NyxRo

"Hands all red"

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

"Hands all red" was what Brandon Sanderson signed in my Shadows of Self copy. I'm so happy I got to meet him--I just can't believe that was years ago. My first Sanderson book was Mistborn: The Final Empire, and I read the series over 5 years ago...I think. I am re-reading the 1st era books now so that I can finish the 2nd era. My favorite book, however, has to be the Way of Kings. I love love love Kaladin and Sylphrena. 

I love this site!! I was searching for anything related to Kelsier and found a poll of favorite and least favorite crewmember (I chose Kelsier for my favorite of course). I can't wait to explore more of it.

Thanks!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome!

I highly recommend you check out the roleplay forum.

If you're interested, I have some recommendations for RPs and guilds.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! I was going through the RP forum and was happy to just explore it. I have never done any RPing before. Which do you recommend? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Shard and hope you enjoy yourself here!

Yeah, when you're at a signing Brandon will usually throw in something like that which is meant to represent a key element or moment from the book. Way of Kings had 'Bridge Four' and Edgedancer had 'Are you listening?', for some other examples. It's a cool little touch and if you haven't started reading the book at the time of the signing it also gives you a hint of what you're about to get yourself into. xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome! Have a cookie!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 10:20 PM, Weltall said:

Welcome to the Shard and hope you enjoy yourself here!

Yeah, when you're at a signing Brandon will usually throw in something like that which is meant to represent a key element or moment from the book. Way of Kings had 'Bridge Four' and Edgedancer had 'Are you listening?', for some other examples. It's a cool little touch and if you haven't started reading the book at the time of the signing it also gives you a hint of what you're about to get yourself into. xD

Oh that is so cool. I wish I had "Bridge Four" signed on my Way of Kings copy. But I was just getting into his works at that time so I was too late for The Way of Kings signing. I came across Brandon Sanderson kind of by accident when my friend's husband downloaded a bunch of books onto my kindle. I started reading Mistborn: Hero of Ages first and thought it was really good but didn't know what was going on, thinking it was the first book. I must have spoiled a lot for myself by doing that. I still don't know what "Hands all red" means because I haven't started Shadows of Self yet, despite buying it and having it signed years ago. Thanks!

18 hours ago, Ethan_Sedai said:

Welcome! Have a cookie!

Thank you! I love cookies, but I have gone through some of these threads and I think this cookie is...special? In a bad way?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 6/5/2019 at 10:04 PM, NyxRo said:

Thank you! I was going through the RP forum and was happy to just explore it. I have never done any RPing before. Which do you recommend? 

I highly recommend the guilds: Ghostbloods, Keepers, Dark Alley

Ghostbloods: Awesome, assassinates people sometimes

Keepers: Feruchemy based guild

Dark Alley: Hemalurgy based guild, gives out free cookies.

Other guilds include (but are not limited to): Black Crusade, Diagramists, Church of the Whiterose, TUBA, Scholars Guild

I highly recommend you check out the Alleyverse for best RP experience.

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/forum/92-alleyverse/

Other RPs you may enjoy include (but are not limited to): Sanderson Elimination, Damnations and Desolations, Reckoners RPG

Edited by Ax's Boyfriend
typos
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 3:07 PM, Ax's Boyfriend said:

I highly recommend the guilds: Ghostbloods, Keepers, Dark Alley

Ghostbloods: Awesome, assassinates people sometimes

Keepers: Feruchemy based guild

Dark Alley: Hemalurgy based guild, gives out free cookies.

Other guilds include (but are not limited to): Black Crusade, Diagramists, Church of the Whiterose, TUBA, Scholars Guild

I highly recommend you check out the Alleyverse for best RP experience.

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/forum/92-alleyverse/

Other RPs you may enjoy include (but are not limited to): Sanderson Elimination, Damnations and Desolations, Reckoners RPG

Going through the Alleyverse threads right now--you guys are super creative!! I will definitely be checking them all out. Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Shard! Alleyverse is something I'd like to get into but it would take so much of my time.

I hope you enjoy your time here! :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.