StrikerEZ

Long Game 56: Discord in Elendel

627 posts in this topic

For now, I'll ask for a spec doc link once the game begins. If there are any significant increases in my availability to play, then I will change to player before the game begins.

54 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

For now, I'll ask for a spec doc link once the game begins. If there are any significant increases in my availability to play, then I will change to player before the game begins.

Okay, just remember to tag me about it before the end of signups!

Sounds good.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:28 AM, StrikerEZ said:

We must prevent Discord from reigning supreme.

How else would we chat outside the Shard though

6 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

How else would we chat outside the Shard though

<_< 

Really? That's the joke you're going with? :P

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

<_< 

Really? That's the joke you're going with? :P

Expect nothing less of me.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:28 AM, StrikerEZ said:

We must prevent Discord from reigning supreme.

New Shardname reveal?!?!?!

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

:blink: woah

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

8 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

:blink: woah

Well of Ascension or Hero of Ages foreshadowed Harmony eventually becoming Discord, I believe.

EDIT: The Final Empire, actually. Chapter 8's epigraph.

"He shall defend their ways, yet shall violate them. He will be their savior, yet they shall call him heretic. His name shall be Discord, yet they shall love him for it."

Edited by dvnts

Just now, dvnts said:

Well of Ascension or Hero of Ages foreshadowed Harmony eventually becoming Discord, I believe.

Wait, really? Where can I find this?

Also, just realized for the first time this is Era 2 Mistborn. I am considering changing my RP character now, but... Nah.

Furamirionind is totally an immortal worldhopper who can time travel, right, though? @Furamirionind

Just now, Lumgol said:

Furamirionind is totally an immortal worldhopper who can time travel, right, though? @Furamirionind

Oh, lol. I mean, I suppose? If you are counting me, the player, as Furamirionind.

I was Counting Furamirionind as a specific person on a specific world, with a specific powerset (that keeps changing)... I will just have to RP a reason she is still alive. : ) I haven't worked out what it will be yet.

@StrikerEZ I've finally turned my name back to what it should be :P if you'd kindly readjust it in the player list.

As a heads up, I will be helping co-GM this game. :) 

@Mailliw73 Yeah, I meant to post the update last night, but I went to sleep instead. :P

Okay, a bit of a rule change: the ability to not be affected by an allomancer's action if you're a hazekiller will be changed from a passive ability to an ability that requires submitting an action.

Sindale, a young Koloss-blooded woman, has been sent on a mission to determine the identity and intent of the new Mistborn rumoured to be living in Elendel. Bad enough that Harmony could seize control of the entire spiked population at will, an unknown quantity such as this Mistborn would have to be assessed and potentially removed if they were determined to be a threat to the Koloss. Though Sindale herself has no spikes, and is thus not capable of being directly controlled with emotional allomancy, she wears her aluminium foil hat at all times. 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:16 AM, StrikerEZ said:

Do you have a character name?

Btw, in case my original response didn't satisfy you, I kind of decided on the spot that I was going to RP a character with amnesia who might discover his name if I don't get killed too soon.

Signing up. Name and RP sometime this weekend.

5 hours ago, Rathmaskal said:

Btw, in case my original response didn't satisfy you, I kind of decided on the spot that I was going to RP a character with amnesia who might discover his name if I don't get killed too soon.

I think that's perfectly fine, I was just wondering what I should put for your character's name in my master spreadsheet until that happens. XD

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I think that's perfectly fine, I was just wondering what I should put for your character's name in my master spreadsheet until that happens. XD

Hmmm, I'm trying to remember if they ever used a John Doe equivalent in MB Era 2.  Let's start with 'X' unless I can find a reference.

Also, a question came up amongst the dead in the current LG - for the inactivity filter, just to make sure I (we) understand, if you post twice D1 and then not again, when would you be killed?  And if you post twice each day turn but never at night, would you be killed at any point?

Edited by Rathmaskal
typo

3 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

Hmmm, I'm trying to remember if they every used a John Doe equivalent in MB Era 2.  Let's start with 'X' unless I can find a reference.

Also, a question came up amongst the dead in the current LG - for the inactivity filter, just to make sure I (we) understand, if you post twice D1 and then not again, when would you be killed?  And if you post twice each day turn but never at night, would you be killed at any point?

If you posted twcie D1 and never again, you'd be killed N3. You have to go two full Cycles without meeting the post requirement in order to get kicked for inactivity.

Signing up as Stick.:D

Finals start soon, so while I’ll try my best to not die to the inactivity filter, I won’t be at my highest activity levels. :[ 

Question - are group PMs allowed?

Oh, and if you have two posts in the day but only one at night, does - wait I see that this has already been asked and answered. Such similar minds. :ph34r:

33 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Question - are group PMs allowed?

Yes.

This’ll be my last game; I’m signing up as Nedar Latfin.

I’ll probably be inactive, but hopefully not.