Public Opinions  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your enjoyment of Phase 2, Rivers of Blood (RoB)?

• Excellent! :D
    • Good. :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad. :(
    • Terrible! >:(
    • Didn't read or participate/no opinion
  2. 2. Will you participate in Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)

3. 3. Are you satisfied with the way the main plot has been run?

Whisper paused, keeping her distance once she saw the woman leaning back a little. Still cautious, that was probably for the best. If they lacked even that level of caution while travelling through the Alleys inexperienced then they wouldn't survive long enough to be useful anyway.

She nodded to the question. eyes now staying fixed on the woman's.

This would be a lot easier if more people knew Alleycant.

She understood the need for it to remain secretive from others, that was the entire point after all. But it was such an efficient means of communication for her, gestures and nods could only get one so far in conversation.

She pointed to herself purposefully and then held up two fingers, hoping the woman would catch her meaning.

Four minutes faster and around 100% less likely to result in your premature death.

Why isn't she speaking? Deteca wondered, before mentally shaking her head. None of my business. Anyway, she can do it in two minutes - well, good for her. Unless she's offering to show me the way? "Thank you?" Probably safer that way... @Voidus

Whisper nodded, beckoning with one hand as she turned around and began walking further down the Alley. She stuck close to the wall as they moved, always best to keep something solid nearby, and the shadows tended to be a little thicker around them, easier to hide in. She took a left down a nearby passageway, unsure if it had already been there or not, but it made an easier jumping off point for a new path, one that was a little safer and shorter.

Quiet voices began to start up as she turned the corner, they were indistinct, impossible to tell if they were even speaking a language at all let alone what words they may have been. But they added a soft background noise to counterpoint the soft sound of her footfalls against the stone.

@AonEne

Whisper continued to ignore the voices as they walked, she pulled out a small book and pen, though there didn't seem to be any obvious pockets which could have hidden such items in her clothes, and began writing something down on one of the pages.

The voices grew a little louder around them, some becoming more distinct. They overlapped with each other as they spilled out into the Alley, echoing off of the walls to add yet another layer of sound.

"Unwelcome."
"Get them out."
"They hide."
"They deceive."
"Secrets. They have secrets."
"Give us their secrets."

She continued to write as they entered into another Alley, almost at their destination now. Whisper glanced behind her, making sure the woman was still following, giving her a small nod of approval when she saw that they were.

@AonEne

YOU CANNOT HAVE MY PAIN SECRETS

Oh, no, that wasn't her name. It was voices whispering that she had secrets, hissing that she was hiding something. Fantastic. "I don't have any secrets," she hissed back at them. "Leave me alone."

First Edit: to say the stuff in the edited thing, like a minute after I posted

Second Edit:

@Voidus

Edited by AonEne
I ninjaed your tag, Voidus! Ahahahahaha

Whisper hesitated mid-step, her pen paused in its writing as she looked back again, tilting her head to one side and raising an eyebrow towards the Woman. Did she wish to speak with the voices?

"You have secrets"
"Your secrets"
"Others' secrets"
"We have secrets too"
"Many secrets."

Whisper didn't pay any attention to the voices, she simply hesitated and silently asked the woman if they should wait here.

"Secrets that were" The voices began again.
"That are."
"That will be."

The voices devolved into soft laughter, only a few at first but soon it seemed to be a hundred different voices all laughing quietly before they suddenly all stopped.

@AonEne

Edited by Voidus
But mine don't have timestamps, so no one will ever believe you. MWAHAHAH! :P

"Can we keep going?" Deteca muttered to her guide after all the laughing stopped. "I don't like these..." - she made several meaningless gestures with her hands - "...voices."

You don't have to tag me if you don't want to, I get notifications for the thread.

@Voidus

Edited by AonEne
I saw your edit, that's the reason for my edit :-P - fine then, but my evil laughter is better! Muahahahahaha!

Whisper nodded and began moving once again, they were almost there now anyway. She went back to writing in her book, brow furrowing a little in concentration.

"They leave." The voices began again.
"Will they return?"
"No, they die."
"All things die."
"This one dies soon."
"Many will die soon."

The voices began to chuckle once more.

The Alley shifted once more around them, the voices still whispered from the walls but grew a little fainter. Ahead the Alley continued straight, with no further twists or side passages. Whisper stopped her passage and turned around towards the woman. She ripped the page out of the book before holding it out, her other hand pointing further down the Alley. It was only a short distance before this Alley would join with the one outside of Plasmacore, but she didn't have any particular inclination to travel all the way out. A burning and likely destroyed city was not an appealing destination.

Spoiler

Page reads:

Need spikes to travel safely. Be careful next time. Call if you need help.

-Wis

16 hours ago, kenod said:

Kumiko watched the Phoenix try to get above her, while a second phoenix hovered in the distance, this one pitch-black. She started to struggle to keep up the humming, her body hurting from the strain of keeping up the wind, the heat burning at her skin. As the Phoenix dropped down at her she switched to the second form she had prepared. Her previous form dissappeared, and nine white fox tails appeared instead. Her hair turned white as well, and her ears turned into those of a fox. Her clothing changed too, forming something resembling a shrine maiden's outfit, and the amulet on her necklace changed into a small, jewel-like ball. Kitsune, she thought.

This feels like an anime. I love it.

UPDATE: Alleystorm in city!

Dark Phoenix howled, a sound different from a birds screech, or even the screech of the Phoenix. It was eerie, laced with the sounds of scratching and human screaming. It also seemed... reversed somehow. Like it started at the end, and went back to the beginning. Her purple eyes swirled, and a blast of dark fire flew around her. Dark Phoenix howled again, and flew towards the building, and blasted it with her darkfire. At the same time, she sent out a cognitive link to each of the people in the building. It invaded their mind, made them hear words in their head, overpoweringly loud. KILL THE ENEMIES. It was also accompanied by an image of Max as he had been in Oasis, armored, and a image of the PlasmaCore building.

She howled again, and dove at the building.

Then the Alleystorm hit.

It washed over the city, and Dark Phoenix swelled to twice her previous size. She stopped in the air, screeching, as her claws grew longer, and her wings, and the fire she spouted. Her ability to send links increased, along with her speed and strength. Her howl came again, three or four times as loud. She did a spin in the air, going higher, higher, higher. Into the clouds above her, through lightning, rain, flashes of something else, strange spren.

And as she passed the clouds, into the sky, she turned, and blasted down toward the building in a dive, an eerie green fire trailing from her mouth.

The Alleystorm was here, and Dark Phoenix was powerful.

I MADE A FRIEND :wub: or at least someone who doesn't want me to die :wub:

Deteca accepted and read the paper, then looked up at the Denizen - Wis. "Thanks," she said quietly. "I hope I'll never be pierced by a spike, but then I also hope I never have to do this again, so, well. Anyway. Thanks." Warily turning to the too-innocent-looking pathway before her, Deteca glanced back at Wis once, then started walking forward, ignoring the voices.

She exited the alleys and found herself in the more natural alleys of the city she knew, though maybe natural wasn't as good a qualifier as it generally was. The Alleystorm had begun shortly before she'd arrived, and one of the Phoenixes - the one she didn't remember anyone mentioning from before - was plummeting down on the PlasmaCore building. Deteca jumped backward, eyes showing their whites as she ran a few paces down the alley.

This is the one the DA group is in, right?

Yep, it's closest to the building so figured it would make sense.

Whisper silently watched the woman vanish down the Alley, transported towards her final destination. The voices continued to whisper for a few more seconds before she finally dismissed the Lightweaving that had maintained them. The crease in her brow faded as she no longer needed to maintain the concentration required.

Sounds had always been more difficult than images to her, especially if it had to come from somewhere else. Anything loud was particularly hard, so she usually stuck to quiet voices. Thankfully as a result of the experiments from her childhood she did have quite a capacity for complexity in her Lightweaving, more than most could maintain. But it was still taxing, especially after she'd been doing it so frequently today.

She hoped that woman survived, she hated for preparations to go to waste.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Voidus watched the collapse of the building, waiting in case something unintended came out, but so far it seemed to be safe. The Phoenix had already crushed most of it to rubble, and now what looked to be another was following suit, burning what remained.

The presence of that second one was somewhat concerning, but it could be dealt with later if it didn't take care of itself. For now it seemed to be acting in accordance with their plans anyway so he saw no need to interfere. Perhaps they could capture it afterwards, it may prove to be interesting for study.

He twisted suddenly as he felt the Alley they stood in shift once more, it was likely just some of Macs department heading out to evacuate people. But given that one abomination was already loose in the city, it seemed appropriate to be cautious of any others that might be around. But what came out from the Alley was neither a Denizen nor an abomination. Instead he saw the same woman from TUBA that he'd met twice already today.

"An interesting arrival." He commented drily as they stepped into the Alley. "Though it seemed you trespassed in order to travel here."

That she had survived Alleytravelling without assistance at all was somewhat impressive, but she didn't even seem to be wounded. There was an interesting story to be had there, though given her glances towards the sky he doubted they would get to hear it anytime soon. Likely she would wish for them to intervene, or possibly intended to blame them for it all. Either way it seemed another headache was brewing.

@ZincAboutIt @AonEne

Zokora nodded.

"Anything is better than having them stand around in the open."

She heard the thunder, felt the wind pick up. The storm was finally here. Smiling she turned to Baker Pi.

"I am really grateful for your help."

Looking at her pad she pulled up the latest reports and tilted it for him to see. They had almost finished the evacuation. Working together was faster, than having to double check everything.

@AonEne

============================

Althea felt a raindrop hit her cheek, then a second one. the wind picked up and she saw the storm cover the sky completely, felt the wind grab her cloths. She smiled inwardly in anticipation, she had waited for this storm for weeks.

She loved the storms, their strength, their power. How they were so untamed and so predictable at the same time. Then rain started to fall in earnest, the drops almost painful on her tender skin, soaking her hair, making her cloths cling to her body. She tilted her head back, allowed herself a small smile while she felt the rain wash of the grime and the blood. she knew they had to go, now was the moment Max had been talking about, but for a heartbeat she stood there, not breathing, not doing anything but feel the storm, relish in its grip. Then, she inhaled. Her body errupted in light and she almost laughed in joy at the storm inside of her, then stored the investiture in the bracelet. Another inhale, more storing. She had run out of spheres, had lost them somewhere between the explosion and the poison, but Devaan had been right. The bracelets were easier, lighter and they were hers. And she most likely would need all investiture she could get.

Althea was careful to school her face to a neutral expression, to keep her joy, her happiness buried, because she doubted they would understand, because it was something private, something she would share with Max and maybe Tena. But not with the strangers.

"For the storm."

She replied to Tels and then reached out for them. It was so easy to elsecall with the storm here, nothing more than a thought, a small push with her mind and then they were standing in front of the old factory. She could see signs of activity here, of a lot of activity. Bending down she picked up some rocks and soulcast them into zincflakes, then stored them into a bag. Wordlessly she handed them to Max, together with a bottle of water, who knew if he would need them, and she wished she could soulcast more, could use the strom raging through her veins, storming through her body.

@I think I am here.

@Truthless of Shinovar

@Silva

=====================

Do you have an idea how the storm could affect Mike and his spikes?

@kenod

Edited by Sorana

Lita was about to answer Laurelai, remark on her Forgery, when she heard a new heartbeat echo from behind her. She spun on her heel just as Voidus spoke, quickly recognizing her as one of the TUBA leaders. Deteca - that was her name. Lita recalled it from that jumpy fellow, the one who could predict the future.

Her hand was halfway into her coat pocket before she had time to think, fingers brushing along the length of the spike there before selecting her pen instead. No need to defend herself with Voidus, Mac and the Stranger all here. She twirled it even as Voidus confirmed her suspicion.

She can Alleytravel, Lita sent to Laurelai, mind working through the implications. She should be dead - either that or she'd somehow learned more secrets than she'd let on. Another spy, perhaps? 

Lita pushed her tin further towards a flare, assessing the woman quickly. Dilated pupils, elevated heart rate, slightly hurried breathing. Deteca was afraid, but handling it well. Used to stress then - so possibly a covert agent. Or a soldier. Or perhaps it was her leadership experience that gave her that 'calm in the storm' look? Speaking of storms, the Alleystorm had arrived in full now, wind picking up and carrying rain, ash, and smoke in its wake. Lita could feel the power within the storm stoking her Allomancy, making it sharper, more refined. She flicked green eyes between the three DA leaders and Deteca, careful to keep her face impassive.

No one's killed her yet - that means the truce is still in effect? Or perhaps they wish to know how she learned to Alleytravel - that was certainly a secret worth holding out for. One block over, someone screamed wetly as a roof collapsed over their heads, support beams weakened by fire and wind. Lita winced slightly, cataloging the information and then filtering it out. She turned her gaze back to Deteca, smiling ever-so slightly, the green of her irises a bare ring around the deep well of her pupils, black and hungry. Secrets. This woman had some good ones, she could tell. Lita's left thumb passed over the face of the Coin, which was still showing the scales. 

She wondered what was about to happen, more afraid than she'd liked to admit, and more excited than was anywhere close to decent.

What a relief, then, that no one expected decency from Lita any longer.

@Voidus

36 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Zokora nodded.

"Anything is better than having them stand around in the open."

She heard the thunder, felt the wind pick up. The storm was finally here. Smiling she turned to Baker Pi.

"I am really grateful for your help."

Looking at her pad she pulled up the latest reports and tilted it for him to see. They had almost finished the evacuation. Working together was faster, than having to double check everything.

@AonEne

============================

Althea felt a raindrop hit her cheek, then a second one. the wind picked up and she saw the storm cover the sky completely, felt the wind grab her cloths. She smiled inwardly in anticipation, she had waited for this storm for weeks.

She loved the storms, their strength, their power. How they were so untamed and so predictable at the same time. Then rain started to fall in earnest, the drops almost painful on her tender skin, soaking her hair, making her cloths cling to her body. She tilted her head back, allowed herself a small smile while she felt the rain wash of the grime and the blood. she knew they had to go, now was the moment Max had been talking about, but for a heartbeat she stood there, not breathing, not doing anything but feel the storm, relish in its grip. Then, she inhaled. Her body errupted in light and she almost laughed in joy at the storm inside of her, then stored the investiture in the bracelet. Another inhale, more storing. She had run out of spheres, had lost them somewhere between the explosion and the poison, but Devaan had been right. The bracelets were easier, lighter and they were hers. And she most likely would need all investiture she could get.

Althea was careful to school her face to a neutral expression, to keep her joy, her happiness buried, because she doubted they would understand, because it was something private, something she would share with Max and maybe Tena. But not with the strangers.

"For the storm."

She replied to Tels and then reached out for them. It was so easy to elsecall with the storm here, nothing more than a thought, a small push with her mind and then they were standing in front of the old factory. She could see signs of activity here, of a lot of activity. Bending down she picked up some rocks and soulcast them into zincflakes, then stored them into a bag. Wordlessly she handed them to Max, together with a bottle of water, who knew if he would need them, and she wished she could soulcast more, could use the strom raging through her veins, storming through her body.

@I think I am here.

@Truthless of Shinovar

@Silva

=====================

@kenod

It would probably make the transformations more complete, or more expansive? It might also make them easier to control, or the other way around, depending on what you prefer. It might give him a healing ability, by shapeshifting away his injuries.

54 minutes ago, kenod said:

It would probably make the transformations more complete, or more expansive? It might also make them easier to control, or the other way around, depending on what you prefer. It might give him a healing ability, by shapeshifting away his injuries.

So far he still isn't in control what happens, but I assigned genders and personalities to the animals, and have them take over once he changes. So I think the transformation part is the most likely one. Thanks a lot!

Mike grinned at Seom and gestured towards the Phoenix fighting in the sky. She was glorious, beautiful, she owned the sky. A storm was coming, no not a storm, the storm, and usually he tried to spend it somewhere else, far away from anybody, but now, as he had already lost all control over his body, he didn’t really care. He was sitting in that black orb, in that prison of his, with squid wrapped around his arm, moving softly in comfort.

Wolf growled next to him, and Mike looked down at the animal baring his teeth. For a moment nothing happened, then wolf vanished. Mike stared at the place where he had been and then up. This had to be a joke. Wolf was gone? Just like that he was gone, had escaped? And as usual, he had left him behind.

Wolf licked Seom’s hand and sat down on the street next to her. He wagged his tail a bit, unhappy about the pouring rain. But he liked Seom, and little Wes was also here. He liked having them all around. They were his pack.

@Ark's Boyfriend

@I think I am here.

Kumiko looked up and saw the Alleystorm arrive. It's power washed over her, wiping away most of the strain on her body. She smiled. Finally, she could go all out. She rose up into the sky, hovering a feet above the ground, golden light shining around her. Then, she launched herself at the Phoenix, shockwave shattering the street around her.

The AlleyStorm hit.

Max stepped back as suddenly rain and thunder sounded around him, the force of the Investiture enhancing him, his magic in one overwhelming blast. Goldminds wouldn’t hurt, he said to Althea but couldn’t say more as the metalminds around his upper arms began to pulse and warm up.

“I’m going to start now!” He shouted over the force of the storm, looking to Althea. She seemed impassive, but he knew she liked the storm. Max wasn’t such a big fan, though it’s duralumin-like boost on his already enhanced Rioting made up for that in spades. He closed his eyes, dismissing Sethramir and putting a hand on Althea’s shoulder for balance.

The nicrosilminds he wore begged to be used, calling for him to tap them and use their golden power. Max did exactly that, and now, he knew exactly where the two Phoenixes were, and that meant he knew exactly where to target. No more inefficient general Riotings.

With a force far greater than he’d ever done before Max shot out his Riot, his targeted beam of Allomancy. Two targets. Two Phoenixes. He knew the red and orange one well enough. He knew the DA had created it and it had a knack for Rioting. He had no idea about the other Phoenix, but he had to try.

With the storm surrounding him Max Rioted emotions of disinterest in both of the Phoenixes. He Rioted their boredom of the city and it’s inhabitants, that they could have a better hunt elsewhere. He tried to do this to both the Phoenixes. Because yes, while it would be helpful to use one of them against Ajax there was a very narrow window of time where the AlleyStorm occurred and it was safer to get both of them to leave than to risk one getting loose by pitting it against Ajax and the AlleyStorm leaving. First things first, and that meant making sure he had a steady Riot on both of them before trying anything too complex.

@Ax's Boyfriend

@Voidus

@Sorana

@Truthless of Shinovar

@Silva

—-—

The AlleyStorm hit.

And as Alask and Shez smashed their collective consciousness into Alask’s body, the storm enhanced the act and suddenly the invader was kicked out Alask was back in his body the sudden miracle of his sense of touch returning to him as he instantly felt the rain on his shirt, the wind tossing his hair around and the cold weather of the AlleyStorm contrasting with the emanating heat from two monsters in the sky.

Shez was in Alask’s body too. And the two minds that had worked together now inhabited the same body. Alask stood up from where he’d fallen (the sudden re-control of his body had been unexpected enough for him to fall), and looked ahead, expecting the rain to drip off of him and exhaustion to take him over. But nothing happened, and Alask looked down at himself, arms in front of him and his jaw opened in terror.

He was a Shade. The smoky black translucence his body took when Shez took it over, the black fog that shifted and turned as it was confined to his body, the red eyes that burst aflame and tinted his vision in a rose hue, the black tendrils that came off of him, they were here now. And Alask was controlling it. And slowly, he began to understand. They were in sync. Shez’s consciousness, and Alask’s. Matched up like two frequencies overlaid on each other.

From the corner’s of his mind Shez/Alask could feel a deep hate, however. They looked almost inhumanly fast to the side — the enhanced physique had carried over as well, it seemed — and a fury in them roared at the monsters that kindled fire, the men and women who ran at this hour of night, the soldiers that shed blood. But, Shez/Alask could understand there were bigger issues. Issues of the city, of the Forge. They had the smarts of Alask, the fury of Shez, and the power of the AlleyStorm

They were one.

—-—

The AlleyStorm hit.

Wes felt his bendalloy minds pulse and he looked to them temptingly. All the food, stored in the metalminds... with the AlleyStorm power surge it was practically a whole restaurant at his finger tips, a whole buffet of food to choose from! He was temporarily distracted by Mike, who turned into a wolf. If only Wes could make those metalminds anyone could use. He had a feeling all the animals Mike turned into would like all the food Wes had right now.

—-—

The AlleyStorm hit.

Lusk was in Shadesmar when it happened, the ‘oohs’ and ‘ahs’ of soldiers around him heralding its arrival. None of the wind could be felt in the Cognitive Realm, none of the rain or lightning either. In Shadesmar, the AlleyStorm manifested itself much as a Highstorm did, as a rapidly changing figure of colours, like nature’s very own fireworks.

The power boost could still be felt, and Lusk’s metalminds called to him, but Lusk refused to tap them, refused to give in. Because every AlleyStorm, Lusk had the Dilemma.

The Dilemma was an interesting thing. Every time the AlleyStorm struck, Lusk was left with a choice. When the power surge hit, there would be a small time period where Lusk would have more age to tap, as his Feruchemy would be enhanced. That meant a possible compounding-type effect every time the AlleyStorm hit. Lusk could stay pretty much immortal if he kept using the power boost from each AlleyStorm to get permanently younger. So why didn’t he?

Because it wouldn’t make a difference, Lusk answered. A failure is a failure. Adding more years to it doesn’t change it, it just means it’s a failure for longer.

4 years. 4 years until his 50th birthday. And Lusk had a very, very special birthday gift for himself. Why would he want to delay it by getting younger, by running away from the ultimate solution to his problems? So while the soldiers whooped and used their enhanced powers, Lusk stayed neutral, a scowl on his face, waiting for the storm to pass and the temptation to cease.

6 hours ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

This feels like an anime. I love it.

Thanks, that was the intended image. :D

It's also appropriate, given that she's based around a specific character from one. I really like that I finally have the opportunity to really cut loose with her.

Edited by kenod

Althea gently closed her fingers around Max, when she felt him use her shoulder to stabilize himself and gently wrapped her thoughts around him. If this went wrong, she would protect him, she would protect all of them. Carefully she added Eiran and Tels to her awareness. It didn’t matter what they thought of her, of her guild. She wouldn’ let the Phoenix kill them. Not if there was another way. And as an Elsecaller, there was another way. The Phoenix. If this went wrong, she could get them out of its way and then she could try to dispose of the bird her way. It had left the spiritual realm before, but if she managed to move it away, far enough, that it lost interest. It was worth a try. A backup.

She inhaled again, stored more Investiture in her bracelet and then looked over the city, enjoyed the storm around them. She liked the storm, wished she was alone, wished she was somewhere where it didn’t matter, if she tilted her head back and laughed, if she elsecalled herself high up into its grip, let herself fall down and down only to elsecall up again. But she was needed here. Max needed her. The guild needed her. The city needed her. She had to do something about the situation, anything that might help. And so she only enjoyed the rain on her skin and the wind tearing on her soaked cloths. The storm was powerful, free and somewhere inside she laughed in joy turned around her axis and danced with the wind, gave in to the storm running through her veins, to the stormlight urging her to run, to use it. Outwardly, she calmly exhaled, her face a neutral, concentrated mask.

======================

Lena cursed when the storm hit and packed her poisons away. Stupid storm, she had hoped to finish this, but as her bait was gone, she would have to think about another possibility to try it out. Well, not as long as that storm was here.

She got to her feet and look at Alask. He had changed, the storm had changed him. This storm. It was like a thing of a fairy-tale come alive. In the streets people had spoken about it reverently, had discussed hiding, while those with magic would be strong, but the idea behind that plan eluded her. If someone wanted to kill you, they would do it. It was only a strom after all. Her eyes met the soldiers standing around them, and she looked to Alask, asked him with a gesture if he had a plan. If he hadn’t she could always poison them all.

@I think I am here.

EDIT: Yes, I know the Storm is going on. She's used to the feeling. 

Seom paused, confused. "Um... Mike, we need to get inside somewhere. The big flying fire bird will destroy PlasmaCore all on its own." She reached for his hand, and grabbed it. @Sorana

Edited by Ark's Boyfriend

17 minutes ago, Ark's Boyfriend said:

Seom paused, confused. "Um... Mike, we need to get inside somewhere. The big flying fire bird will destroy PlasmaCore all on its own." She reached for his hand, and grabbed it. @Sorana

Wolf blinked at her and then took a step towards one of the buildings, waited for Seom and Wes to follow.

After exiting the PlasmaCore building, Freedom had snuck off away from Wes, Mike, and Seom. There was no reason for her to stay with them and she knew Pry would be frantic. 

She slipped down the nearest tunnel entrance she knew of--having a former TUBAist related to you had its perks--and tried to find her way back to her sister. The tunnels were vast though and Freedom determined it better to just stay still for a bit.

Then the Alleystorm hit. Below ground, the physical effects were less prominent, but the Investiture...Lusk hadn't been exaggerating. It was overwhelming to the point she stopped storing to try and decrease the feeling. Not that that did much. So instead, she stayed seated on the ground, waiting it out.

People walked passed her, probably assuming she was just another terrified citizen worrying about afterwards. She was worried, just not for the reasons they might have assumed. 

Freedom just hoped that her previous luck wouldn't carry and that the tunnels wouldn't end up in flames too.

Aln gasped as the Alleystorm hit. The spheres in her coat blazed to life, and power swelled within her. The urge to use her enhanced Investiture was almost overpowering, but instead she held her breath, trying to contain it. I don't know how long this will last, she reminded herself, and there will be those that need healing.