Truthless of Shinovar

The Pokémon Sword and Shield Direct

8 posts in this topic

Ohhhh, there’s so much I love and hate about this. One hand, I really don’t like he giant Pokémon. I mean, come on Gamefreak, you can do better than that!! Bring back Mega-evolutions, or something like that!! Something interesting, because bigger doesn’t always mean better! Oh, and the legendaries look pretty lame. I mean, it’s just a dog with armor, and another with a sword. On the other hand though, the Pokémon are looking really cool, and probably my favorite part is the wild zone!! I love the open feel of it, and I think that we’re in for a treat. What are your guys’ thoughts?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giant pokemon: Ups and downs

On one hand, pokemon that are already big and bad, like Gyarados, look bad as hell

On the other, the cute, cuddly pokemon look really, really stupid when giant

Legendary pokemon: Really disappointing. It's literally just holding a sword in it's mouth, and the other has armor. That's terrible

Regular pokemon: Looking cool

I haven't had time to watch the full direct, but that's my take on what I've seen

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wooloo is such a cute sheep.

Wasn’t expecting a dandelion Pokémon but it would’ve been more interesting if they took dandelion literal where it was a lion with a dandelion head for its mane.

That bird is awesome looking!

The legendary wolves are okay though they look interesting when you ignore the obvious sword and shield *roll credits*

Not a fan of the giant Pokémon aspect but I do find the whole Gyms are sporting events neat. Did find it interesting that the champion looks like a football player mixed with a prince. I was expecting a queenly woman as champion (seriously we need someone old as the champion for once.)

I love that the professor is an older woman and she looks both sweet and stern at once. Was getting tired of professors that looked young and hot.

It’s kind of interesting that all the names characters so far have botanical names.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Draginon said:

Wooloo is such a cute sheep.

Wasn’t expecting a dandelion Pokémon but it would’ve been more interesting if they took dandelion literal where it was a lion with a dandelion head for its mane.

That bird is awesome looking!

The legendary wolves are okay though they look interesting when you ignore the obvious sword and shield *roll credits*

Not a fan of the giant Pokémon aspect but I do find the whole Gyms are sporting events neat. Did find it interesting that the champion looks like a football player mixed with a prince. I was expecting a queenly woman as champion (seriously we need someone old as the champion for once.)

I love that the professor is an older woman and she looks both sweet and stern at once. Was getting tired of professors that looked young and hot.

It’s kind of interesting that all the names characters so far have botanical names.

Seconded! I love wolves - they're my favorite animal - but the legendaries feel too close in design to some of the Gen 5 ones I believe, and are too similar in design to each other. I'm liking how the region is shaping, but I'm not sure how I'll like it as a whole yet. I was hoping for somewhere like Spain or an amalgamation of different African countries for a region. I hope they have a lot of new Pokémon!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Seconded! I love wolves - they're my favorite animal - but the legendaries feel too close in design to some of the Gen 5 ones I believe, and are too similar in design to each other. I'm liking how the region is shaping, but I'm not sure how I'll like it as a whole yet. I was hoping for somewhere like Spain or an amalgamation of different African countries for a region. I hope they have a lot of new Pokémon!

I keep hoping for some very British Pokémon like something to do with tea, the weather and even one themed around the kilt/tartan since the regions since Unova have Pokémon that fit very well with the real world counterpart.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to need to buy a Switch now, aren't I? Wasn't going to but daaaaaaaaaaamn.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Necro for the new video that came out sometime recently; I’m not for sure when exactly, but I just saw it....

Honestly, I’m pretty disappointed. This has definitely been my least favorite video yet. The new forms look alright, but nothing special... it feels like an Alolan rip-off. Speaking of rip-offs, that hamster abomination looks like a fatter, worse Pikachu. We already have about 10 of those, we don’t need more. 

Ugh.... and then there’s Team Yell. Things were going downhill with Team Skull, but this is just sad. Words can’t describe my disgust with this. Who knows though; Team Skull really grew on me, so who knows!

Sorry for the rant, post your thoughts below!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Necro for the new video that came out sometime recently; I’m not for sure when exactly, but I just saw it....

Honestly, I’m pretty disappointed. This has definitely been my least favorite video yet. The new forms look alright, but nothing special... it feels like an Alolan rip-off. Speaking of rip-offs, that hamster abomination looks like a fatter, worse Pikachu. We already have about 10 of those, we don’t need more. 

Ugh.... and then there’s Team Yell. Things were going downhill with Team Skull, but this is just sad. Words can’t describe my disgust with this. Who knows though; Team Skull really grew on me, so who knows!

Sorry for the rant, post your thoughts below!

Glad to hear your thoughts!

I feel the exact opposite of you though lol. I was NOT excited for this game due to the region, the gimmick, and the overall talk. I was on the fence about getting it; and if I was, it wasn't going to be Day 1 like every other main generation or remake game before (barring Let's Go). 

But this new trailer excited me. I LOVE regional versions of Pokémon. I think it's a fun and innovative way of keeping older Pokémon fresh. The fact that regional variations aren't Alola exclusive really gives me hope for future games (not to mention easier to balance than Mega Evolutions). However, I DO worry that they'll start adding more regional variations and reduce the amount of new Pokémon per region. That is a mistake. The regional forms should be added on top of a game flowing with new Pokémon, not padding out the roster. 

In terms of the Not-Pikachu of this game, to each his or her own. Dedene (or whatever the electric/fairy one is called) is the only one I don't like, and I've come to expect it for every region. Like the starter bird and the early game annoying normal type, the Not-Pikachu is a staple of new generations. 

As for Team Yell...at least they're trying something different? Team Flare was the WORST. Team Skull was a shell to (admittedly very poorly) disguise the real hidden evil team; and I found them to be funny personally. Like, funny in a sad, pathetic sort of way (after I got over the slang being a little offensive to me), but that's part of what they were aiming for, right? Team Yell seems to be aiming to be a commentary on toxic fanbases, and that always fascinates me.

And lastly, NEW ZIZAGOON EVOLUTION!! Obstagoon is TOTALLY going on my team. Or, if I decide to skip this generation, I'll have my best friend raise one and trade it to me in the next game lol!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.