Long Game 56: Discord in Elendel

StrikerEZ

Danton walked through the trees in Dampmere park, his pistol held calmly before him. He was chasing yet another suspect of a bombing in the city. He'd lost track of how many there had been over the past few weeks, though he figured it was at least 15.

Lyrelle, his partner, signalled him to follow her. She must’ve spotted something in the clearing over there. Danton led point, making sure to not step on any branches in the underbrush. He couldn’t see anything in the clearing, though he kept his eyes peeled.

After a few moments of frantic searching, he began to turn around to ask Lyrelle exactly what she'd seen, but he felt a quick stab of pain in his chest.

As he fell to the ground, he noticed Lyrelle taking off a silencer from her pistol. Before his last breath of life escaped, he wondered how she’d explain his death.

~

There has been a growing dissent in the city lately, as many view the mayor and his cronies as corrupt. The police have been working to quell the rebellions, but there are only so many of them, and there’s an entire city to patrol.

Now, it appears that there are rebels amidst the police force, actively working to bring down the city’s government. It is up to you to root out these rebels before the city is overrun. We must prevent Discord from reigning supreme.

~

Basics:

Spoiler
  • The game is broken down into two Turns across each Cycle of play: the Day Turn, and the Night Turn. The game begins on a Day Turn. Day Turns last 48 hours, Night Turns 24 hours.The end of each Turn will be 8:30 PM CDT.
  • During the Day Turn, players vote for another player to lynch. As long as a player has two or more votes, the player with the most votes dies. If no player has two or more votes, no lynch occurs. If there is a tie, a random number generator will determine which player dies.
  • As long as one Tineye is alive, players may make PMs with each other. However, these PMs must include StrikerEZ and the co-GM (they haven't been decided yet, but once they have, I will make an update post and will edit this post to reflect who my GM is). Each player may only make one new PM per Day or per Night.
  • Players may only make one action per Cycle, so one action per Night or one action per Day. Voting and PMs do not count as actions.
  • In order to disincentivize inactivity, all players must post at least twice during each Turn. If a player goes two cycles (Day, Night, Day, Night) without meeting the post requirement, they will be eliminated. It is recommended that you roleplay in at least one of your required posts, though it is not necessary to do so in order to meet the post requirement.

Factions:

Spoiler
  • Police: The Police’s goal is to eliminate, through the lynch or other means, all of the Rebel spies.
  • Rebels: The Rebels’ goal is to outnumber the Police. They get a special kill that one of them can use each Night instead of their normal ability.
  • Kandra: There is a rogue Kandra hidden among the Police and Rebels, and they just want the death of as many people as possible. The Kandra’s goal is to be the last player standing.

Roles:

Spoiler
  • Coinshot: Each Night, a Coinshot may specify a target to attempt to kill. The target’s death will be posted in the next Day’s write-up. If they are protected by a Lurcher or survive due to being a Thug, the write-up will mention that they were attacked but survived.
  • Lurcher: Each Night, a Lurcher may specify a target to attempt to protect. If the target is attacked, the next Day’s write-up will say they were attacked but survived.
  • Thug: Thugs can choose to activate their protection, which will protect them from the lynch during the Day and any kill attempts during the Night, depending on which they Turn they choose to activate it. They can only use their ability either during the Day or the Night, not both. Once they survive either the lynch or a kill attempt, they can no longer use their ability.
  • Tineye: A Tineye can choose to spy on a person. If that person has any PMs, the Tineye will learn who they have PMs with.
  • Rioter: During the Day, they can change someone’s vote to that of another person, and their vote will be canceled as well (the vote tally will not specify who’s vote got cancelled, just that the total number of votes is lower).
  • Soother: During the Day, a Soother can cancel someone’s vote.
  • Seeker: Seekers can Seek someone and either see what role they are (not their alignment) or if they performed an action during the Turn and who they performed it on. If their target has been Smoked, then they will either be told that their target has no role or performed no action during that Turn.
  • Smoker: Smokers can Smoke themselves and up to one person of their choice. This prevents them from being Rioted, Soothed, or Seeked.
  • Mistborn: A Mistborn can do any of the actions above, but only one per Cycle.
  • Hazekiller: Hazekillers can use an action to be immune to an allomancer's ability or to roleblock an allomancer from using their ability, but they have a total of 3 actions available to them during a game. If a Hazekiller attempts to roleblock a non-allomancer, it won't work and will not cost the Hazekiller an action.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Amanuensis, aka "Detective Wilco Renaud"
  2. Ark1002, aka "Arr K. Thousantoo"
  3. Lumgol, aka "TBD"
  4. Fifth Scholar, aka “Serdig Darillid”
  5. Araris Valerian, aka “Fade”
  6. Ventyl, aka “Lafay Etteax”
  7. Furamirionind, aka "Furamirionind"
  8. Rathmaskal
  9. Devotary of Spontaneity, aka "Sindale"
  10. Sart
  11. _Stick_, aka "Stick"
  12. Walin, aka " Nedar Latfin"
  13. Aonar, aka "Ainm Lathair"
  14. Snipexe
  15. Straw, aka "Mertis tyl Loesp"
  16. Drake Marshall, aka “Thomas Blackburn”
  17. xinoehp512

Quick Links:

Signups will end around 8:30 PM CDT, June 9th. The first Day will begin around 9:30 PM CDT, and rollover will be at 8:30 PM CDT for subsequent Turns

Sign me up as Detective Wilco Renaud, one of the most senior officers in his department, and the closest to retirement. Too decrepit with age and a lifetime of injuries on the job, he primarily works from his desk, which is covered with pictures drawn by his beloved grandson, most of which are images of the famous children's book character, Wumpus.

Spoiler

Image result for wumpus

Edited by dvnts

@Fifth Scholar Sorry, I definitely thought I put a timezone on the end of the signups. I added a clarification of the rollover at the bottom of the post, but I’m pretty sure I already put that in the basics. 

@Araris Valerian Mistborn have access to all 8 each Cycle, but can only use one per Cycle. 

Edited by StrikerEZ

Just now, Ventyl said:

I would like to sign up as the character, Lafay Etteax, a new recruit to the police force. He is an eager worker who wants to rise up in ranks. Though, he worries about the riots and sees them as a threat to his new job.

Welcome to SE!

15 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

I am StrikerEZ’s younger brother, he’s definitely not holding me at gunpoint to do this.

Welcome! We're glad to have you here, no matter what brought you in, threats or no. Though you may want to get used to the potential for death. There is quite a bit of murdering that happens in these parts.