Long Game 56: Discord in Elendel

StrikerEZ

Alright, I guess now that I've made my account a little less obviously something created by my edgy thirteen-year-old self, let's give this a shot and see how it goes. :P Ainm Lathair, a rookie officer with no idea what's going on, at your service. :P 

11 minutes ago, Aonar said:

Alright, I guess now that I've made my account a little less obviously something created by my edgy thirteen-year-old self, let's give this a shot and see how it goes. :P Ainm Lathair, a rookie officer with no idea what's going on, at your service. :P 

Ah, because puppies are less edgy. Top tier strategist here. 

So, I forgot I have a friend's grad party to go to tomorrow night, so I will be pushing back the end of signups one hour. Signups will now end at 8:30 PM CDT on June 9th and the first day will begin an hour later. If I don't make it back in time to close the thread before that, Mailliw will close the thread for me.

10 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Ah, because puppies are less edgy. Top tier strategist here. 

10 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Wait, puppies are less edgy? I think they're definitely very edgy. B)

Storms, you've found me out; obviously the pictures of my dogs making derpy faces as they play is a metaphor for the all-consuming darkness within my soul. :P 

Arr K. Thousantoo sat in the back of the constabulary office, weezing.

He had been alive since the Final Empire, not that they knew that.

Worldhopping had done him some good. Hundreds of years of good.

He coughed, and his cane wobbled. He stood, back aching, and walked out of the door.

It was time to catch some rebels.

"Well, if it isn't my good friend Sam Tras. What brings you here today?"

"Heard you got a job for me."

"That I may. Listen, with all of these... incidents happening, the police force needs some extra muscle in the field. Considering your expertise, I thought you might be a good fit."

"How much?"

"Below rate."

"..."

"Hey, don't walk out on me! Listen, I'll make up the difference. I've been needing some influence anyways, so I'd be happy to oblige."

"You know where to find me."

"A pleasure doing business with you Sam. Always a pleasure."

Alright, I’ll do it. I told Striker I’d think about it.

Thomas Blackburn stumbled into the police force office, leaving a patch-ridden coat by the door and exposing a holster at his belt in the process. He looked around for an authorative figure to speak with, found none, and resigned himself to addressing the room.

”So I heard you was recruiting.”

6 minutes ago, MrakeDarshall said:

Alright, I’ll do it. I told Striker I’d think about it.

Thomas Blackburn stumbled into the police force office, leaving a patch-ridden coat by the door and exposing a holster at his belt in the process. He looked around for an authorative figure to speak with, found none, and resigned himself to addressing the room.

”So I heard you was recruiting.”

Lucky you, we planned on these extra two signups. :P 

20 minutes till game start!

The police station was eerily quiet as Draff walked in. They’d lost another man last night, and the bomber had managed to get away, so everyone was treading lightly around the chief. Where is the chief, anyway? Draff thought to himself.
Almost on cue, the chief appeared around the corner, several officers following him with...was that Lyrelle in custody? Draff couldn’t believe it. Lyrelle had been on the force for years now, why were they arresting her?
“Draff,” the chief said, “go gather up everyone and bring them to my office. I’ve got an announcement to make.”
Draff watched as the chief and his procession walked down the hallway, presumably to go put Lyrelle in a temporary detaining facility until they could take her to a more secure location. Confused, he went to go gather everyone up for the chief’s announcement.
~
By the time Draff had gathered everyone up, he’d heard so many questions about what was happening, he swore he’d go mad if he heard someone ask, “What are they doing with Lyrelle?” one more time. Finally, the chief walked in, without Lyrelle in tow.
“As you all know, we lost a valuable officer, Danton, last night.” He paused for a moment, as if he wasn’t sure what he wanted to say next. “Before we found Danton’s body last night, Orlen found Lyrelle attempting to damage her own person, a few hundred meters from the site of the crime.
“After some investigation and interrogation, we have come to the conclusion that Lyrelle is a member of the rebel organization attempting to overthrow the peace in Elendel and the rest of the Elendel Basin.”
Draff couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Lyrelle, a rebel? She’d been a close friend of his in the force for as long as he could remember. How long had she been planning to turn on him and the others?
The chief motioned for everyone to get quiet so he could continue. Once the last whispers had faded away, he said, “There is one more important piece of information you all must know. Lyrelle was...persuaded to reveal to us whether or not she had other accomplices within the force.
“We could not get her to tell us who they were, but we know there are at least a few more officers, that Lyrelle knew of at least, who have joined the force to undermine our operations or have become sympathetic to the rebels’ cause.
“I need each and everyone of you to work together to root out these rebels as we continue our investigation. We cannot afford to risk losing the city because we were unable to trust every officer we have.”

LG56 has begun! PMs are open, but remember that each player may only make one new PM each turn. There is a two-vote minimum for a lynch and a tied lynch results in one of the tied lynchees’ death.

The Day will end on Tuesday, June 11 at 7:30 CDT.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Amanuensis, aka "Detective Wilco Renaud"

2. Ark1002, aka "Arr K. Thousantoo"

3. Lumgol, aka "TBD"

4. Fifth Scholar, aka “Serdig Darillid”

5. Araris Valerian, aka “Fade”

6. Ventyl, aka “Lafay Etteax”

7. Furamirionind, aka "Furamirionind"

8. Rathmaskal

9. Devotary of Spontaneity, aka "Sindale"

10. Sart

11. _Stick_, aka "Stick"

12. Walin, aka " Nedar Latfin"

13. Aonar, aka "Ainm Lathair"

14. Snipexe

15. Straw, aka “Mertis Tyl Loesp”

16. MrakeDarshall, aka “Thomas Blackburn”

17. Xinoehp512

• Alvron locked and unpinned this topic

Arr K. Thousantoo hobbled along on his gnarled staff, and more gnarled legs.

He leaned back against the wall, panting. Then he saw someone.

"Nedar Latfin. Do you have any suspicions on the rebels?"

To explain, this game I will be trying to fix my lack of RP. This will (hopefully) be my only OOC posting this game.

Ello everybody.

First day on the job and we have to deal with plants in the police force. Unless this is some kind of bizarre hazing exercise.

Regardless, I'll play along. Seems like a pretty regular standoff, with only a few twists:

• Pewter is in shorter supply, forcing our resident thugs to choose whether to defend against either night or day. As usual, they can recover from a single mortal wound.
  • The local mistborn are exceptionally well-supplied, and appear to be able to choose what metals to burn every night. It is not unheard of for mistborn to just burn whatever metals they can get their hands on at the time.
  • A division of hazekillers has been trained as part of the police force, and are rather effective and adaptable when it comes to combating allomancy. Unless we have reason to believe the rebels are killing people with allomancy and not guns, it seems a bit like a hazekiller would be more valuable to the rebels than to us.
  • There are rumors of a creature running loose, eating people and leaving only bones behind, which doesn't bode well.

Anyways lets get this party started. Aman, you're at the top of the roster, do you have anything to say on the subject of moles?

Squashing rebellions... This feels familiar for some reason.

Lafay was walking down the hallway towards the locker room to clock into work, considering the early morning when he heard Ark1002 ask Nedar Latin , “Do you have any suspicions on the rebels?” and decided that maybe, just maybe he was trying to feel out what the other officers think to make sure he’s safe.    

So when he reached the intersection of the hallways that they’re in he tried to listen around the corner to listen to this conversation, because maybe if Arr. was one of this traitors and he caught him, he’d get a huge promotion. Though his daydreaming was cut short as Lafay tripped on nothing, but he blamed the wind, and fell face first onto the middle of the floor. Nedar and Arr. both turn and look at him with various emotions on their faces. Rust and Ruin, he thought.

Edited by Ventyl

Covert assassinations were no way to express dissatisfaction with one's leaders. If these rebels weren't happy with the way the government was being run, it was their responsibility to openly challenge Elendel's leaders face to face. Running around with bombs could only mean the rebels did not command the loyalty of Elendel's population and were too afraid to associate themselves with their beliefs. Such cowardice could not be excused.

With only 17 players and up to four kills flying around(elim kill, Coinshot kill, Mistborn!Coinshot kill, potential Kandra kill), this game may not last particularly long. I would not be surprised if some of those kills were not present in the game. The Mistborn was presumably added for a reason, as there shouldn't really be Mistborn save for the Lord Mistborn and Ironeyes, so I'd say it's more likely that Coinshots were excluded than Mistborn. Since the Kandra can pretty much only win if they whittle the game down to one police, one rebel, and themselves, and then get both the last police and the last rebel killed in the same turn without dying, the Kandra would need a night kill to have any real hope of winning.

While Sindale disapproves of Mistborn, she is forced to admit that such a being is unlikely to stand with those using guns and bombs to overthrow the government. Last hour lynches may not give the Mistborn, or Thugs who are less alignment indicative, the opportunity to use pewter to survive their lynch.

6 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Just checking in. 

Hi.

I'll poke Fifth.

Fifth

Just checking in. 

Hi. 

I’ll prod Fura. 

Furamirionind

(Fura)

Anyway, a lot of AI content has been put out there in the brief hours since I was asleep, so I’ll respond piece-by-piece and then comment on the ruleset, which I find fascinating for something which is simply modifying standard AG rules. 

7 hours ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

Arr K. Thousantoo hobbled along on his gnarled staff, and more gnarled legs.

He leaned back against the wall, panting. Then he saw someone.

"Nedar Latfin. Do you have any suspicions on the rebels?"

To explain, this game I will be trying to fix my lack of RP. This will (hopefully) be my only OOC posting this game.

An admirable goal. I’d point out that poke-voting at this stage of the game is more helpful than it would perhaps otherwise be, and a good way to start lynch discussion, so while this kind of vote would draw attention a bit later, for now I’m actually getting a (very) slight village read off Ark. Is there a reason Walin was chosen, out of curiosity? 

6 hours ago, MrakeDarshall said:

Ello everybody.

First day on the job and we have to deal with plants in the police force. Unless this is some kind of bizarre hazing exercise.

Regardless, I'll play along. Seems like a pretty regular standoff, with only a few twists:

• Pewter is in shorter supply, forcing our resident thugs to choose whether to defend against either night or day. As usual, they can recover from a single mortal wound.
  • The local mistborn are exceptionally well-supplied, and appear to be able to choose what metals to burn every night. It is not unheard of for mistborn to just burn whatever metals they can get their hands on at the time.
  • A division of hazekillers has been trained as part of the police force, and are rather effective and adaptable when it comes to combating allomancy. Unless we have reason to believe the rebels are killing people with allomancy and not guns, it seems a bit like a hazekiller would be more valuable to the rebels than to us.
  • There are rumors of a creature running loose, eating people and leaving only bones behind, which doesn't bode well.

Anyways lets get this party started. Aman, you're at the top of the roster, do you have anything to say on the subject of moles?

I like Drake’s role analysis here (in fact, I like this entire post of his), but I’ll still respond bullet-by-bullet:

- I would recommend, obviously, that village Thugs save their Pewter for Night, and unless they’re a Mistborn, not to use it to oppose a Day lynch unless we’re very low on villagers. While this seems counterintuitive, with a limited number of lynches in the game thanks to the prevalence of kills, I’d rather not waste one getting no result. One of the ways I suspect Striker might balance this is a smaller elim team with vote manipulation, extra lives and maybe a Seeker or Smoker, so I’d certainly not treat Thugs as a likely village role. 

- Mistborn do seem quite heavily powerful this game. It’s my hope that the rest of the village hasn’t been disempowered because of this, though I don’t think that would be the case—I suspect the lack of a Mistborn more likely than people getting made, say, regular villagers because of one; there’s simply too few of us for someone not to have a role going up against an elim team likely containing a variety of good roles. As for the Mistborn themselves (should they exist), even if you have Steel, please don’t use it N1 at the very least. Then, we can see if we have a regular coinshot, and if so, we might be able to slow the rate of death and reduce the likelihood of large-scale village massacres every night. That said, one villager should probably use their kill role every night, just so we have some measure of retaliation against the Elim and Kandra kills. 

- That’s an interesting take on Hazekillers, and one which I’d agree with on principle. It does seem like a more useful Eliminator role, though of course that’s hardly indicative of who actually received it; I’d be unsurprised if both teams got one. If you are a village Hazekiller, though, please don’t use your powers randomly. 

6 hours ago, Lumgol said:

Hello, I am checking in. Poke-voting on me this round is now no longer justified. :P 

I appreciate this sentiment. :P That said, now that there’s a few more posts, do you have any thoughts? 

6 hours ago, Ventyl said:

Lafay was walking down the hallway towards the locker room to clock into work, considering the early morning when he heard Ark1002 ask Nedar Latin , “Do you have any suspicions on the rebels?” and decided that maybe, just maybe he was trying to feel out what the other officers think to make sure he’s safe.    

So when he reached the intersection of the hallways that they’re in he tried to listen around the corner to listen to this conversation, because maybe if Arr. was one of this traitors and he caught him, he’d get a huge promotion. Though his daydreaming was cut short as Lafay tripped on nothing, but he blamed the wind, and fell face first onto the middle of the floor. Nedar and Arr. both turn and look at him with various emotions on their faces. Rust and Ruin, he thought.

Welcome to SE, Ventyl! In regards to Ark’s vote, that’s an interesting take on it; poke votes, as they’re called, are typically used to feel out players and elicit responses, as you’ve identified, but are normally used for analysis, and both Elims and villagers will do them. That said, as with Ark, I appreciate your willingness to bring up lynch discussion early, which will earn another (very) slight village read. 

4 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Covert assassinations were no way to express dissatisfaction with one's leaders. If these rebels weren't happy with the way the government was being run, it was their responsibility to openly challenge Elendel's leaders face to face. Running around with bombs could only mean the rebels did not command the loyalty of Elendel's population and were too afraid to associate themselves with their beliefs. Such cowardice could not be excused.

With only 17 players and up to four kills flying around(elim kill, Coinshot kill, Mistborn!Coinshot kill, potential Kandra kill), this game may not last particularly long. I would not be surprised if some of those kills were not present in the game. The Mistborn was presumably added for a reason, as there shouldn't really be Mistborn save for the Lord Mistborn and Ironeyes, so I'd say it's more likely that Coinshots were excluded than Mistborn. Since the Kandra can pretty much only win if they whittle the game down to one police, one rebel, and themselves, and then get both the last police and the last rebel killed in the same turn without dying, the Kandra would need a night kill to have any real hope of winning.

While Sindale disapproves of Mistborn, she is forced to admit that such a being is unlikely to stand with those using guns and bombs to overthrow the government. Last hour lynches may not give the Mistborn, or Thugs who are less alignment indicative, the opportunity to use pewter to survive their lynch.

I agree with the first half of your second paragraph about Mistborn and Coinshots. However, I think you’ve misinterpreted the Kandra role—I think it’s essential that the village remove them before they can win, even if it’s not explicitly stated in the rules; otherwise, with the Kandra lacking other powers, its job would be almost impossibly difficult if it had to play Kingmaker as well as Serial Killer. That or the Kandra has secrets, of course. 

I disagree that we should use last-minute lynches to rob extra-life roles of their ability to escape the lynch; while I don’t necessarily want to waste a lynch, as I detailed above, a measure such as this would diminish lynch discussion, reducing it to the last hours of a turn instead of the full 48 hours we can and should be using; moreover, last minute voting creates bandwagoning, which muddles analysis and dilutes thoughtful lynch discussion, both measures which Eliminators support. As such, Devotary, as I’d appreciate clarification on your comment. Were you actually supporting the measure which you pointed out? 

...and with cross country practice looming, I’ll not be able to perform that role analysis I promised earlier in this post. :/ I’ll get to it once I get back. 

10 hours ago, MrakeDarshall said:

Ello everybody.

Hey Mrake. Have I ever told you that you remind me of an old friend, Drake?

Since Fifth already responded to your role commentary, I don't really have much to add. But I do want to say is I didn't even consider Hazekillers being more useful for eliminators over villagers. Considering your post was the 2nd in the game and within the first hour of the game starting, I'm willing to bet this is a genuine discovery on your part rather than a deliberate misdirection. So in other words, Mrake just earned two whole bills of my patented Villager Bucks (TM).

Spoiler

Villager Bucks in no way guarantee alignment, as they are simply a resource for measuring trust. Despite also being green, they cannot substitute for American Dollars. Please do not attempt to use them in real life. I cannot go to prison again, especially not for Forgery. 

I was about to ask if we can make PMs during the day or night, but instead of being lazy I just looked myself. So here's a big ole REMINDER: Every player can only make 1 PM every turn, but they CAN be group PMs. Considering that Tineye's have the ability to see who has PM's with who, please be very mindful of who you reach out to and how much you share in the thread about the contents of said PMs. If the elims have one, this could put some good roles in danger. As for Village Tineyes, don't forget to use this ability even if it seems a little underwhelming. If someone knows that I only had one PM with Mrake, for example, and I died fairly early on in the game with an important role, it could be indication that I claimed to him and he killed me for it. While not every situation will be as cut and dry, every piece of information the village has to determine the elims, the better. That all said, please do your best to keep being a village Tineye a secret. More likely than not, the elims would prefer to eliminate PMs entirely.

Now, for the question addressed to me. It's too early for me to have any suspicions. Only thing I can say with a relative degree of certainty is, that based on the 20% rule, we're dealing with either 3 or 4 elims and 1 kandra (serial killer). Since 17 is closer to 15 than 20, it's probably reasonable to assume 3 elims + SK. As always, however, I personally will treat this game as the worst scenario (4 elims) so that way I don't get caught off guard, while advising other villagers to keep this in mind as well.

8 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Mostly just wanted to say I agree with your assessment of the kill roles. Also very curious how the kandra works. Part of me wants to kill them ASAP to find out. The other part wants them to live for a bit so they can really experience their role the way it was meant to.

Tangent aside, Devotary. Have yourself a Villager Buck (TM) for your effort.

Spoiler

No, this is not bribery. Why would you even ask that?

3 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

An admirable goal. I’d point out that poke-voting at this stage of the game is more helpful than it would perhaps otherwise be, and a good way to start lynch discussion, so while this kind of vote would draw attention a bit later, for now I’m actually getting a (very) slight village read off Ark. Is there a reason Walin was chosen, out of curiosity?

I like Drake’s role analysis here (in fact, I like this entire post of his), but I’ll still respond bullet-by-bullet:

Welcome to SE, Ventyl! In regards to Ark’s vote, that’s an interesting take on it; poke votes, as they’re called, are typically used to feel out players and elicit responses, as you’ve identified, but are normally used for analysis, and both Elims and villagers will do them. That said, as with Ark, I appreciate your willingness to bring up lynch discussion early, which will earn another (very) slight village read.

I agree with the first half of your second paragraph about Mistborn and Coinshots. However, I think you’ve misinterpreted the Kandra role—I think it’s essential that the village remove them before they can win, even if it’s not explicitly stated in the rules; otherwise, with the Kandra lacking other powers, its job would be almost impossibly difficult if it had to play Kingmaker as well as Serial Killer. That or the Kandra has secrets, of course. 

I disagree that we should use last-minute lynches to rob extra-life roles of their ability to escape the lynch; while I don’t necessarily want to waste a lynch, as I detailed above, a measure such as this would diminish lynch discussion, reducing it to the last hours of a turn instead of the full 48 hours we can and should be using; moreover, last minute voting creates bandwagoning, which muddles analysis and dilutes thoughtful lynch discussion, both measures which Eliminators support. As such, Devotary, as I’d appreciate clarification on your comment. Were you actually supporting the measure which you pointed out? 

...and with cross country practice looming, I’ll not be able to perform that role analysis I promised earlier in this post. :/ I’ll get to it once I get back. 

Just responding to the bits between the ellipsis.

First off, I'm personally not a fan of poke votes. I don't find that they really accomplish anything, as they're more akin to a person shouting into the void than them actively trying to solve a crime. Since it's the beginning I'll naturally give people some leeway with their votes. I just am not willing to encourage it :P

Honestly should have just quoted Ventyl's post, since all I wanted to do was add my own welcome aboard. But anyway, @Ventyl, I'm very glad to have you join us and I look forward to getting to know you as a person and player!

I'm pretty sure the Kandra was stated to have secret abilities somewhere. Can't remember the exact wording but... yeah, no way they don't have something going for them.

I think you might have read Devotary's post wrong tbh. That last paragraph threw me off a bit, but after reading it the third time I think they're saying that if a Mistborn exists, they are certainly not an eliminator. Oh wait nvm that second sentence is... hm. I think the point is they don't want Thugs to survive lynches. If that's the case, can we maybe agree that no Village Thug should use their ability during the day? I don't think last minute wagons is the answer either and... hm. Yeah sorry Devotary, I won't vote on you but I'd like that Villager Buck (TM) back :P

Fifth, here. You can have it ^_^

ED1T:

Missed the most important thing. Vote count!

• (1) WalinArk1002,
  • (1) AmanuensisMrakeDarshall,
  • (1) Fifth ScholarFuramirionind,
  • (1) Ark1002Ventyl,
  • (1) Devotary of SpontaneityFifth Scholar

ED2T:

Been waiting for someone else to post so I could prod those who haven't yet posted. Since I've only seen @Sart and @Aonar reading this thread since, I'll just go ahead and edit it in.

@Araris Valerian, @Rathmaskal, @Walin, @Straw, @_Stick_, @Snipexe, @xinoehp512.

The game has begun. Please do your best to post at least 2 times every turn. We shouldall be trying to avoid any deaths via inactivity filter, so going forward I'll consider it a part of my responsibility to reach out and get people involved if they're having trouble keeping up.

Edited by Amanuensis

He woke up in the middle of a park and looked around.  At least, he assumed it was a park.  Grass and trees, looked like there were buildings nearby.

What had happened?  He couldn't remember anything about who he was, what he was doing, or how he had gotten here.

There were a large number of people gathered across the park from where he was, I'm sure that had something to do with what had happened.  He looked down.  He was wearing a police uniform.  Well, guess I'd better go help out.  I'm sure someone will recognize me and help clear these cobwebs.

~~

So, I have no idea where my RP is actually going to end up, but hopefully I'm able to have some fun with it.

As for some minor game analysis:

• I agree that it's likely everyone has some sort of role.
  • I actually didn't see anything explicitly stating so, but does the kandra have a kill as well?  (Yes, Amanuensis, I'm working on my post right now :P - this is where I was mentioned, not trying to imply that Aman is the kandra...haha...although...maybe you knew I was mentioning the kandra in my post, so this was a role claim to me?)
  • I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the Thug ability differently than you Aman...but I don't think we'll be able to convince any Thugs to not protect themselves if they're up for the lynch.  If I'm reading correctly, they are only able to protect themselves in either the day or the night, right?
  • Based on the numbers in this game, I'm assuming we can expect 3-4 elims along with the kandra.
  • The hazekiller ability seems to imply that there are non-allomancers in the game.  Obviously the kandra would be in this boat.  I'm wondering if we can make a reasonable assumption that the kandra is the only non-allomancer?
  • As for the inactivity filter.  It's not as harsh as it initially seemed, but yes, I agree, please make sure to stay active everyone!  It's way more fun if everyone stays active!

9 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

He woke up in the middle of a park and looked around.  At least, he assumed it was a park.  Grass and trees, looked like there were buildings nearby.

What had happened?  He couldn't remember anything about who he was, what he was doing, or how he had gotten here.

There were a large number of people gathered across the park from where he was, I'm sure that had something to do with what had happened.  He looked down.  He was wearing a police uniform.  Well, guess I'd better go help out.  I'm sure someone will recognize me and help clear these cobwebs.

~~

So, I have no idea where my RP is actually going to end up, but hopefully I'm able to have some fun with it.

As for some minor game analysis:

• I agree that it's likely everyone has some sort of role.
  • I actually didn't see anything explicitly stating so, but does the kandra have a kill as well?  (Yes, Amanuensis, I'm working on my post right now :P - this is where I was mentioned, not trying to imply that Aman is the kandra...haha...although...maybe you knew I was mentioning the kandra in my post, so this was a role claim to me?)
  • I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the Thug ability differently than you Aman...but I don't think we'll be able to convince any Thugs to not protect themselves if they're up for the lynch.  If I'm reading correctly, they are only able to protect themselves in either the day or the night, right?
  • Based on the numbers in this game, I'm assuming we can expect 3-4 elims along with the kandra.
  • The hazekiller ability seems to imply that there are non-allomancers in the game.  Obviously the kandra would be in this boat.  I'm wondering if we can make a reasonable assumption that the kandra is the only non-allomancer?
  • As for the inactivity filter.  It's not as harsh as it initially seemed, but yes, I agree, please make sure to stay active everyone!  It's way more fun if everyone stays active!

Emphasis is mine.

Just going to respond to the bolded bits.

• We don't know anything about the kandra other than their win condition, sadly. They need to be the last man standing which admittedly worries me about what powers they have in store. At the very least this isn't an anonymous game so we can count on no body switching! (Also I'm not the kandra :P though I kind of wish I was. Seems fun).
  • Basically Thug's can use their ability once a cycle. If they use it during the day, it will save them from the lynch. If they use it at night, it will protect them from night kills. It doesn't run out until they would die, however, so they can use the ability every night until it's spent. What I was proposing is that if you're a Village Thug who is about to get lynched, especially early on in the game, it's best not to save yourself. There's no alignment scanning in this game, which means the only way we can know someone is good or evil for certain is by lynching. Losing out on a whole turn of information is the opposite of ideal, except maybe towards the end of the game if it gets to the point where numbers are very close.
  • Besides the kandra, I don't think there's more secrets in the game. I believe the point of the allomancy-specification is that Hazekiller's will not be able to block elim kills.

ED1T: Oh dang I got 1337 upvotes! Gotta screenshot this rep title.

Edited by Amanuensis
Respond not response dummy!

4 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Another constable walked up. Arr K. Thousantoo recognized him. "Serdig. I was just talking to this constable, asking on his suspicions." He turned. "Which he still hasn't told me. Out with it, young one."

Then he turned, seeing a third constable.

And they had tripped on the floor. He shook his head. Constables these days. When I first joined, sloppiness like that would get a man shot.

Edited by Ax's Boyfriend