How did Parshendi get shardblades?

Magpro

55 minutes ago, Magpro said:

As i read in Oathbringer preface, Parshendi had shardblades before they met King Galivar's expidition. Secondly the shardblades were discarded after the parshendi were labotamised.

Nakar/Stormseat is most likely. It's also possible that they get them the same way that Kaladin did in Book 1, killing and taking them for their own. There were theories that this is why Gavilar wanted the treaty with them in the first place.

I think there were Radiants among them when they came to the Shattered Plains during the False Desolation. ^_^ Whether Singer or Human. -_- 

Or perhaps some Radiants came to stay with them. The gem archive does say that the Radiants would be taken in by the various nations. The Warcamps could be considered a nation back then considering its size.

Edited by ScavellTane

• 6 months later...

They had to have been found in stormseat. The parshendi hadn't encountered humans since the last legions. They hadn't ever left the shattered plains. That's why they were so astonished when king gavilar showed them the maps just before he admitted his plans to bring back the voidbringers in an attempt to get the herald's to return. It doesn't seem reasonable they could have attained them from other humans. Perhaps this is why the fused were attacking caravans on the shattered plains outside of narak. It was convenient to attack the caravans to make sure kaladin and bridge 4 didnt give chase while they searched for more shardblades in the ruins of narak. King gavilar knew they had shardblades, though I do not believe this is why he wanted the treaty.

My assumption has been that they found them in Stormseat's ruins- there's an entire city buried under crem that the rest of the world didn't know about. One that appears to have been abandoned overnight.

Also, it's worth emphasizing that the Parshendi weren't lobotomized alongside the rest of their race- presumably because they were hidden well enough that Ba-Ado-Mishram wasn't able to Connect with them, so they weren't affected when she was sealed.

18 hours ago, Gilphon said:

My assumption has been that they found them in Stormseat's ruins- there's an entire city buried under crem that the rest of the world didn't know about. One that appears to have been abandoned overnight.

Shardblades are super valuable both monetarily and practically.  they are also easy to transport.  I kind of doubt that a group of people would leave them behind while abandoning the city.

• Chaos locked this topic