Kaladin's Girl

Stormlight Archive

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the Stormlight Archive will be available in the special leather bound volumes like some of his other books?

They're generally done at the 10th Anniversary. WoK should be late next year, I believe.

Yes, I believe Dragonsteel is planning Stormlight leatherbounds. Be aware, though, that due to the length of the books, their leatherbound editions may need to be two volumes each.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:10 PM, Kaymyth said:

Yes, I believe Dragonsteel is planning Stormlight leatherbounds. Be aware, though, that due to the length of the books, their leatherbound editions may need to be two volumes each.

I'd actually really like that.  I've been tempted to order U.K. Stormlight Archive books simply because they're split up so they're easier to carry around, lol.

14 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

I'd actually really like that.  I've been tempted to order U.K. Stormlight Archive books simply because they're split up so they're easier to carry around, lol.

There's split and part versions. Words of Radiance is rare to get in one volume (if anyone can link it in the UK, that'd be amazing) and Oathbringer parts 1 and 2 are out in August.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:50 AM, NottTheBrave said:

The only reason I phrased it as a caution is how expensive the leatherbounds are. Each volume runs $100 - so every Stormlight novel will be $200 a pop.

On 2019-06-08 at 7:32 AM, Wander89 said:

There's split and part versions. Words of Radiance is rare to get in one volume (if anyone can link it in the UK, that'd be amazing) and Oathbringer parts 1 and 2 are out in August.

You can get it in one in pocket form, but its not hardcover and its like 1300 pages. Dunno how it works in the UK, but we have them in Sweden.

Edited by Toaster Retribution

38 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

You can get it in one in pocket form, but its not hardcover and its like 1300 pages. Dunno how it works in the UK, but we have them in Sweden.

Is it the same as the UK covers or a different one? I'd like it in a one off format but my shelf is consistent since it's the UK. I'm sure there's ones out there, just can't find them and I'm scared to buy ones online when its advertised as one part but might end up being part 1 of 2 and so on!

2 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Is it the same as the UK covers or a different one? I'd like it in a one off format but my shelf is consistent since it's the UK. I'm sure there's ones out there, just can't find them and I'm scared to buy ones online when its advertised as one part but might end up being part 1 of 2 and so on!

It has the Michael Whelan cover art, and is smaller than paperbacks, so it might not fit with your shelf. It is a pretty neat version though, and the one I personally own.

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

It has the Michael Whelan cover art, and is smaller than paperbacks, so it might not fit with your shelf. It is a pretty neat version though, and the one I personally own.

If I had the funds I'd be sure to buy those also. Michael Whelan has some gorgeous art.