Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duglis

Portraits of Many of the Characters?

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

Have any official or unofficial portraits of many of the characters been posted anywhere on the net? I did a huge search and found many for Sarene, Raoden and Hrathen. One for Galladon and nobody else.  I'm looking for the others ;)

-Doug

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Duglis said:

Hello,

Have any official or unofficial portraits of many of the characters been posted anywhere on the net? I did a huge search and found many for Sarene, Raoden and Hrathen. One for Galladon and nobody else.  I'm looking for the others ;)

-Doug

Have you tried looking in the Gallery?  There are a lot of really talented artists here on the Shard.  

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/gallery/

Edited by Scion of the Mists

Yes. I have tried there. Wonderful art, but alas, no portraits of those characters.

Posted (edited)

On 06/06/2019 at 3:55 AM, Duglis said:

Hello,

-Doug

Welcome to the Shard, Duglis! (I love your username, by the way.)

Depending on who you're looking for, there may or may not be an 'official' portrait for them. Brandon has commissioned concept art for some characters, and some of the anniversary editions have new illustrations added to them, so there's some author approved stuff floating around.  Barring one of those existing, our wiki team usually searches out and includes the best art they can find for entries on The Coppermind. If you search for a character there, you'll probably find a decent fanart picture on their page. The wiki also includes a few illustrations by Brandon's official artists, like McSweeney (Although I don't remember if he or Isaac Stewart worked on Elantris): https://coppermind.net/wiki/Ben_McSweeney

If that fails, Brandon occasionally posts fanart pictures he thinks are cool on his Instagram page, so you could try searching there. Reddit might also yeild some results. 

Edit: Foreign book covers might be useful too. Or cosplays if you get really desperate. 

Hope you find what you're looking for. 

Edited by Archer

The Coppermind wiki will often have decent art. It just happens that there isn't a whole of fanart of Elantris characters available out there to begin with. It also doesn't help that they are not very well described...