Long Game 56: Discord in Elendel

StrikerEZ

Also, Sart or Amanuensis is probably evil, as two village Lurchers...mmm. Not likely. As I find Drake’s survival more immediately suspicious than Aman’s, my vote will go here for now. Aman, even though you kind of twisted my arm when it comes to forcing this lynch as a decision between the two of you, I guess I’m glad of it; I’d worried that Sart and Drake were collaborating for some time. Though I’d be willing to hear Sart’s case, as my read has soured on Aman from where it was previously, after his initial Lurcher claim, and I do share Stick’s feelings that claiming this protection is a big risk for you and Drake to take if you’re both evil. Lastly, I will second Aman’s assertion that this whole bloody mess has been making my head hurt the past few days :P 

Sart. I've been arguing for this lynch in PMs for at least a few hours now because I find it extremely unlikely that there's two Village Lurchers. Given the talk of reverse-WGGs Fifth had in that group PM, I've been suspicious of Drake being framed by an attack/protect last night. I also have found it odd that you've argued for the narrative of two village Lurchers existing (paraphrasing, but he suggested Drake, Fifth and I were all Village, which is extremely odd from a Village!Lurcher perspective, as I would think you'd be immediately suspicious of another one, which Fifth had claimed). I also think your tunnel on Devotary has been disingenuous, and that a part of the attack/protect on Drake was with hopes of making Devotary looking guilty.

I also believe that with Bard's death by inactivity being telegraphed + the Mistborn dying D1, the eliminators would feel more comfortable pulling a move like this because at the time there didn't appear to be a Coinshot. With a Vanilla Rebel it's more likely that there's 3 elims still alive, which means if you got Devotary lynched today then turned on Drake and then me, the game would be over by N5.

So what I think is happening is that Fifth claimed to be the Lurcher who protected Aman in a PM with Drake and Aman. Aman supposedly knew this was a lie, but went along with it anyway? There was a PM with Sart and Araris where Lurcher!Fifth was brought up, which I assume from Aman and Araris's posts happened during N2 or earlier which would give Lurchers the opportunity to protect each other. Sart decided to protect Drake, was he part of the secondary PM? Did Aman self-protect? Meanwhile, Lum and Ventyl have heard that Aman was a Lurcher, and was not protected by Fifth. I think that means those two aren't teammates with anyone who was confused by this gambit?

8 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Amanuensis I'm not sure that the elims would try risk winning on a specific outcome of events, given that there is a Kandra running around that nobody knows anything about.

IIRC, elim win con doesn't involve the kandra, only the village one does. There was no evidence of a kandra kill from N1 or N2 (unless you think Xino's killer is the kandra), so I don't really think it'd be much of a factor. 4 elims to 4 anything else is still parity / victory.

EDIT: Also there doesn't seem to be a specific way to find the kandra, so really the best strategy for pinning them down is to play the game as normal, imo.

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

@Sart what are your reasons for protecting Drake though? Was it just because of the way the D1 lynch turned out?

Basically. I wasn't sure about Fifth Scholar's claim. If Aman was a WGG, the Elims would try to kill someone trusted to do some catch up. Drake, because he was in danger D1, and defended a Villager D2, was my most trusted player. Thus, I protected him.

I keep waffling on whether Fifth Scholar is good or not. If they aren't, then Aman and Fifth would both be evil. However, their day one banter makes that seem unlikely to me. Thus I considered two Village lurchers as a possibility. I didn't protect them because they had already started to get suspicion from the thread. I figured the Elims wouldn't attack them, and even if they did, I didn't think losing one Lurcher out of two would be that bad.

The thing is, I could totally see Fifth and Aman working together as elims resulting in that kind of banter. I mean, they both said a lot, but it hasn't been that useful for anyone else to analysis with. I'd say that Fifth+Aman being elims is significantly more likely than 2 lurchers. I am just leaning right now toward Sart being elim over Fifth/Aman. I should also probably take my vote off Drake for now. I need to think a bit and watch things play out before I place my final vote.

Edit: @Amanuensis how else would xino have died? Do you think the village had a coinshot in addition to our mistborn?

Edited by Araris Valerian

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

The thing is, I could totally see Fifth and Aman working together as elims resulting in that kind of banter. I mean, they both said a lot, but it hasn't been that useful for anyone else to analysis with. I'd say that Fifth+Aman being elims is significantly more likely than 2 lurchers. I am just leaning right now toward Sart being elim over Fifth/Aman. I should also probably take my vote off Drake for now. I need to think a bit and watch things play out before I place my final vote.

Edit: @Amanuensis how else would xino have died? Do you think the village had a coinshot in addition to our mistborn?

I personally don't believe Xino's killer was the kandra, no. Going for a borderline-inactive seems extremely peculiar for an SK kill.

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

I personally don't believe Xino's killer was the kandra, no. Going for a borderline-inactive seems extremely peculiar for an SK kill.

On the contrary, it’s not that far out of the question; given that the Kandra’s mission is to be the last player standing, and that active players are more likely to be suspected, lynched, or killed, a kill on an inactive who could get in the way towards the end of the game makes a certain amount of sense—particularly if the SK is trusted enough that they don’t need to remove those suspecting them. 

Just now, Fifth Scholar said:

On the contrary, it’s not that far out of the question; given that the Kandra’s mission is to be the last player standing, and that active players are more likely to be suspected, lynched, or killed, a kill on an inactive who could get in the way towards the end of the game makes a certain amount of sense—particularly if the SK is trusted enough that they don’t need to remove those suspecting them. 

I suppose. Either way I've requested a Seeker to scan Xino's Killer tonight, so even if I get Hazekilled/Attacked, the village should know for certain.

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I suppose. Either way I've requested a Seeker to scan Xino's Killer tonight, so even if I get Hazekilled/Attacked, the village should know for certain.

Wait what? So someone has claimed Coinshot to you?

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

So someone has claimed to be Xino's killer, and you are confident they are village? Out of curiosity, who do you think are the eliminators?

Not necessarily confident they're village, but at the very least not an elim. I was hoping to find out about a Seeker to get them scanned just in case, but I'd rather not say anything more on that matter.

I'm 100% certain about Sart, which probably clears Devotary and maybe Drake, since Drake knew I claimed Lurcher while Sart appears to have been convinced my protector was Fifth. This also probably soft clears Lumgol and Ventyl for the same reason, which leaves Aonar, Stick, Straw, Snipexe, and you.

7 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

@StrikerEZ will the Kandra’s role show up as ‘Kandra’ for a Seeker’s action results or just whatever allomantic role they have (if any)?

• (4) SartFifth ScholarAmanuensisVentyl, _Stick_
  • (2) Devotary of SpontaneitySartMrake Darshall,
  • (1) DrakeAonar,

ED1T:

I have a lot of things I need to do early in the morning tomorrow, so with this all said and done, I'm going to bed.

Edited by Amanuensis

I suppose I did ask Aman to do something like this two days ago. I stand by my belief that an elim wouldn't disrupt a V-V lynch and switch to a third villager, so I really don't see Aman as being evil unless Drake is also evil, which strikes me as unlikely. This would require the elims to have tried two WGGs in a row, with a village Lurcher protecting the target in the second one. Elim!Fifth would likely require both Aman and Sart to be village Lurchers. If this is true, we blame Striker and Maill for telling us not to lynch based on role distributions the hard way. For now though, I can test out Aman's certainty by voting for Sart.

The person who killed Xino claiming to Aman, while definitely a risk, does indicate why Aman believes that player is a Coinshot rather than a Kandra. There's no reason for the Kandra to claim credit for their kill unless a Seeker scan of a Kandra shows up as Coinshot, which seems unlikely.

Well, the Kandra role might work like the Quicksilver role from Joe's Gunnerkrigg LG, where they abandon a body each cycle, which appears as dead, and inhabit a new one. Aman's coinshot dying during the night would heavily suggest that the Kandra works like that. It would also give a justification as to why said player would claim to Aman, since that account's body wouldn't be around later to get killed. Also, I guess I'll vote on Sart. I am tempted to vote for Aman though, out of paranoia.