Mraize's Aviar?

Lightblood

Question

4 answers to this question

I am guessing that it shields his mind like many Aviar do.  I also think that it allows him to detect investiture similar to bronze(he would have wanted it so he could seek out any usable or potentially dangerous magics in Urithiru).

On 5/29/2019 at 2:34 PM, Karger said:

I am guessing that it shields his mind like many Aviar do.  I also think that it allows him to detect investiture similar to bronze(he would have wanted it so he could seek out any usable or potentially dangerous magics in Urithiru).

It's unlikely that it would have two different powers.  We've seen two different "cognitive disguise" Aviar, and neither has been shown to have any other sort of power.  

1 hour ago, Scion of the Mists said:

It's unlikely that it would have two different powers.  We've seen two different "cognitive disguise" Aviar, and neither has been shown to have any other sort of power.  

I was under the impression that all Aviar have some abilities in this regard(just bonding one makes your cognitive self less noticeable).

8 minutes ago, Karger said:

I was under the impression that all Aviar have some abilities in this regard(just bonding one makes your cognitive self less noticeable).

It's been a really long time since I read Sixth of the Dusk, but I don't remember this being the case.  The Coppermind also doesn't mention anything about this.