Wander89

New Mistborn Era 1 paperbacks

16 posts in this topic

I don't understand the second one.... The others make sense but not that one.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

I don't understand the second one.... The others make sense but not that one.

I posted on reddit too but I'm not sure myself. Maybe a bead of duralumin or lerasium?

Edited by Wander89

8 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

I posted on reddit too but I'm not sure myself. Maybe a bead of duralumin or lerasium?

I could see that. If it were book three I would say it's Atium but Atium wasn't that important to this book.

Just now, Steel Inquisitive said:

I could see that. If it were book three I would say it's Atium but Atium wasn't that important to this book.

Yeah I really don't know. Dont understand why Book 1 doesnt state Final Empire on it either. 

56 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

Yeah I really don't know. Dont understand why Book 1 doesnt state Final Empire on it either. 

Probably because people kept getting confused by the word Final in it and thinking it's the last one.

I though it was steelsight.

yeah, the blue lines are most likely the lines that comes from burning steel or iron. Judging by the amount of blue lines, I think it's probably lerasium as it allows the person who ingests it to burn all the metals, so maybe a misting or mistborn can sense the different metals inside it?

I couldn't figure out the second book either, but I really like the idea of a lerasium bead. The broken thing around it would then be the clay that rings the bead.

It's annoying me now that the font for Brandon Sanderson is not the same across all 3 books :lol:

On 5/28/2019 at 10:22 AM, Wander89 said:

It's annoying me now that the font for Brandon Sanderson is not the same across all 3 books :lol:

Yeah, the first one is embossed while the other two are not. What is up with that? :P

I am...not fond of these covers in general. They're too abstract for my taste, I suppose.

As someone who hasn't ever been particularly fond of any Era 1 covers outside of the leatherbounds, I like these- particularly the one for TFE and the one for HoA. But then again, I like abstract things.

I like the first one (nice colors/dramatic), I don't understand the second one (... A ball...?), The third one is kinda boring, but okay I guess.

I like the first one. Don't care much for the others. They all don't really capture the feeling of the series very well though. I'm happy to have the anniversary editions. They have a sufficient amount of black/grey.

To be perfectly honest, those are the only English language Mistborn covers I can deal with.

Ok, so I've been putting my abstract thought to the test, and I think that each cover represents a different character.

TFE: Vin. We see the stained glass window shattering into the night, likely referring to Vin 'breaking' noble society from within. It's not Kelsier, breaking in, it's Vin breaking out.

WoA: Elend. He is represented by the bead of Lerasium in the middle, the lines of steelsight symbolizing his gaining of Allomantic abilities in the climax of that novel. The white ceramic shattering, represents Elend's loss of idealism throughout the events of the story, effectively showcasing the effect of reality upon idealistic thought.

HoA: This one is pretty obvious, Marsh/Ruin. The central spike, stabbed through the altar, represents Marsh himself, the spike burning representing either Marsh breaking free of Ruin, or as Ruin eroding Marsh's free will. The burning ashes are likely both representative of Ruin as a force, and of the burnings in Urteau.

But those are just my interpretations

I like all of these, but if it were up to me, I would probably alter the second book somehow