Long Game 56: Discord in Elendel

StrikerEZ

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

And the tunnel continues -_- when I'm dead, someone please kill Fifth

Tonight works too, though I admire Aman’s persistence in trying to do the exact thing I said he would. After your comments last cycle, you can hardly blame anyone in the village for this outcome—your own decision brought this down upon your head.

Just now, Fifth Scholar said:

Tonight works too, though I admire Aman’s persistence in trying to do the exact thing I said he would. After your comments last cycle, you can hardly blame anyone in the village for this outcome—your own decision brought this down upon your head.

I don't blame ya'll. It really is my own fault for going all-in on there not being two village Lurchers. Which is why I'm done defending myself and hoping I can actually pin some elims, knowing this.

1. Amanuensis: A good boy. Has done no harm to anyone (other than Sart. Sorry, Sart :unsure:).
  2. Mrake Darshall: Obviously village if he was saved by Sart.
  3. Ventyl: An absolute legend. This man broke a whole role in his first game ever. That's the kind of stuff we should aspire for. No doubt in my mind that he's village.
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity: Based on Drake's attack last night, I believe the elims were trying to set Devotary up for a mislynch after his death. Also seems very genuine in our PM. Would be perfectly okay giving her every last one of my Villager Bucks (TM).
  5. Lumgol: A nice lady. Probably honest about her role, and unlikely to be evil. No real proof of innocence, though.
  6. Aonar: While a lot of people think Aonar's post about Xino on N2 makes him look village, I'm not so willing to jump that gun. An eliminator on Xino's team would probably feel genuine frustration with their lack of activity as well as a Villager, if not more so because it effectively costs them a teammate. I wouldn't pursue Aonar immediately, but I don't think he's as Village as others seem to. I would examine which players commented on Aonar's frustration of Xino, as they could very well be villagers eliminators trying to get him some credit for Xino's kill.
  7. Snipexe: Wait? @Snipexe is in this game?  Oh right, looking at his profile, he's the one who brought up the elim!Fifth stuff. Since I suspect Fifth, I'll give him yellow, but he really needs to be more active going forward, and scrutinized by others more.
  8. Straw: @Straw where are you? Have you been keeping up with the game? The only post I remember of yours was when you voted for Fura over Devotary. As usual, Straw is probably village, but like Snipexe, needs to get involved more.
  9. Araris Valerian: As usual, Araris is an enigma. It's very hard to recognize his alignment due to playstyle, so unfortunately he's doomed to forever remain within my Process of Elimination. Would lynch sooner rather than later.
  10. Rathmaskal: One of my top suspects. Was present at the end of D1's turn over and didn't participate in the Ark/Drake lynch. Since D2 I have suspected the eliminators were trying to get rid of Fura and Devotary while ignoring him on purpose. Would Coinshot/Lynch in a heartbeat.
  11. _Stick_: Funny how Stick speculates me being on a team with half players I'm village reading and half I'm confident of being elims. Would not be surprised at all of a Fifth/Stick/Rath team, based on her post this turn alone.
  12. Fifth: My top suspect. At a certain point an Honourary Eliminator is probably just an Eliminator. Has been pushing narratives of a lot of innocents being evil, and has been on the wrong side of every lynch. 
Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

Snipexe: Wait? @Snipexe is in this game?  Oh right, looking at his profile, he's the one who brought up the elim!Fifth stuff. Since I suspect Fifth, I'll give him yellow, but he really needs to be more active going forward, and scrutinized by others more.

Sorry, I keep trying to write longer analysis posts like I wrote last night turn, but things in the thread change too fast, or I run out of time. Would people prefer it if I posted shorter stuff about this length? It would increase my activity, but it would decrease the amount of content I’m contributing to the game.

46 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Sorry, I keep trying to write longer analysis posts like I wrote last night turn, but things in the thread change too fast, or I run out of time. Would people prefer it if I posted shorter stuff about this length? It would increase my activity, but it would decrease the amount of content I’m contributing to the game.

If my opinion is still valid, I think posting more frequently would help. Even little pieces of thoughts and opinions are better than none.

Inb4 Aman/Snip elim theories :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

If my opinion is still valid, I think posting more frequently would help. Even little pieces of thoughts and opinions are better than none.

Inb4 Aman/Snip elim theories :rolleyes:

I’m looking closer at Aman/Rath and Aman/Lum theories but could pursue this line should you wish me to. :P 

11 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I’m looking closer at Aman/Rath and Aman/Lum theories but could pursue this line should you wish me to. :P 

I mean, any theory of me paired with another player is immediately wrong. But sure :lol:

Edited by Amanuensis
Changed "with" to "of"

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:
  1. Straw: @Straw where are you? Have you been keeping up with the game? The only post I remember of yours was when you voted for Fura over Devotary. As usual, Straw is probably village, but like Snipexe, needs to get involved more.

You are correct about me being village. :P

I've been travelling, which is why I've not been as active. I currently need to read up on the events of the last turn.

1 minute ago, Straw said:

You are correct about me being village. :P

I've been travelling, which is why I've not been as active. I currently need to read up on the events of the last turn.

Good to know :lol:

I had no idea! Hope you enjoyed your trip. You've missed a lot, so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

9 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

1. If I knew Sart was a Village!Lurcher, I would also know that getting him lynched would end with my lynch too. So why would I do it? Why would I not let the Devotary lynch go, or the Drake lynch?

2. It's very clear I had no idea that Sart was a Villager, not to mention the sheer confidence I had in him being an elim should be an incredible indicator that I've been serious this whole time.

3. I'm re-evaluating my stance on Fifth, too. I think he was going for the Drake Mislynch so hard because he knew as soon as Sart died, my death would follow. Now they can't mislynch Drake later because Sart made it obvious he was a Villager. It makes a lot of sense considering we blocked both the elims first and second night kill.

1. I'm not sure you had a choice. Sart being a lurcher was going to come up soon no matter what happened. You'd look better if you confronted it, sounding like a 100% certain villager, and also managed to take out the village lurcher (who you may not be able to kill otherwise) in the process. Openly supporting the lynch on me wasn't really an option either, because everything before this cycle pointed to you have a strong village read of me, and I don't think I would be the only one who would have called you on that reversal.
  2. The degree of confidence is actually a little suspicious. I'd buy 90% sure that Sart is an elim, but 100? You don't strike me as the type to exaggerate needlessly. Except, I think you actually do exaggerate when you're hiding something. When I talked about two lurchers being a possibility, and you were making a show of disagreeing with it in-thread to hide your role, you wondered if a villager has ever blocked two attacks in a row, which I remember sounding pretty out of character.
    • There's also the fact that sheer confidence has obviously netted certain players (Fifth comes to mind) a great deal of trust despite arguably not doing the village very many favors. If I were an evil role in this game, I'd be toying with the idea of exploiting that dynamic right about now.
  3. This. I forgot to mention this last cycle, but this is another reason I am suspicious of you. When I log on, Aman and Fifth have been extensively in contact, and Fifth is now fully geared up to lynch me. Fifth is citing Aman's reasoning for why I am evil, meanwhile Aman is making a big show in-thread and in-PM of disagreeing with lynching me despite having provided said reasoning. And is also perfectly content not to suggest an alternative lynch target despite clearly having opinions about other players. It was hard to put my finger on what the discrepency was at first, but it looks an awful lot like Aman was manipulating Fifth while pretending to be opposed to what Fifth was doing.
    • It doesn't help that this happened not very long after I told Aman something to the effect of "I trust your abilities enough that I'd find it fishy if you didn't catch any evils in the next few cycles; I hope that isn't unfair", and this is the response.
    • I suppose the other option is that Aman and Fifth are elim teammates making one last show of distancing, in which case the massive reversal of Aman's read on Fifth makes sense. But I kind of doubt the pair of them are good enough actors that they could be teammates at this point.
Edited by MrakeDarshall

16 hours ago, MrakeDarshall said:

The third option is that Aman is the SK. I think SK!Aman generally fits a bit better than elim!Aman. I'd wager Aman already has a good explanation ready for why they aren't an elim, and I'm betting it's going to be true.

SK!Aman is not a dedicated Lurcher and presumably survived with an extra life or a Mistborn self-protect. He would have to assume that there was probably another Lurcher out there when he claimed. As a Kandra who absolutely cannot afford to go 1v1 against someone and be wrong, going up against Sart like that is foolish without knowing for sure that Sart would flip elim. As Sart is village, this was not the case Additionally, if Aman had been Seeked at any point and found to not be a Lurcher, he'd be sunk.

Elim!Aman is probably more likely. In this scenario, Aman pulls a WGG on himself, and claims Lurcher when he comes under fire for it. I'm not sure what his plan was if another Lurcher did end up claiming, as a 1 for 1 trade is far from ideal. Just hope the Mistborn was the only village source of iron? Bank on being able to kill a village Lurcher before they claimed? Aman apparently suspected Sart was the one to protect Drake before Sart claimed in thread. Even though Sart had not yet started to push the idea that the second Lurcher was automatically evil, elim!Aman assumes he's dead, as two village Lurchers plus a Mistborn seemed unlikely and nobody would ever believe that Sart protected him N1, so Aman sets up a 1 for 1 trade where at least Sart dies first. I can definitely see how this could happen, it just involves the elim team making some needless mistakes/Aman having a grand plan that involves bussing himself in exchange for role info and trust for his teammates.

Village!Aman protects himself N1. When Drake survives N2 and denies being a Thug, Aman becomes worried that an elim!Lurcher saved Drake. I don't know how @Amanuensis would have gotten from here to saying that he didn't agree with lynching Drake. According to my PM with Aman, this was partially due to Fifth's certainty that Drake was evil, and if not, that Aman was evil. The other part was about reflecting on N2 events, and I'm not sure what that's referring to. Elim!Aman goes after Sart because he sees no other choice, but why does village!Aman switch?

If Aman is evil, attacking him tonight probably won't do much good. Better to lynch him tomorrow unless we get a vig kill on an elim who doesn't fit on an elim!Aman team. The problem with that of course is those sorts of players are villagers assuming elim!Aman. 

2 hours ago, MrakeDarshall said:
  1. I'm not sure you had a choice. Sart being a lurcher was going to come up soon no matter what happened. You'd look better if you confronted it, sounding like a 100% certain villager, and also managed to take out the village lurcher (who you may not be able to kill otherwise) in the process. Openly supporting the lynch on me wasn't really an option either, because everything before this cycle pointed to you have a strong village read of me, and I don't think I would be the only one who would have called you on that reversal.
  2. The degree of confidence is actually a little suspicious. I'd buy 90% sure that Sart is an elim, but 100? You don't strike me as the type to exaggerate needlessly. Except, I think you actually do exaggerate when you're hiding something. When I talked about two lurchers being a possibility, and you were making a show of disagreeing with it in-thread to hide your role, you wondered if a villager has ever blocked two attacks in a row, which I remember sounding pretty out of character.
    • There's also the fact that sheer confidence has obviously netted certain players (Fifth comes to mind) a great deal of trust despite arguably not doing the village very many favors. If I were an evil role in this game, I'd be toying with the idea of exploiting that dynamic right about now.
  3. This. I forgot to mention this last cycle, but this is another reason I am suspicious of you. When I log on, Aman and Fifth have been extensively in contact, and Fifth is now fully geared up to lynch me. Fifth is citing Aman's reasoning for why I am evil, meanwhile Aman is making a big show in-thread and in-PM of disagreeing with lynching me despite having provided said reasoning. And is also perfectly content not to suggest an alternative lynch target despite clearly having opinions about other players. It was hard to put my finger on what the discrepency was at first, but it looks an awful lot like Aman was manipulating Fifth while pretending to be opposed to what Fifth was doing.
    • It doesn't help that this happened not very long after I told Aman something to the effect of "I trust your abilities enough that I'd find it fishy if you didn't catch any evils in the next few cycles; I hope that isn't unfair", and this is the response.
    • I suppose the other option is that Aman and Fifth are elim teammates making one last show of distancing, in which case the massive reversal of Aman's read on Fifth makes sense. But I kind of doubt the pair of them are good enough actors that they could be teammates at this point.

I did have a choice, though not at that specific point I guess. If I was an eliminator I would known better than to do a D1 WGG when I know nothing about village role distribution, not to mention the fact that the kandra is a complete unknown. I even said in the post right after that I'd have done a WGG, but more likely on the 2nd or 3rd night. After all, besides Fifth's paranoia, it's not like I was in danger of being lynched. And honestly if it was a WGG, why wouldn't I claim Thug in PMs instead? It would have been much smarter to say what I did in the thread about someone else saving me while PMing people I "trust" that I was a Thug after all. Not to mention that if I was an elim!Lurcher, it'd be better to not give that away, wouldn't it? My point here is I was honest, and the honesty is coming back to bite me in ways I couldn't anticipate because I didn't know enough about how the game was distributed at the time. I made the same assumption as everyone else - that there was only 1 Village Lurcher - and I acted on it, both on D2 and yesterday. Now I guess I'm paying the price.

Regarding you, in my PM with @Fifth Scholar I was almost convinced of a world in which you were evil, Drake, but it made less and less sense as I thought through the implications, while Fifth latched onto it. I began to suspect it was a reverse-WGG to discredit you/him/me and to set up multiple mislynches in a row. It's part of the reason my suspicion of Fifth has risen so much.

The over-exaggeration is more a personality quirk I've developed in the last few months. My friend group at college often says 100% when we don't actually mean 100%. Same goes for the over-use of exclamation marks when I'm excited. Of course, on this subject you really have to take me at my word, so if anything I'd ask we just put this aside as NAI.

I can't attest for things Fifth ran with that we discussed in PMs. After your attack/survival I was literally racking my brain trying to figure out what happened and what it means. I believe I've even rambled in a few other PMs like that. Basically I was putting my thoughts onto paper (PMs) to make sense of things and bouncing those ideas onto other people. The problem is, Fifth and I fundamentally disagreed on several points, like you flipping Village = me flipping Eliminator. It's a large part of the reason I was no longer willing to join his vote on you and was searching for alternatives.

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

SK!Aman is not a dedicated Lurcher and presumably survived with an extra life or a Mistborn self-protect. He would have to assume that there was probably another Lurcher out there when he claimed. As a Kandra who absolutely cannot afford to go 1v1 against someone and be wrong, going up against Sart like that is foolish without knowing for sure that Sart would flip elim. As Sart is village, this was not the case Additionally, if Aman had been Seeked at any point and found to not be a Lurcher, he'd be sunk.

Elim!Aman is probably more likely. In this scenario, Aman pulls a WGG on himself, and claims Lurcher when he comes under fire for it. I'm not sure what his plan was if another Lurcher did end up claiming, as a 1 for 1 trade is far from ideal. Just hope the Mistborn was the only village source of iron? Bank on being able to kill a village Lurcher before they claimed? Aman apparently suspected Sart was the one to protect Drake before Sart claimed in thread. Even though Sart had not yet started to push the idea that the second Lurcher was automatically evil, elim!Aman assumes he's dead, as two village Lurchers plus a Mistborn seemed unlikely and nobody would ever believe that Sart protected him N1, so Aman sets up a 1 for 1 trade where at least Sart dies first. I can definitely see how this could happen, it just involves the elim team making some needless mistakes/Aman having a grand plan that involves bussing himself in exchange for role info and trust for his teammates.

Village!Aman protects himself N1. When Drake survives N2 and denies being a Thug, Aman becomes worried that an elim!Lurcher saved Drake. I don't know how @Amanuensis would have gotten from here to saying that he didn't agree with lynching Drake. According to my PM with Aman, this was partially due to Fifth's certainty that Drake was evil, and if not, that Aman was evil. The other part was about reflecting on N2 events, and I'm not sure what that's referring to. Elim!Aman goes after Sart because he sees no other choice, but why does village!Aman switch?

If Aman is evil, attacking him tonight probably won't do much good. Better to lynch him tomorrow unless we get a vig kill on an elim who doesn't fit on an elim!Aman team. The problem with that of course is those sorts of players are villagers assuming elim!Aman. 

Devotary lays it out pretty well here. For those who are familiar with me as a player, do you think I'd overlook something as huge as a village!Lurcher coming out later? Doesn't it make a lot more sense that I thought I was the only one?

Edited by Amanuensis

Day 4 - It Was A Quiet Night

It seemed that, after the chaos of the day, most of the officers seemed to just want to go to sleep or talk amongst themselves. Draff was perfectly fine with that, because he wasn’t sure how much kore stress he could take before something bad happened again. Because he knew it would.

Since nothing incriminating had been found in Sart’s possession, people were beginning to suspect Wilco of being a rebel. Obviously, he adamantly denied these claims. Some believed him, some didn’t. Draff felt it was best to stay out of that. If he voiced his opinion either way, who knew if Wilco would survive the night.

Draff couldn’t sleep that night because he kept getting nightmares about a strange monster ravaging the city, except no one could see it. Finally, he decided to just walk through the halls of the station to keep his mind off things.

That’s when he found Thomas’s body.

The poor man. He’d survived the last beating just to die with a knife in his back this time. Draff began mentally preparing himself to write yet another letter to some unlucky family.

~

MrakeDarshall was killed! They were a Police Tineye!

PMs are open, but remember that each player may only make one new PM each turn. Remember to include me and Mailliw in all PMs, and group PMs ARE allowed.

There is a two-vote minimum for a lynch and a tied lynch results in one of the tied lynchees’ death.

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Amanuensis, aka "Detective Wilco Renaud"
  2. Ark1002, aka "Arr K. Thousantoo" Police Mistborn
  3. Lumgol, aka "TBD"
  4. Fifth Scholar, aka “Serdig Darillid”
  5. Araris Valerian, aka “Fade”
  6. Ventyl, aka “Lafay Etteax”
  7. Furamirionind, aka "Furamirionind" Police Hazekiller
  8. Rathmaskal
  9. Devotary of Spontaneity, aka "Sindale"
  10. Sart Police Lurcher
  11. _Stick_, aka "Stick"
  12. Young Bard, aka " Nedar Latfin" Police Officer
  13. Aonar, aka "Ainm Lathair"
  14. Snipexe
  15. Straw, aka "Mertis tyl Loesp"
  16. Drake Marshall, aka “Thomas Blackburn” Police Tineye
  17. xinoehp512 Rebel Officer

I’m moving rollover back a couple hours because this will make my life easier once I leave for Italy at the beginning of July. This turn will last 50.5 hours and will end at 10 PM CDT on June 20th  

Right. 

Aman promised me in a PM that he would protect Drake tonight. That clearly didn’t happen.

So. In conjunction with everything I said last night, Amanuensis. I know he’ll try to explain that he was hazekilled so that a presumed Eliminator team with myself on it could kill Drake. The actual Eliminators, of which Aman is almost certainly one, probably set this kill up to frame me in such a manner, and I refuse to allow it, which is why I’m heading it off now. Anyone curious about my role and actions last night should PM me and I’ll tell them. Luckily, I had the sense not to tell my true role to Aman, even when suggesting the gambit. 

Aman for obvious reasons. 

I will note the lack of coinshot/kandra/Mistborn/whatever-killed-xino kill

7 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

MrakeDarshall was killed! They were a Police Tineye!

PMs are thankfully still open, so there’s another tineye around. 

12 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Day 4 - It Was A Quiet Night

Followed by a quiet day...

Okay, so. I did not promise to protect Drake. Fifth asked if I were Village, who would I burn iron to protect (then mentioned Drake specifically), and  I gave him an answer similar to "That would be the best call." It was a non-committal answer, and it was non-committal because I'm not actually a Lurcher. I'm sorry about lying about that, but at the time I believed it to make the most sense, because in actuality I'm the kandra.

Some people may remember my post on D2 where I speculated on the kandra:

This all said, I have a concern I would like to address. It's pretty much entirely speculation based on info we don't have about the kandra, but I have been trying to figure out a way the kandra role might work without a night kill.

Given kandra's are known for the ability to disguise themselves as dead people (and the fact this isn't an anonymous game that would allow for the usual mechanic), I'm wondering if it works as kind of infection. With the goal to be the last player standing, the kandra may require being killed to win. The way it might work is that in the event of the kandra being lynched, they can choose among the voters who they infect. In the event of a night kill, whoever puts the kill in would become the new kandra. Write up wise, it would be like the kandra died, but really one of the killers becomes the new kandra, and their win con changes to die as well.

Strategically, it would make the most sense to play like a Town of Salem Jester, I.E. intentionally acting suspicious enough to be lynched so they have more options of who continues their legacy. The goal would be for the kandra to collectively work to ensure the last player alive is the kandra. It's a way for the kandra to jump between alignments without breaking the game, too, since if an eliminator became the kandra they would have no reason to spill their teammates names to the village, as they're now effectively neutral with an unrelated win con to the village/elim war.

Chances of this being true are probably 1/100, but it's something that crossed my mind, and I figured it would be better to air it out in the thread rather than let it lie (especially since Fura would be the most obvious candidate for a role like this).

ED2T:

@StrikerEZ, is there a chance of other secrets existing in this game? Or is the kandra guaranteed to be the only one?

My main issue with this concept is how would we remove the kandra for good.

As people can see, Fura and I weren't teammates. I didn't post this to try and weasel them out of the lynch. I posted it in case I needed to claim my true role later, and here we are. And while I know everyone's first extinct is "SERIAL KILLER! KILL IT WITH FIRE!", here's the thing. I'm not a Serial Killer. I'm an Agent of Harmony. All I want is peace, and sadly my God has told me to achieve that, I need to get all players on both sides of this conflict killed. For the Good of Elendel.

Problem is, my only weapon is the lynch. I have been given the ability to help set people on the right course (see next paragraph), but otherwise I can't do any real harm. Likewise, the only weapon that can hurt me is the lynch, because as you have seen, the first part of my abilities is immunity from night kills. I did legitimately make the mistake of claiming Lurcher over Thug, but the reason I went with that option was in the off chance I was attacked twice. I wouldn't be able to explain surviving two times otherwise, so I dressed it up as me self-protecting. I had not anticipated being attacked N1, and especially not Sart saving Drake's life N2, but once that happened, I knew that the jig was practically up. So I prayed to Harmony that Sart was actually an elim that pulled a Reverse!WGG with hopes of riding on the credit of killing him until the endgame.

Remember how I said I was given the ability to set people on the right course? While the night kill immunity is a passive ability, I also have the active ability to scan people's alignments. I shared my results from the first two nights with the Coinshot last night, the first of which is an eliminator. I was kinda hoping the Coinshot would kill him last night to help me prove my claim, but alas, they decided to hold back, presumably to wait for more information or proof. And before anyone asks, I feel the reason why I didn't come forward about this player's alignment should be obvious. I couldn't reveal this information without making my true nature known, so I needed to find legitimate proof first. Not to mention I wanted to see how that player would interact with others / vote with hopes of determining their allies.

I don't know why I'm beating around the bush about it. That eliminator is Rath.

After the events of D1, I pretty much chose him on a whim. I had a Village read of Drake so I found it odd how there were three players present at turnover who didn't act. I didn't suspect Fura at the time (see my posts around then, where I mentioned the possibility of TWTBW), and Devotary was just as much an unknown as Rath, so in the end it actually just came down to a coin flip. Heads Rath, Tails Devotary. I got heads.

So naturally, when Rath ended up voting for Fura, I wholeheartedly believed she was innocent. I started to message PM contacts with hopes of getting them off the lynch, and even requested a Soother who claimed to me to take a vote off of Fura. Sadly it wasn't enough, and Rath got what he wanted.

After that, I figured Devotary was a teammate that he saved and scanned her. She came back Village, which is why I started defending her D3. Since I trusted Drake + Ventyl and Fura had been lynched, I convinced myself that Sart's tunnel on Devotary was fabricated. When I started to put the pieces together and figured out he was the Lurcher who claimed to Drake, I became convinced of the reverse!WGG angle and decided my best shot at victory was going all in on him to prove myself.

I was wrong, and here we are.

I was also wrong about Fifth. Sorry Fifth. I scanned him last night, and he came back village too.

I told this to the Coinshot when I claimed kandra last night, but historically when I'm a neutral or serial killer type role, I always side with the village when I realize I can no longer win the game. The best example of this is MR15, a game when I was a part of a third serial killer faction, the Jeskeri Mysteries Cultists. I was on a team with four other players, the first of which got lynched very early, the second went completely inactive, and the third was Meta who got killed by the eliminators on N2. When it was discovered in thread that I was a part of the SK team I begged them to let me help, and I did. I was considered an honorary villager that game for my part in the game going forward, and I would really appreciate the chance to do that again in this game.

I understand if people are skeptical or wary. And I'd be lying if I said I don't still hope I can get a win out of this game. I'm going to be honest here because so far lies have gotten me nowhere, and at this point, I think the Village deserves to know.

If you lynch me, I will die. But I also will get to choose any current living player and turn them into the new kandra. The new kandra does not have the same abilities as me - in fact, they will retain their original power, which is a big part of the reason why I've been trying to find out everyone's roles (so I can make the best, most informed decision). And if / when you do find and lynch them (or if the elims / Coinshot kill them), then they're dead for good. No more kandra. No more chances for me to win.

So I guess it's up to you guys where things go from here. I would like to continue helping the village, and I would like to prove that by lynching an eliminator (Rath) today instead.

ED1T:

• (3) AmandraFifth ScholarAraris Valerian, _Stick_
  • (1) RebelmaskalAmandra
Edited by Amanuensis

Hmmmm. 

Okay. Amanuensis, I take back what I said earlier. You can still talk me out of your lynch. But only for one more cycle. :P The logic here is that if Aman is telling the truth, Rath is not only an Eliminator but also a Soother, and killing him will cripple the evil team’s voting power and ability to hammer. Tomorrow, unless something truly crazy comes up, I will continue to support an Aman lynch though. 

More thoughts on this in a bit. 

Edited by Fifth Scholar
Coloured Rath’s name

...this game's crazy

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

I understand if people are skeptical or wary. And I'd be lying if I said I don't still hope I can get a win out of this game. I'm going to be honest here because so far lies have gotten me nowhere, and at this point, I think the Village deserves to know.

If you lynch me, I will die. But I also will get to choose any current living player and turn them into the new kandra. The new kandra does not have the same abilities as me - in fact, they will retain their original power, which is a big part of the reason why I've been trying to find out everyone's roles (so I can make the best, most informed decision). And if / when you do find and lynch them (or if the elims / Coinshot kill them), then they're dead for good. No more kandra. No more chances for me to win.

So I guess it's up to you guys where things go from here. I would like to continue helping the village, and I would like to prove that by lynching an eliminator (Rath) today instead.

Emphasis Mine

Your wincon is still as stated in the rules: to be the last player standing, so we'll have to lynch you at some point. And because the coinshot apparently claimed to you (seriously guys y'all have to chill with these claims :P), you'll just choose them as your new host and then go on a killing spree...That's one horrifying thought. I don't know if there's a way we can prevent it? Thoughts, everyone?

21 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Hmmmm. 

Okay. Amanuensis, I take back what I said earlier. You can still talk me out of your lynch. But only for one more cycle. :P The logic here is that if Aman is telling the truth, Rath is not only an Eliminator but also a Soother, and killing him will cripple the evil team’s voting power and ability to hammer. Tomorrow, unless something truly crazy comes up, I will continue to support an Aman lynch though. 

More thoughts on this in a bit. 

wait why is Rath a Soother if Aman's telling the truth?

22 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

...this game's crazy

Emphasis Mine

Your wincon is still as stated in the rules: to be the last player standing, so we'll have to lynch you at some point. And because the coinshot apparently claimed to you (seriously guys y'all have to chill with these claims :P), you'll just choose them as your new host and then go on a killing spree...That's one horrifying thought. I don't know if there's a way we can prevent it? Thoughts, everyone?

wait why is Rath a Soother if Aman's telling the truth?

Agreed to the first bit. Luckily, I know quite a few people who aren’t Coinshots, so PoE might help narrow down the actual suspect. 

Rath is a Soother irrespective of whether or not Aman is telling the truth. 

24 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

It's at worst 7-3-1 at this point. Assuming Rath is evil, which I would definitely believe is true, that goes to 7-2-1 by the end of the night. One kill later is 6-2-1. We lynch Aman, who at this point would have a fourth alignment scan. If he really wanted the village to win, he would pick an elim who we would have to kill anyway. If not, and he picks a villager, it's 5-2-1. Another villager dies, 4-2-1. We would then have to figure out who fits on the elim team ourselves, though the new Kandra had better help or else the elims could reach parity with a mislynch and kill here. If we can lynch and kill down to 3-1-1 here, we might have a chance. This of course does not account for the Coinshot, who will presumably be doing something during this time. They can get a kill off tonight, hopefully. If they become a Kandra, we can deal with that, though I'm guessing the GMs made it so the new Kandra scans as their original role just to be mean. This will be ugly, but if we don't lose anyone to the filter and the Coinshot kills an elim tonight, it should be winnable.

Rath just is a Soother, and Aman apparently knows for sure that Rath is an elim Soother.