the Ghostbloods on the roof with him. He looked into just the poor futures. The ones he'd have been able to see even without the storm. Things had changed. The Phoenix weren't headed to Ajax. Instead it was to go to outside of the city. 

It was too bad. That would have solved some problems later on. Eiran wouldn't do anything though. He had no right. The man was already doing all he could and even that made him uneasy, despite not being the sole cause of it.

He grimaced, trying not to fall into the waves of possibilities. Distraction. That's what he needed.

"How do you think this is going to end?" he asked Tels. Eiran kept his voice soft so as to not disturb the others.

@Truthless of Shinovar

3 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

“Tell me, Little Lita, does your Hunger still drive you?” His voice was the faintest of whispers, “Do you crave yet more?”

The Alleystorm howled around her, the city screamed, and still, the Stranger's voice cut through to her mind like the subtle blade of a knife. 

It hurt, everything hurt. Sensation was pain, but she reveled in it. She turned towards him, registering the feel of the stone through the sole of her boot. It whispered its secrets to her, and the whisper tore through her body, cataloging itself in her bones. Lita met the Stranger's eyes - both of them. The spike, and the void.

If I flare high enough, she thought, might I see to the bottom of that eye?

The Coin in her hand glowed with a haunting, pale light. To her eyes, she was holding a phantom star. She shivered, the motion sending a wave of gooseflesh across her skin. Her mind bent at the edges - she could feel herself fracturing. Too much. It was too much.

And yet, it was not enough. She closed her hand around the Coin, still smiling. Her left eye twitched and stung, but she refused to blink. There was not a moment that she wished to miss now, not when there were secrets to be found. Lita could almost hear the beating heart of the world itself.

Her mouth moved around the word, a near-silent declaration amidst the howling wind. Somehow, she knew he would hear it too.

"Yes."