Public Opinions  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your enjoyment of Phase 2, Rivers of Blood (RoB)?

• Excellent! :D
    • Good. :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad. :(
    • Terrible! >:(
    • Didn't read or participate/no opinion
  2. 2. Will you participate in Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)

3. 3. Are you satisfied with the way the main plot has been run?

KanMien looked at Mac and Lusk. "We'll also need to set up secure communication channels between our guilds," they said. "Currently if we need to talk to each other we need to seek each other out in person, which is time consuming and not reliable."

The Stranger spoke up, "There is an easy way to evacuate."

He reached into his coat and pulled out a copper colored spike which he placed on the table. It was an inch long and about the same thickness as a sewing needle.

"This is a little something I developed a while back to allow the transport of non denizens through Alleys with minimal interference. It limits cognitive and spiritual interactivity, allowing the recipient to move unaffected by the lingering madness, as well as keep a low profile from potential predators. In addition it should also make it harder for the spren terrorizing the city to target them. This will allow us to open more hastily organized Alleys without the increased risk of personal safety. I can have  R&D members at each entrance to administer the spikes as well as protect against attacks."

He looked around the room with a grin.

"This is the fastest and safest way for a mass evacuation. I can have teams ready in an instant. But of course, I wouldn't want to force this without your consent. Your opinions are respected*."

The listeners wondered how it was possible for them to hear an asterisk, without any sound to indicate it's existence. 

Edited by Fatebreaker

13 hours ago, kenod said:

KanMien looked at Mac and Lusk. "We'll also need to set up secure communication channels between our guilds," they said. "Currently if we need to talk to each other we need to seek each other out in person, which is time consuming and not reliable."

Deteca shrugged. "Do you have phones?"

3 hours ago, Fatebreaker said:

"This is a little something I developed a while back to allow the transport of non denizens through Alleys with minimal interference. It limits cognitive and spiritual interactivity, allowing the recipient to move unaffected by the lingering madness, as well as keep a low profile from potential predators. In addition it should also make it harder for the spren terrorizing the city to target them. This will allow us to open more hastily organized Alleys without the increased risk of personal safety. I can have R&D members at each entrance to administer the spikes as well as protect against attacks." He looked around the room with a grin. "This is the fastest and safest way for a mass evacuation. I can have teams ready in an instant. But of course, I would want to force this without your consent. Your opinions are respected*."

I think you meant this to be wouldn't, but I could believe that the Stranger said it that way and just didn't care :P

She nodded shortly. "I believe I speak for all of TUBA when I say safety and protection are our greatest desires. If it takes spikes to achieve those, then Hemalurgy is what we'll use." Her eyes dipped toward Tena and Eiran before going on. "Though I will admit that I hope this is the only time we have to, and it is up to each person's individual opinion."

Voidus shifted a little as he scanned the room, retaining his straight posture but his arm muscles continued to tense and then relax. He kept himself from inadvertently Voidmaking anything else this time, but he could feel the irritation at having to do so welling up. It would be so much faster to just be rid of the lot of them and solve this their own way. They'd obligingly gathered in a single room, it couldn't have been easier. But then that might have some negative repercussions, she might be opposed to wholesale slaughter as a means of problem solving.

His eyes continued to move but they were distant now as he lost himself in thought, trying to plan the best way forwards.

Evacuating them through the Alleys would be fastest but we'd need to devote some resources to ensuring they don't wander. Freely opening the Alleys would be problematic if someone else tried to slip in as well. Could slip in some loyalty spikes along with the Strangers spikes.

And then there's the communication issues that were also mentioned, it has been an issue in terms of effective collaboration but then that may not be a bad thing. Plausible deniability could be maintained if communication were slowed. And it should serve as an easy and safe mission.

He shook himself a little, breaking his train of thought so he could focus on the room again. He'd need to keep an eye out for whatever was causing her anxieties still.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laurelai kept her eyes turned downwards for a few more seconds before cautiously lifting them as the conversation continued. She listened to each of the speakers and began making some mental notes for their topics, eyes briefly glazing over as she thought them over.

Evacuations are resource and time intensive, and spiking everyone in the city even more so, though given who's offering to do so I suppose it's possible he could just wave his hand and do it.

Her eyes drifted to the Stranger, focusing on his figure before she averted her eyes again. No point tempting fate.

But even assuming it's reasonable to evacuate shouldn't we leave that to the other guilds? Let them do the work given that that's their priority, then we'd have reign to handle matters that are more up our alley so to speak. Investigation of a strange vortex of Investiture certainly sounds like something the denizens from R&D would excel at. But we do need to fix communication lines, if we don't know how to contact the other guilds then it'll be harder to know what they're doing and how much they know.

Her mind circled for a while, thinking over other possibilities but she kept them to herself for now. Best to know what everyone else thought would be the best course of action first, you could learn a lot about a person by how they prioritised things.

She shook her head, breaking the train of thought so she could listen to the conversation again. It definitely wouldn't do to be to wrapped up in her own thoughts to notice what they were discussing.

She cast another wary glance towards the leaders of the DA where they sat before shifting her gaze towards the other guilds.

Eiran disliked the way he'd been eyed after revealing to them what he could do. It wouldn't matter much in the long run. After this, he planned on holing back up in one of the many TUBA basements with loads and loads and loads of paperwork and not surfacing for as long as possible. 

If any TUBA buildings still existed after this was over...

Stop being such a pessimist. he told himself. Everything's going to be fine.

A DA leader offered the use of spikes to help with the evacuation. This he left to Deteca as it would to an extent define to the others what TUBA was--whether the guild was simply an anti-DA in every way or something more.

"I believe I speak for all of TUBA when I say safety and protection are our greatest desires. If it takes spikes to achieve those, then Hemalurgy is what we'll use." She said. Deteca glanced at him and Tena for a moment before continuing. Eiran gave her a nod of his approval, despite the fact it had very little value. "Though I will admit that I hope this is the only time we have to, and it is up to each person's individual opinion."

There was just one thing left to address. 

"What's the disclaimer, as most likely there is one?" he asked.

The scientist tried to move out of their grip, slowly, the gesture expressing nothing but fear. There was no real desire to flee, but all these people standing around him, asking questions, hissing at him.

“It needs Investiture.”

He replied hastily, tried to tell them whatever they wanted to hear, he only wanted to leave.

“It sucks it up, uses it to contain itself and to create the monsters. You can feel it, when you walk close, it will drain spheres, weaken alomancy. We only tried a few things out, because then it started to grow and we were ordered away from it.”

Shivering he tried to move away from the Vortex again.

“I don’t know how to stop it, how to turn it off. Just let me go.”

@xinoehp512 @Sorana @I think I am here. @Vargo Seldon @Darth Woodrack @Silva

18 hours ago, Silva said:

Eiran disliked the way he'd been eyed after revealing to them what he could do. It wouldn't matter much in the long run. After this, he planned on holing back up in one of the many TUBA basements with loads and loads and loads of paperwork and not surfacing for as long as possible. 

If any TUBA buildings still existed after this was over...

Stop being such a pessimist. he told himself. Everything's going to be fine.

A DA leader offered the use of spikes to help with the evacuation. This he left to Deteca as it would to an extent define to the others what TUBA was--whether the guild was simply an anti-DA in every way or something more.

"I believe I speak for all of TUBA when I say safety and protection are our greatest desires. If it takes spikes to achieve those, then Hemalurgy is what we'll use." She said. Deteca glanced at him and Tena for a moment before continuing. Eiran gave her a nod of his approval, despite the fact it had very little value. "Though I will admit that I hope this is the only time we have to, and it is up to each person's individual opinion."

There was just one thing left to address. 

"What's the disclaimer, as most likely there is one?" he asked.

The Stranger grinned. He snapped his fingers and small tablet appeared on the table. Lines of text scrolled rapidly across the screen, making it difficult to read.

Spoiler

Disclaimer: Disclaimers follow. (Neither the seller not the manufacturer will be liable for any brain damage arising from the use of this product. Void where prohibited except where not prohibited. Above terms subject to change without notice. Action figures sold separately. Actual price set by retailers. All research statistics are blatantly flagrant. All rights reserved. All sales final. Any other application constitutes fraud. At participating locations only. Alternate toy available for children under 3. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitations may not apply to you. By continuing to use this system you indicate your awareness of and consent to these terms and conditions of use. Caveat emptor. Do not look at laser beam with remaining eye. Your results may vary. Non Dark Alley organizations with resources considered by themselves and a jury of their peers to be deserving of the the conferred prefeunctory designation of great, have assumed responsibility for the ensuing hemalurgic activities. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, political turmoil, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of a Shard, neglect, damage from improper or unauthorized repair, incorrect line voltage, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this joke list, and incidents owing to airplane crash, ship sinking, motor vehicle accidents, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, sticks and stones, et al.). User assumes full liabilities. Some humor and satire included. Price and participation may vary. By accepting spikes, the receiving party agrees to what may or may not entail the possible requirement of scientific undertakings in what may or may not be a position that could be theoretically described as a role that could or could not be inferred to be similar to that of an individual who has agreed to partake in various activities for the possible furtherance of what has been referenced as the scientific knowledge. Not to be used for the other use. Words crossed out are to be disregarded unless they resemble spikes piercing words, in which case you should probably see your local spike cookie vendor. May be addictive. Must be 18 months or older to order. Prices subject to change without notice. No refunds available. Evacuations sanctioned by a joined council of non-alley associated groups. There is a slight chance (between 12-87%) of Ruinous corruption; this may or may not cause the following side effects (including, but not limited to): delusions of grandeur, hallucinations, compulsive and destructive behavior, pain, headaches, voices in your head, pneumonia, heart attack, stroke, severe internal bleeding, and death. These side effects are not permanent and are perfectly normal. Please see your cookie vendor to see if Hemalurgy is right for you. No kandra were harmed in the making of this product. Some disclaimers may not apply to all participating victims participants. All constitutional rights are waived by use of this product. Irreparable damage may occur. Vendor is not liable for damaged packaging, bodies, or souls. Only fifty percent or less of the population's approval required for the engagement of the general populace. There is always another secret. Surgeon's Warning: Spiking causes severe Investiture warping. Fragile. This side up. If normality persists for a period of time exceeding 30 days, consult with a Dark Alley representative near you. This may be a sign of chronic dementia. This side down. The information contained in this disclaimer is intended by the Dark Alley for the use of consumers only and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure by inapplicable laws. Contents of this disclaimer are under pressure. This disclaimer may be in part, whole, or wholesale plagiarized. Shake well before using. Batteries not included. Each set sold separately. Avoid prolonged exposure to this disclaimer. Do not read this disclaimer while driving a vehicle or operating heavy equipment. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is coincidental and intended by the author. Reading this disclaimer does not provide grounds for a legal dispute. Parental guidance suggested. Professional driver on a closed course. Do not attempt at home. See the owner's manual for more information.

This supersedes any previous disclaimer: The above disclaimers may be inaccurate and cookies will be provided in case of Shardic intervention.)

The Stranger made a sweeping gesture and grinned. "Here are the terms. You are welcome to bring up negotiations and concerns, but are lawyers are quite thorough and the more time you waste the more innocent people die."

He nodded towards the representatives of the other guilds with something akin to mock formality.

"At each escape route I can have Steelrunners for administration, Smoker guides for increased stealth, and some general security to deal with outside interference. We can do this with unparalleled speed and efficiency, and perhaps we can even have med teams rescuing the salvageable parties. Mac is the best connected and informed person in this city, and could organize and coordinate an extremely intricate mass evacuation in his sleep. He'll probably run it and come with us to investigate the vortex, he's that good. R&D can handle the vortex, under our supervision. And I won't even bring any abominations, just little old me."

His gaze bored into the occupants of the room. "Time is short, for them at least." He gesturd towards the city beyond the walls of the room. "Let's get this underway, shall we?"

Edited by Fatebreaker

Lita's attention snapped back to the Stranger when he mentioned investigating the Vortex.

So that's where they're headed. It made sense, when she thought about it. There seemed no one better to go and solve this problem. 

Well, that's sorted then, she thought, stopping her hand from straying back to the plate of cookies. Still, what were the three DA leaders doing here in the first place? Lita hadn't expected this many people to turn up here, it was just supposed to be a short meeting with TUBA to encourage them to speed up the evacuation. It seemed oddly serendipitous that everyone ended up here, though for all Lita knew they could predict the future. They were basically deities, after all. 

"Time is short, for them at least. Let's get this underway, shall we?" The Stranger gestured towards the city, though his tone was far from concerned. Indeed, he seemed eager, excited to move on from this place and into the new, the unknown. There were things to do, research to be gathered. Secrets to unravel.

The practical portion of Lita's mind was relieved that this business would all be over with soon, and she, KanMien, and Laurelai would be safely tucked back into an Alley somewhere. Out of danger. Out of the way. She pressed her lips together, silencing what would have been a sigh of irritation. 

What is the matter with you? Do you want to get killed out there? Of course she didn't. The safest place for her was out of this city, likely observing the evacuation, seeing if there was any information to be gleaned from all the citizens flooding the Alleys. And yet...

Is that what you want? To be safe? She shot a sidelong look at the three leaders. So much power there. So much knowledge. How much more would they learn within PlasmaCore, that bastion that had bested her efforts once already. Lita turned the Coin over and over in her hand, tin letting her feel every edge, every raised shape. The world on one side, the spiked skull on the other.

What are you hungry for, Lita?

She closed her fist around the Coin and tried to concentrate on the immediate. Lita was used to a hierarchy; she knew her place. The Tineye, always watching, catching what others missed. The knife that no one thought to look for, until it was pressed between their shoulder blades. The time for shadow-work had passed - PlasmaCore was no place for a spy, not anymore. She flicked a glance toward the Stranger, careful not to stare. His black eye was a well of infinite depth; perhaps that was where he kept all the secrets he'd learned. So much space carved out to make room for all that knowledge. Her gaze moved towards Mac, then back to the meeting. Yes, she knew her place. 

Lita would go where she was told, but she wanted to go with them.

Lusk remained standing, his hands clasped behind his back. The Stranger’s words were shady, Lusk could practically hear the asterisk. And yet, they were most suited to getting things done, especially things that Lusk needed done, which is why they hadn’t happened to meet in this old restaurant.

“Each person will need to give verbal consent if they want the spike. Some people may not want to have the spike even if it means dying, and so no spikings will happen without consent from the spiked party. Other than that, the Ghostbloods agree to this use of Hemalurgy.” Still, as Lusk’s eyes moved over the spike, he grimaced. The DA had won, got their way as they always did. Even when they had to band together the DA had found a way to spike the masses.

“Now, let’s go to finding this Ajax,” Lusk said. He looked to the future-seer. “Maybe you’d have a hint?”

@Silva

Edited by I think I am here.

"There's one thing I'd like to add before you send out these teams," Deteca chimed in. "Not only must everyone give verbal consent, but you cannot spike them in ways other than the spikes to ensure their safety in the alleys, and you cannot do it with the intent or Intent to harm them. Try to use bindpoints that people can recover from when they remove these spikes."

Voidus maintained a professional demeanour as he looked towards Detecca, he barely managed to suppress the intense sigh and adjoining eyeroll that felt imminent at the conditions she'd attached.

"Yes. fine." He said, a touch of irritation coming through at the delays. "If we simply wished to harm random citizens then we would have long since done so by now."

That second condition was particularly infuriating, in its implication. The DA never did anything with the intent to harm people, well rarely anyway. They worked to improve things, not destroy them. Destruction was easy, simple. Incremental improvement was where the true challenges lay.

"Now is that all? Or did you wish to also stipulate that we must perform a near instantaneous evacuation of the entire city while blindfolded and shackled as well?"

That actually wouldn't be too difficult in truth, many denizens from R&D had additional appendages and senses that would allow them to complete such a task with relative ease, but the point would hopefully carry across.

:lol:

I bet you could, Deteca thought, but shook her head at his sarcasm. Didn't know Voidus was the type to be sarcastic... "It never hurts to make sure, especially with the DA."

Lita had gone back to observing the room, noting that Laurelai was beginning to calm down a bit, her heartbeat easing in her chest, her breathing coming more even. Lita chanced a look at Voidus, sensing some kind of leashed energy there, and did her best not to shudder. She closed her eyes, replaying her observations to herself, trying to understand. 

Laurelai had been convinced that he was angry with her, but the oddest part was that Voidus didn’t seem quite angry. Lita had seen enough rage, and the physical reaction was different. The racing of the heart, the slight dilation of the pupils, the tendency to look - then look away. If she didn’t know better, Lita would have called it attraction.

But that was nonsense, right? Lita opened her eyes, watching Laurelai again in time to catch her raise one thin, blonde brow at the TUBA contingent. The motion struck Lita as oddly familiar, though she couldn’t quite place it. 

She is quite pretty, Lita conceded. Voidus could do far worse. He didn’t really seem the type but then, what did she know? Bit vain of him, really, Lita thought with a tiny smirk. They looked remarkably similar. Same yellow hair, same pale skin, same...

Lita blinked once, then looked back to Voidus. Same eyebrow raise. The edges of a suspicion began to push themselves into her brain, and she struggled to keep her face blank. Behind her eyes, Lita’s mind whirred.

”Did you work in one of my labs?” Voidus had asked Laurelai, back in Alley 0. Lita grabbed another cookie off the plate and took a small bite to occupy her hands, which would have otherwise started shaking with excitement.

Stay safe. Concern. Not for them all. Just for one. Lita chewed thoughtfully, sugar and satisfaction mixing in the sweetest way within her. It was still just a guess, just an outline. Lita took another bite of her cookie and allowed herself a grin.

A delicious secret indeed.

Mac carefully kept an eye on the room, ensuring that no one recognized the incident for what it was while the Stranger negotiated for the rights to safely evacuate the city. 

He kept his eyes on Lita, the one person who knew that something had happened. 

She appeared to be looking around the room, stopped for a moment, then turned and looked at Laurelai. Then she blinked, and turned around to look at voidus.

Oh storms. The new recruit knows something. 

She took a bite of a cookie, then grinned. 

Well, we can always kill her. Or just lock her away. I wonder if knowing something about the secret counts as illegal information in Cams book. . .  

The disclaimer was long. Eiran read the entire thing anyways and noted down all lines that seemed important as it was possible they'd need to fight a legal case later on.

And despite what the disclaimer said, he believed the disclaimer could be used as legal grounds for dispute due to other phraseology of that same disclaimer. Yes, if it came down to court, he'd have lots to give TUBAist lawyers. Lots and lots.

“Now, let’s go to finding this Ajax,” Lusk said, looking at Eiran. “Maybe you’d have a hint?”

"The future is no replacement for the present, but I'll take a look," he said cryptically. Technically, he couldn't look specifically for Ajax, rather for the danger, which likely was Ajax at the moment. Then again, the Vortex might have been considered a danger more specific to him as Ajax wouldn't be intending to harm Eiran specifically.

It's worked before. It should work this time too.

Eiran glanced out the window to get a sense as to where the sun was--sometimes, if there wasn't too much distance traveled, he could guesstimate how far he was looking, bit his lip, and looked back to his tea. Deteca asked the DA members some questions, but he tuned them out. Focus was important in letting the mind wander, despite what he'd believed at first.

He closed his eyes. Again, not necessary, yet something that still helped.

Now where would he be...

His instincts told him Ajax would be in the Vortex still. Except, Ajax would expect them to expect that. The next possibility would be in the building, disguised as a person. But Ajax didn't seem like a frontliner.

Stop thinking and pushing in your own opinions. he told himself. It'll only bring it farther away.

He let his eyes open again and gaze blankly at the cup of tea. After a few moments all thoughts but one left his mind.

Ajax wants to harm you. That's what matters.

Then...blackness. Or rather, a shadow, Eiran discovered as his view zoomed out. He strained to find anything, see anything that might clue what he was seeing.

The shadow was from a structure. Sturdily built with the appearance of being easy to defend. A...bunker?

The paranoid built bunkers. And the paranoid tended not to live in the inner city. So the outskirts maybe. Near the edge of the city at least. 

He didn't spot any civilians, but that might just have been a result of the evacuation. It was possible he was seeing an area after TUBAists got there. This wasn't any use.

Then, suddenly his line of sight rushed passed him - zooming through the city and stopping at DIDGERIDOO. He could see himself opening his eyes as one of the DA members smiled wildly. The same one who'd smiled at him earlier and sent him into a full on panic attack. 

So it was soon. A few seconds in the future--or rather, the present when he stopped looking. Meaning it was outside of the city because TUBA had people evacuating in every one of the sections of the city. Something dangerous was in that bunker.

He opened his eyes and the vision fled. The DA member was smiling, just as she had moments before in his mind.

"At this moment, there's a bunker," Eiran said to the Ghostblood. "Outside of the city. In it is Ajax or something equally or more dangerous."

Mike listened to the scientist stumble over his own words and sighed. He'd like to let the man go, but for now he was everything they had. He stared at the Vortex and groped for something he could do. Investiture. So maybe cut it off? Somehow?

With a sigh he texted Zokora again, who copied the information to Lusk. @I think I am here.

Then he turned back to the Vortex again. Cut it off. How was he supposed to cut it off. Mike stared at the Vortex and slowly realized, that he had no way to do it himself. It was frustrating, and he wished he was stronger, better equiped to deal with something like that. But he wasn't. So he stood there, sighed, and hoped nothing would come of that thing soon.

12 hours ago, Silva said:

“At this moment, there's a bunker," Eiran said to the Ghostblood. "Outside of the city. In it is Ajax or something equally or more dangerous."

“Directly outside of the city?”

Lusk hadn’t expected the kid’s future-sight to work, but it had, and now that he’d relayed what he’d saw Lusk found that danger was much closer than he’d anticipated. A bunker? Why a bunker? To lay low, take over the city when the guilds had exhausted themselves? The future-sight kid had said if Ajax reached the Vortex he’d be unstoppable. Perhaps the Lord wanted to do that before the guilds deactivated it.

“Well, right now it doesn’t seem like any danger equals Ajax, so we hav to assume he’s there.” He looked to the rest of the allied guilds. “Like she said,” gesturing to Lita. “We don’t make an appearance of being allied. We may know Ajax is underground and near the city, but we’ll need to search for where exactly, or our plan will go to shambles. He’s much closer than we thought.”

He got a message from Zokora stating more words from the scientist and he almost unconsciously displayed them as a hologram for the others to see.

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Directly outside of the city?”

Lusk hadn’t expected the kid’s future-sight to work, but it had, and now that he’d relayed what he’d saw Lusk found that danger was much closer than he’d anticipated. A bunker? Why a bunker? To lay low, take over the city when the guilds had exhausted themselves? The future-sight kid had said if Ajax reached the Vortex he’d be unstoppable. Perhaps the Lord wanted to do that before the guilds deactivated it.

“Well, right now it doesn’t seem like any danger equals Ajax, so we hav to assume he’s there.” He looked to the rest of the allied guilds. “Like she said,” gesturing to Lita. “We don’t make an appearance of being allied. We may know Ajax is underground and near the city, but we’ll need to search for where exactly, or our plan will go to shambles. He’s much closer than we thought.”

He got a message from Zokora stating more words from the scientist and he almost unconsciously displayed them as a hologram for the others to see.

Aylitha heard them talk about the bunker, and looked at Mac. "We should be able to find him," she said. "Getting underground shouldn't be an issue with spatial manipulation, as long as we have a rough area to aim for." She smiled. "And I," she said, "should be able to take care of the searching." She lifted her hand, and slowly touched the table with her index finger, and a small wave of black bugs spread out from it. The backs of some of them opened up, revealing eyes.