Sanderson X Fromsoftware

If EA was making it, then the game would be a disaster.

Honestly, the games industry is changing a lot, and I’m not sure who I’d want to make Sanderson’s books into games. Also, I think the book-based games would be more difficult to make appeal to the mainstream. Most studios would see it as taking a huge chance.

I don't know, from what I've seen, their games, though acclaimed for their lore, center themselves too much around gameplay and too little around story. I for one, wouldn't like a boss rush with the story being item descriptions and 30-second cutscenes every five hours. Not if we're talking about a Sanderson adaptation.

4 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Imagine fighting Dark Souls bosses however they are now all in Shardplate. I'd quite like to play a game without running risk of a heart attack again, thank you!

Great. Now I'm picturing Pontiff, the Twin Princes, and Soul of Cinder in Shardplate. Thank you for that.

On 5/26/2019 at 0:41 PM, NottTheBrave said:

I'd like a game that doesn't raise my blood pressure to play.  I'd certainly like a game, but I think a dev like CDProjekt Red would be more equipped to make an interesting mass market game that would get new fans of Sandersons works.  

So you're saying you DON'T want a stealth-based game that's a sequel to Emperor's Soul about Shai sneaking into places and using Forgery to get around guards?* Blasphemy! 

*Or alternatively, a new Forger trying to find out about Shai, which leads him to discover the Cosmere as a whole. 

I haven't read emperors soul, so I suppose not, lol.

Either way, I'd take whatever they make, as long as it's not in the FromSoftware Souls style.  I adore the Souls trilogy (plus demons) and Bloodborne is one of my favorite games of all time.  I'm burnt out though.  Sekiro did nothing for me, and I'm just quite over the frustration of their games.  

Except Bloodborne 2.  I'll play that.

• Chaos locked this topic