Longtime reader, first time poster

Donutfence

Hey team! Big fan of Sanderson, of course, as we all are. He was really my first legitimate foray into fantasy and totally changed my literature interest and consumption. Mistborn, the apparent golden Sander-child, was my first series. Phenomenal! (Probably more excited for final Wax and Wayne than Stormlight 4...) Then I made my way through a few more and discovered the Cosmere and brought my wife into it, too.

Is it cheating to say Hoid is my favorite character? I'm just always waiting for every beggar in every book to be him haha. 

I have just one thought I wanted to ask about here. How would pregnancy be affected by being both a gold feruchemist and allomancer? (I'm sure there's a term I'm forgetting.) Just with the compounding and such. Could you speed it up, get rid of morning sickness, or would tapping gold not change anything? What do you all think?

35 minutes ago, Donutfence said:

I have just one thought I wanted to ask about here. How would pregnancy be affected by being both a gold feruchemist and allomancer? (I'm sure there's a term I'm forgetting.) Just with the compounding and such. Could you speed it up, get rid of morning sickness, or would tapping gold not change anything? What do you all think?

Firstly welcome.  Secondly would you like a cookie? 

Now as to your question I personally have also wondered if it is possible to get pregnant if you are tapping healing at the time my instinct says you can't.  As to other bodily functions.  Shallan still gets her "friendly reminder to have children" (although she does not have stormlight when this happens) however it is implied that Lift also suffered menstruation when she hit puberty and she has constant access to healing.  This implies that you still suffer conditions that you deem part of yourself so you would likely still get morning sickness even with double gold healing.  I also doubt you could speed up pregnancy. 

Someone else will likely follow with a better and more thorough explanation.

Hello and welcome! I have no idea about the healing...

Also, I would recommend against any pastries, as they are likely spiked might steal your soul. (Don't worry, you'll figure it out. I did :) )

What is your favorite Sanderson book out of the Mistborn series (or out of it)?

I mean I love cookies. And I don't know if they fall into the pastry realm... But I never trust anyone or anything with a spike. I mean, that'd just ruin the cookie. ;) 

That said, I'm glad to have a space to throw out Sanderpuns! Already validating my decision to join. 

@Karger, thanks for the input! I figure since gestation isn't really "healing" it wouldn't be sped up, that's true. But putting the system in stasis could possibly preserve fertility...... Maybe I'm thinking too deeply into this. I just had the thought because my wife and I were reading Wax & Wayne together during her first pregnancy. And with the Set trying to breed a new Lord Ruler, maybe having a double gold woman in there might make it a shorter time table, you know? But probably not.

@Mushroom, I gotta say out of Mistborn series I loved Shadows of Self. It 100% drew my in and then threw my feels into a brick wall and onto a garbage fire. And I loved it. Also, Aradel was a big part in that book and I do voices/accents when I read to my wife and (for those of you who know) Aradel was Capt. Ray Holt from Brooklyn Nine Nine and it was pretty fantastic. Also, Wayne's character development was very well done and well received on my part. But mostly, I love when authors can make me weep. Senor Sanderson has done it a couple of times.