Long Game 56: Discord in Elendel

StrikerEZ

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

You know, we keep referencing the Kandra as a SK, so shouldn't we consider/be worried about the Kandra having some sort of kill? (Although I'm beginning to doubt that there actually is a Kandra in this game). One thing I thought of when Aman described his "role" was that unless the second Kandra was a soother/rioter/coinshot, the best case win scenario would be a 50% lynch chance. I probably should have mentioned it, because in retrospect it doesn't make sense for a role to have such limited influence on its ability to win. Anyhow, if there is a real Kandra, we should probably consider that they likely have some way to ensure a victory near the end. 

At this point, we're hoping the Kandra has a kill so they can take out some elims. If Aman is a Lurcher, that kill won't work unless he decides to protect one of his teammates. If the Kandra does have a kill, they definitely didn't use it N1 or N3.

@Ventyl that's a bad idea, regardless of which team you are on. The game is nearing the point where the village will need every vote to avoid an elim hammer, and the elims want every possible vote so that they can hammer people. 

Besides, we are all used to getting lynched as villagers, so there won't be any hard feelings. 

Edit: Other thought, directed to everyone. If you roleclaimed to Aman, you should probably post that in the thread so that everyone is working with the same set of information as the elims are.

Edited by Araris Valerian

I roleclaimed to Aman, but did so twice with different roles, and have claimed at least four roles this game to various people, some of which I believe are Eliminators. As such, to ensure that confusion on my role continues within the Eliminator doc, I will not state which of my claims is actually true, or if any of them are at all. 

10 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Also just want to let everyone know that we are killing the Coinshot tonight, so maybe you guys should vote on who he shoots or something, if you're willing to make the risk :D

That seems like a rather poor idea, given that your team has demonstrated the ability to block attacks.

6 hours ago, Ventyl said:

Also, I’ve been on the side of two (three?) mislynches, so I think I’m just going to stop voting unless there is very hard evidence of someone being an elim. I don’t want to be apart of another mislynch

I would avoid this behavior, seeing that as we continue to approach LyLo, it becomes easier for the elims to hammer, forcing the lynch in their favor (assuming that they have some form of vote manip? Is that confirmed?). This isn’t to say that the village should continue mislynching, rather that you should try to vote, especially if you believe you’re justified.

Day 5 - Chaos

Everyone was still upset over what had happened to Rath earlier in the day as they went to bed. Many people began to suspect that Wilco had been lying about having evidence that Rath was a rebel, and Draff did so as well. They left him alone for the time being as they all went to their respective rooms for the night
As Draff attempted to focus his mind so he could sleep, he heard a crash from the room next door. Heart racing, he quickly ran out of his room as fast as he could, grabbing his pistol. He saw a figure come running down the hallway, and the door to Wilco's room was ajar. Carefully, Draff peeked in the room. Wilco was dead, his throat slit while he'd slept. He'd send someone to clean up the mess later. For now, he was going to catch this killer.
Draff ran in the direction of the killer, hoping to catch him before he could slip away. Before he rounded a corner, he heard a gunshot. He stopped, listening to see if he heard anymore footsteps. Once he was certain that the coast was clear, he peeked his head around the corner. There was a body in the middle of the hallway, around the same size as Wilco's killer. As he drew closer to the body, he saw that it was Ainm.
Except...the features were all wrong, as if the face was melting....
Oh Harmony, Draff thought, that's a Faceless Immortal. 
Draff spent some time cleaning up the mess that used to be Ainm and then searching through Wilco's room while other officers attempted to find Ainm's killer. While they couldn't find the second killer, they did discover that Wilco had some notes hidden underneath his bed. After they brought in an expert on code-breaking, they found out he had been instrumental in organizing the attacks throughout the city and keeping the rebels perpetrating the attacks away from the police's search efforts.

~

Aonar was killed! They were a Kandra!
Amanuensis was killed! They were a Rebel Lurcher!

PMs are open, but remember that each player may only make one new PM each turn. Remember to include me and Mailliw in all PMs, and group PMs ARE allowed.

There is a two-vote minimum for a lynch and a tied lynch results in one of the tied lynchees’ death.

This turn will last 48 hours and will end at 10 PM CDT on June 23rd.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Amanuensis, aka "Detective Wilco Renaud" Rebel Lurcher
  2. Ark1002, aka "Arr K. Thousantoo" Police Mistborn
  3. Lumgol, aka "TBD"
  4. Fifth Scholar, aka “Serdig Darillid”
  5. Araris Valerian, aka “Fade”
  6. Ventyl, aka “Lafay Etteax”
  7. Furamirionind, aka "Furamirionind" Police Hazekiller
  8. Rathmaskal Police Soother
  9. Devotary of Spontaneity, aka "Sindale"
  10. Sart Police Lurcher
  11. _Stick_, aka "Stick"
  12. Young Bard, aka " Nedar Latfin" Police Officer
  13. Aonar, aka "Ainm Lathair" Kandra
  14. Snipexe
  15. Straw, aka "Mertis tyl Loesp"
  16. Drake Marshall, aka “Thomas Blackburn” Police Tineye
  17. xinoehp512 Rebel Officer

Right. So. 

@StrikerEZ What are the abilities of the Kandra? Clearly it had passive scan defence, but now that it’s dead, shouldn’t we know what it does?

Pending clarification that the Kandra had an unblockable kill or something, the fact remains that Aman died last night, and he really, really shouldn’t have. He was a Lurcher, able to self-protect against any attacks against him. Therefore, the only assumption I can make is that Aman was protecting someone who was more valuable than he, and was also at greater risk of being Coinshot. The only people I can think of are Devotary, Ventyl, and potentially one of Stick, Straw or Snip if any hold valuable roles. 

One good thing is that with eight players left, and likely only two remaining Eliminators, we have some breathing room. That said, we need to lynch the correct person today; if not for Aonar, we’d be dead right now. So. Here’s the current playerlist, and my brief thoughts on each player still alive: 

1) Lumgol. Neutral for now. I’d be leaning village with the role she claimed, if it wasn’t for her extensive interactions with Aman that make me suspect the two were working together—additionally, her roleclaim was never verified. 

2) Myself. Village from personal knowledge, though I understand people may be wary given how wrong I was on Fura and Rath. I was right about Aman, but silenced my “paranoia” instead of inflaming it. 

3) Araris. Village, and my strongest read right now. This might come back to haunt me, but I simply see no reason for him to be evil. 

4) Ventyl. Neutral leaning evil. I’ve already said that I don’t expect two village soothers, though we still don’t know much about him. If there’s no Eliminator Smoker, though, I’m inclined to view him in a much more positive light. 

5) Devotary. Neutral, as an Eliminator Seeker fabricating results which benefit their team is a distinct possibility, and I’m always paranoid of Devotary given the number of successful pockets she’s pulled off on me. I think Devotary and Ventyl, or Devotary and Lumgol, make the most sense if she is actually evil. Particularly, I don’t like Aman scanning her as village, nor do I like him backing off the idea of her lynch at the last second D3. 

6) Stick—Neutral leaning village. Probably my largest suspicion for an Eliminator Smoker, but otherwise her record, while not clean, looks honest. 

7) Snipexe—Leaning Eliminator, for reasons I will set out later when I do another full analysis (hopefully) of all remaining players. 

8) Straw—Neutral. Ultimately, I don’t have enough content to accurately judge Straw yet, and would like to see a bit more out of him. I initially suspected him for his participation in the D2 lynch, but now realise that it’s a bit dumb and hypocritical. 

4 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

@StrikerEZ What are the abilities of the Kandra? Clearly it had passive scan defence, but now that it’s dead, shouldn’t we know what it does?

Those secrets will be revealed once the game is over. 

12 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I guess the Kandra had some sort of ability to block Seeker scans. Still, I'm not sure why Aonar claimed(likely accurately) to have killed Xino, nor why we was willing to tank the elim kill. This might mean we don't have a Coinshot after all, but the Kandra killing two elims for us is most appreciated.

1. You tried scanning him? Did you scan him last turn or at some other point in time? 2. What? Did Aonar claim that PMs? I don't think he ever claimed that in-thread...As far as I can tell, these kills could've been a coinshot's doing too. The writeup didn't reveal anything about the kandra's abilities. Though I think it's safe to assume everything Aman said about the kandra abilities was bullcrap xD

6 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

One good thing is that with eight players left, and likely only two remaining Eliminators, we have some breathing room.

Or even just one if we're lucky! Either way I'm feeling pretty good. :D 

Not sure where you stand in my suspicions list anymore, Fifth. You have everything to make me suspicious enough, but given Aman's alignment reveal, your reaction to the WGG seems to point towards you being village. hm. 

Anyway my suspicions for the remaining elims are Ventyl and Lum (because of interactions with Aman), and Devotary has some potential too. More importantly, I want to take a closer look at Straw and Snip this turn. Which...I will get around to doing at some point >> do I regret joining this game in the middle of finals? Ha ha you betcha

2 hours ago, Ventyl said:

At this point everyone probably knows my role. So I’ll just say it in the thread, I’m a Soother. I Soothed Devotarys vote awhile ago, but apart from that I haven’t done any other actions (except vote).

iNtErEsTiNg. Two village soothers? I agree with Fifth that doesn't sound very likely. And on top of that, your trust for Aman throughout the game is suspicious too. For now Ventyl

But, yknow, we'll see. Haven't looked at Straw and Snip yet

I'm sort of suspicious of Ventyl as well, although there's not really anything imbalanced with 2 village soothers. I do expect the elims to have either a soother, rioter, or seeker, but I don't know how helpful that is for finding one of them. @Ventyl Why do you say everyone knows your role? I have basically 0 knowledge of people's roles, hence my suggestion for people to claim if they thought elims knew.

I'm not really sure what to make of Fifth, and could totally see the Fifth-Aman interactions this game being something they fabricated.

On the topic of Snipexe, I sent him a PM asking for his current suspicions during the night cycle and still haven't heard back.

If I were a Coinshot, I'd probably shoot Straw, since I don't think Straw has really given us enough content to do analysis on. I'd say that it is an elim tell, but it's just Straw.

Devotary made a post last cycle that gave me village vibes, but now that Aonar is revealed to be Kandra I'm beginning to think Devotary might be elim.

I'll try and do a more in depth analysis post today. I would also ask that all other players also do some analysis, whether that just means listing who they think the elims are or actually rereading the thread and going in depth. We need everyone to be posting suspicions to help root out elims.

41 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

Okay, I’m an elim.  B)

:0 

edit: I can’t tell whether that’s an actual claim, elim!ventyl joking to try and sound not too worried, or just village!ventyl joking 

Edited by _Stick_

3 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

1. You tried scanning him? Did you scan him last turn or at some other point in time? 2. What? Did Aonar claim that PMs? I don't think he ever claimed that in-thread...As far as I can tell, these kills could've been a coinshot's doing too.

D3, I claimed Seeker to Ventyl, and he claimed to have been the Soother who removed my vote. 3 hours after Ventyl responded, Aman asked me in PM whether I'd be willing to scan Xino's killer to make sure they weren't the Kandra. I requested that Aman not tell me who the killer was until the lynch on Sart was resolved, but then ~10 minutes before rollover, Aonar claimed to have been the one Aman wanted me to Seek. I was afraid of dying N3, so I Seeked Aonar D3 and he turned up roleless. Aonar then said he had been lying to Aman, and agreed to continue the pretense of being a Coinshot in the hopes of eating an elim kill. I never told Aman my scan results except to say that Aonar wasn't a Kandra, which turned out to be false.

Last night, I made another choice that turned out poorly, and action scanned Ventyl instead of Aman as I believed Aman would be self-protecting. Ventyl did not make any evident action, and since he would be the logical choice to submit the kill as he had a free action, I'm inclined to believe he's village or on a team with a Smoker. 

Edit: D4, I told Fifth that I had scanned Aonar as roleless.

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

3 hours ago, Ventyl said:

Okay, I’m an elim.  B)

Hmm. I dislike these manoeuvres with a passion, as while I’m a fan of gambits, I’ve never particularly understood the mindset which leads people to troll like this. Whether as a villager or Eliminator, it makes me disinclined to view Ventyl favourably, and pending further analysis, which will hopefully appear tonight or tomorrow, I’m fine leaving my vote here. @Ventyl, rather than trolling, would you mind sharing your thoughts beyond a simple roleclaim? 

1 minute ago, Mailliw73 said:

Ew, what is this blasphemy?

The worst mistake in British spelling. I’ll admit maneuver looks nicer, but British spellings are a package deal when it comes to autocorrect, and as everything else looks infinitely nicer I’ll let this one go. :P 

Wait, I thought of something. 

So, I think y’all are suspicious of me becuase of my interaction with Aman and trusting him. If that’s the case then shouldn’t we be suspicious of everyone who voted on Rath? Also Stick, Aman pocketed me, I fell for it too, mainly because this is my first game and I’m not that bright. So if me getting pocketed is suspicious then lynch me.

I won’t have to worry about @StrikerEZ constantly telling me to check the thread if I die, right? I’ll also get join the spec doc, so I mean I don’t want to die, but it’s gonna happen so, why not look at the brightside. 

1 hour ago, Straw said:

@Ventyl why are you roleclaiming?

Becuase, I want to roleclaim.