"Hands all red"

NyxRo

Hi everyone,

"Hands all red" was what Brandon Sanderson signed in my Shadows of Self copy. I'm so happy I got to meet him--I just can't believe that was years ago. My first Sanderson book was Mistborn: The Final Empire, and I read the series over 5 years ago...I think. I am re-reading the 1st era books now so that I can finish the 2nd era. My favorite book, however, has to be the Way of Kings. I love love love Kaladin and Sylphrena. 

I love this site!! I was searching for anything related to Kelsier and found a poll of favorite and least favorite crewmember (I chose Kelsier for my favorite of course). I can't wait to explore more of it.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Shard and hope you enjoy yourself here!

Yeah, when you're at a signing Brandon will usually throw in something like that which is meant to represent a key element or moment from the book. Way of Kings had 'Bridge Four' and Edgedancer had 'Are you listening?', for some other examples. It's a cool little touch and if you haven't started reading the book at the time of the signing it also gives you a hint of what you're about to get yourself into. xD

On 6/5/2019 at 10:20 PM, Weltall said:

Welcome to the Shard and hope you enjoy yourself here!

Yeah, when you're at a signing Brandon will usually throw in something like that which is meant to represent a key element or moment from the book. Way of Kings had 'Bridge Four' and Edgedancer had 'Are you listening?', for some other examples. It's a cool little touch and if you haven't started reading the book at the time of the signing it also gives you a hint of what you're about to get yourself into. xD

Oh that is so cool. I wish I had "Bridge Four" signed on my Way of Kings copy. But I was just getting into his works at that time so I was too late for The Way of Kings signing. I came across Brandon Sanderson kind of by accident when my friend's husband downloaded a bunch of books onto my kindle. I started reading Mistborn: Hero of Ages first and thought it was really good but didn't know what was going on, thinking it was the first book. I must have spoiled a lot for myself by doing that. I still don't know what "Hands all red" means because I haven't started Shadows of Self yet, despite buying it and having it signed years ago. Thanks!

18 hours ago, Ethan_Sedai said:

Welcome! Have a cookie!

Thank you! I love cookies, but I have gone through some of these threads and I think this cookie is...special? In a bad way?

On 6/5/2019 at 10:04 PM, NyxRo said:

Thank you! I was going through the RP forum and was happy to just explore it. I have never done any RPing before. Which do you recommend? 

I highly recommend the guilds: Ghostbloods, Keepers, Dark Alley

Ghostbloods: Awesome, assassinates people sometimes

Keepers: Feruchemy based guild

Dark Alley: Hemalurgy based guild, gives out free cookies.

Other guilds include (but are not limited to): Black Crusade, Diagramists, Church of the Whiterose, TUBA, Scholars Guild

I highly recommend you check out the Alleyverse for best RP experience.

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/forum/92-alleyverse/

Other RPs you may enjoy include (but are not limited to): Sanderson Elimination, Damnations and Desolations, Reckoners RPG

Edited by Ax's Boyfriend
typos

On 6/7/2019 at 3:07 PM, Ax's Boyfriend said:

I highly recommend the guilds: Ghostbloods, Keepers, Dark Alley

Ghostbloods: Awesome, assassinates people sometimes

Keepers: Feruchemy based guild

Dark Alley: Hemalurgy based guild, gives out free cookies.

Other guilds include (but are not limited to): Black Crusade, Diagramists, Church of the Whiterose, TUBA, Scholars Guild

I highly recommend you check out the Alleyverse for best RP experience.

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/forum/92-alleyverse/

Other RPs you may enjoy include (but are not limited to): Sanderson Elimination, Damnations and Desolations, Reckoners RPG

Going through the Alleyverse threads right now--you guys are super creative!! I will definitely be checking them all out. Thanks!