Question about a device used

scudalarm

Question

3 answers to this question

Just now, scudalarm said:

I wanted to ask about the device the Ire, (Alonoe to be precise) wanted to use during the event in Secret History and the globe Riino has, are they of the same making / construction / materials? 

I do not think so.  I believe Alone's device stored connection and was likely specially made for bonding Preservation.  Riino has a couple devices one stores investiture and another that allows him to see the future.  Neither has much to do with connection(As I understand them).  They may easily both have been created via the Dor however it is likely that they used different processes in each case(the difference between making both a shovel and a spear out of wood).

Your explanation makes sense, I just got carried away with the future sight globe, after reading about future sight being tied to the Spiritual Realm and that a Shard's Power normally resides in the Spiritual Realm, and then the Ire's device for taking up Preservation. I just made/forced the connections.

The ire’s globe is designed to create a forced bond between any person and preservation. By manipulating connection I believe that it was to be used to pick up the un-bound shard of preservation after Leras died. The future orb is totally different as far as I know.