Insert Clever Title Here

Hi! My name's Beth, and my favorite of Sanderson's work is The Reckoners books--though I have to mention The Emperor's Soul as well (so clever.) I feel guilty because I've had the third book in the Stormlight Archives for several months (it's signed!) and haven't cracked it open yet. Oops. Besides reading Mr. Sanderson's works, I love Tolkien, Jane Austen, Rick Riordan, Agatha Christie, J.K. Rowling, and some of the Brontes' works. And other than reading, I enjoy writing as well :) 

Thanks for reading all that. I should really sleep now...but I think I'll explore. Cool forums <3

~Beth

20 hours ago, BethOvermyer said:

Hi! My name's Beth, and my favorite of Sanderson's work is The Reckoners books--though I have to mention The Emperor's Soul as well (so clever.) I feel guilty because I've had the third book in the Stormlight Archives for several months (it's signed!) and haven't cracked it open yet. Oops. Besides reading Mr. Sanderson's works, I love Tolkien, Jane Austen, Rick Riordan, Agatha Christie, J.K. Rowling, and some of the Brontes' works. And other than reading, I enjoy writing as well :) 

Thanks for reading all that. I should really sleep now...but I think I'll explore. Cool forums <3

~Beth

Why hello Beth.  Welcome to the shard!  And while I don't post much in the forum common or listen to Shardcast all that much (sorry Argent), I do have an some interesting places here to suggest.  

A great place to start is in General Brandon Discussion, or if you're into the Cosmere, General Cosmere Discussion.  If you haven't read Oathbringer, I'd avoid the Stormlight Archives subforum, as it is rife with spoilers.  If you like role-playing, I can suggest the Alleyverse (link in my sig).  A great place to hang out is The Last Post Wins (link also in my sig), and whatever you do, avoid The Longest Thread at all costs.  

Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time here!

P.S. Love your title.  So clever :P.

Edited by Vargo Seldon

8 hours ago, BethOvermyer said:

Vargo - Thanks for the welcome and for the heads up and advice. Much appreciated :)

Wander - :D Thanks! Will try to dive in soon...I thought that back in January, though, when I signed up for an account here. Waited a little while. Oops.

You'll get the hang of it shortly, I'm sure!

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Don't listen to him, he's just sore that we have better content then TLPW. :P

Oh dear.  To get slapped on the wrist about cookie wars, only to start wars about The Longest Thread (TLT) vs. The Last Post Wins (TLPW).  

By the way, would you like a cookie, courtesy of the Dark Alley?

3 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

By the way, would you like a cookie, courtesy of the Dark Alley?

Hey, I thought we decided that was going too far. Don't want to overwhelm our newcomers.:P

Also, you were the one who started the war. would rather there be no war at all.

Edited by xinoehp512

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hey, I thought we decided that was going too far. Don't want to overwhelm our newcomers.:P

Also, you were the one who started the war. would rather there be no war at all.

Alright.  I thought we decided that offering cookies was ok, as long as you didn't push the guild promotion.  But we shouldn't discuss this here.