The Shortest Thread

14 hours ago, AonEne said:

It's really funny that I was the person who taught you what bigender was years before I even realized I was bigender 😆 and that it was in this interaction! 

Our foreshadowing skills are just that good. 

Also it really has been almost four years, huh. That’s insane, I would’ve thought maybe two or something. 

14 hours ago, AonEne said:

Almost four years later, Ene stepped into the Physical Realm. Alive. 

He'd learned a lot while dead. (Not dead, they told him, but it felt close enough in his opinion.) How to control the powers he'd never known he had. Who it was that had sent Salad, one of his dearest friends, to kill him, and why. They didn't know why Salad had agreed. Had...any of it ever been real? 

Another thing he'd learned was how to absorb betrayal and keep moving. 

He sat, now, in Salad's apartment, waiting for them to get home from their latest hit. He kept most of his emotions off his face. He felt a lot about this, but now was a time to look serious. Not to let Salad get the jump on him again. And when the front door opened, he was ready. 

"Hello, Salad," Ene said. "We need to talk about the Paradox People." 

Almost four years later, Salad opened the door and there was Ene, sitting at their table. In their apartment, just like the old days, when they would watch terrible movies and throw popcorn at each other. Ene had even left Salad’s usual seat free - the chair closest to the window where it was warmest. It was almost a picture perfect recreation of the past. Almost.

Because then they had stabbed Ene and run, and nothing had been the same since.

”Hello, Salad,” Ene said before Salad had time to properly process everything. “We need to talk about the Paradox People.” 

Salad had to fight the urge to bolt, down the stairs and away from whatever madness this was. It was finally hitting them now. Ene was back, Ene was here, and… and-

He just wants to talk, they told themselves. Don’t lose your head.

There was always the possibility that things might get violent, but Salad had never known Ene to start fights without first getting a read of the situation. So they slid off their coat, kicked off their shoes and headed to the kitchen.

“Ok,” they said, fighting to keep their voice even. “Do you want some tea? I have hot chocolate as well if you’d prefer.”

This was not what they wanted to deal with today, but Enes at your dinner table were notoriously hard to get rid of. 

• 5 weeks later...

Nameless and Nameless walked beside a river that flowed with gold.

“You’re sure you won’t go back?”

“Yeah. I’m dead for good this time. You’re sure you don’t want to go replace me?”

“Goodness no. I’d have to fight if I did that. I’d be expected to be some kind of hero.

”Well, I guess I understand that. Guess I’ll just have to trust the people who’re still alive to handle things on their own.”

”On their own? Don’t think I haven’t seen what you’ve been doing.”

Namless coughed uncomfortably, staring off to the side. “I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.”

”I’m sure. Anyways, want to eat dinner at my place? I’ve just gotten a new crop of corn in, and it’s best fresh.”

”Sounds good. I’ll bring some of my chouta. Hey, don’t give me that look! I’m getting better at making it, I swear.”

6 minutes ago, NameIess said:

Nameless and Nameless walked beside a river that flowed with gold.

“You’re sure you won’t go back?”

“Yeah. I’m dead for good this time. You’re sure you don’t want to go replace me?”

“Goodness no. I’d have to fight if I did that. I’d be expected to be some kind of hero.

”Well, I guess I understand that. Guess I’ll just have to trust the people who’re still alive to handle things on their own.”

”On their own? Don’t think I haven’t seen what you’ve been doing.”

Namless coughed uncomfortably, staring off to the side. “I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.”

”I’m sure. Anyways, want to eat dinner at my place? I’ve just gotten a new crop of corn in, and it’s best fresh.”

”Sounds good. I’ll bring some of my chouta. Hey, don’t give me that look! I’m getting better at making it, I swear.”

Is this alive?

Can I join?

Anything I need to know?

6 minutes ago, NameIess said:

Another Outrech faded into existence. His mind was empty, no memories present. He looked down at his hands, in awe at the sensation of existence. How strange... he clenched his fists, then unclenched them. This would take some getting used to.

On 1/21/2024 at 4:52 PM, The Awakened Salad said:

Our foreshadowing skills are just that good. 

Also it really has been almost four years, huh. That’s insane, I would’ve thought maybe two or something. 

Almost four years later, Salad opened the door and there was Ene, sitting at their table. In their apartment, just like the old days, when they would watch terrible movies and throw popcorn at each other. Ene had even left Salad’s usual seat free - the chair closest to the window where it was warmest. It was almost a picture perfect recreation of the past. Almost.

Because then they had stabbed Ene and run, and nothing had been the same since.

”Hello, Salad,” Ene said before Salad had time to properly process everything. “We need to talk about the Paradox People.” 

Salad had to fight the urge to bolt, down the stairs and away from whatever madness this was. It was finally hitting them now. Ene was back, Ene was here, and… and-

He just wants to talk, they told themselves. Don’t lose your head.

There was always the possibility that things might get violent, but Salad had never known Ene to start fights without first getting a read of the situation. So they slid off their coat, kicked off their shoes and headed to the kitchen.

“Ok,” they said, fighting to keep their voice even. “Do you want some tea? I have hot chocolate as well if you’d prefer.”

This was not what they wanted to deal with today, but Enes at your dinner table were notoriously hard to get rid of. 

TST deleted my storming post and I'm angy so I give up on this one 

"Hot chocolate, please," Ene said, glancing over to watch. He wasn't worried about poison. 

Luna was very bored, so she decided to write something. She couldn’t remember where- or if- she was last in the story and didn’t care to read through 64 pages, so she simply decided to appear. She didn’t understand how that worked, but it did work.

She found herself standing in front of an apartment door. Luna felt like she should wait, so she did. Something important was happening beyond it, something she wasn’t sure was polite to interrupt.

Luna sat down across from the door and blinked. During the brief moment when her eyes were closed, her meta knowledge disappeared as quickly as she had appeared. This was, understandably, a bit confusing. Her train of thought was missing. Not derailed, just… gone.

A new one was formed. It didn’t start moving, yet. Luna simply leaned against the wall behind her, her head thudding softly as it hit it. Thinking was too much at the moment. For now, she needed to get used to being.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 11:35 AM, AonEne said:

"Hot chocolate, please," Ene said, glancing over to watch. He wasn't worried about poison. 

Salad began preparing the drinks, mugs and spoons clinking in the otherwise silent apartment. They  considered putting the hot chocolate powder into a bowl for Ene, but this wasn’t like the old days. As nice as it would be to slip into old habits, this wasn’t the time. 

Once everything was ready, Salad set two steaming mugs of hot chocolate on the table (complete with marshmallows and chocolate powder sprinkled on top, because even if they were a murderer, they weren’t without class). 

They sat down and took a sip. “Okay, then. Talk.”