The Shortest Thread

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Very well. Your reasons are valid. Of course, most are." The figure disappeared, and then the ground around them melted into a regular landscape. Darryl glanced at them. "Hi guys! what took you so long to come through the portal? I found a spot to camp for the night."

"There was this guy who didn't think our reasons for going on a quest were good."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

X avatar waved cheerfully. Suddenly a thoughtful expression crossed his face, as though trying to remember something. All of a sudden, his eyes lit up.

"Oh, I remember the Temple of Blades! Wow, those memories are Xinoehp's. That's old!"

Nameless took off the dark cloak. "Yeah, it is old. How're you doing, by the way? It's good to see you again."

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

"There was this guy who didn't think our reasons for going on a quest were good."

"Ah. That's interesting. Well, I guess that kind of thing is kind of expected on a quest like this." He glanced at the setting sun. "I'll get a fire going. Do you guys know any good campfire stories?"

Edited by Nameless

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Wait, so the person was Nameless? I'm confused.

Well, I guess he was. either him or some random person whose fulltime job is asking people what their motivations are for going on a quest. 

7 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"I mean, I guess I should have expected it. And if not, we could always tell stories about Melody's 'childhood'."

"Yeah, #1 rule of being on a quest: expect the unexpected, and then be shocked anyways. I have a few campfire stories I could tell, if I have to. Or maybe we'll be attacked by monsters or something in the middle of the night."

Just now, Nameless said:

Well, I guess he was. either him or some random person whose fulltime job is asking people what their motivations are for going on a quest. 

"Yeah, #1 rule of being on a quest: expect the unexpected, and then be shocked anyways. I have a few campfire stories I could tell, if I have to. Or maybe we'll be attacked by monsters or something in the middle of the night."

"We can hope." Symphony laughed.

"What are the other rules?" Capella asked.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Nameless said:

"No need. I can summon them from my interdimensional vault. I have a bracelet coded to allow access to it on my... right arm. Right."

"Shoot."

"No need!" piped Capella. "I always keep marshmallows with me!" She held out a bag of marshmallows.

"How did I not know that?" asked Symphony.

"I'm good at keeping secrets."

Just now, Condensation said:

"Shoot."

"No need!" piped Capella. "I always keep marshmallows with me!" She held out a bag of marshmallows.

"How did I not know that?" asked Symphony.

"I'm good at keeping secrets."

"That's good. Um, would any of you know how to start a fire?"

Just now, Nameless said:

"I don't. I have some matches though."

"Oh. That works even better." Rhapsody held out her hand for the matches. "You three, go get some wood."

Medley nodded and went to go gather wood.

Symphony followed reluctantly.

Capella sat down, having no intention of going to get wood.

Just now, Condensation said:

"Oh. That works even better." Rhapsody held out her hand for the matches. "You three, go get some wood."

Medley nodded and went to go gather wood.

Symphony followed reluctantly.

Capella sat down, having no intention of going to get wood.

"Well, hopefully they don't get attacked by a monster. That would be terribly cliché."