The Shortest Thread

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

"Yeah, that would all make sense. But why would the Author want Melody's memories to be gone? And once she found them, couldn't the Author just take them away again?"

"For the story, of course!" piped Capella.

"Well, That makes sense I suppose. Does Melody care about the story?"

Just now, Condensation said:

"Probably not. But she did like having something a little more stable in her life. TLT is whacky."

"Well, stability is important. I'm glad I don't live in that TLT place. From what I've heard, DS is much more common there."

Just now, Nameless said:

"Well, stability is important. I'm glad I don't live in that TLT place. From what I've heard, DS is much more common there."

"Really? How terrible."

Symphony snickered. "Hey guys, check out Melody's fabricated past! She's been thinking about it, and I got curious."

"Melody's got a totally wacky childhood! For example, her 'first' crush denounced her as a witch because of the measures Melody apparently took to get him to like her."

"Wait, what?" Darryl smiled. "Why would she believe that?"

"Because she doesn't see any other option. But you know what this means? That the Author obviously wanted Melody to get her memories back and believe her actual memories."

Darryl paused, considering. "Yes, I suppose it does."

"So she just wanted the fun story. Which is good, because it means that she only left TLT because of the lack of story. Right? I mean, that's false dichotomy, but it's most likely."

"Yes, I suppose it does mean that. I hope she gets her memories back soon. Do you think she'll ever visit?"

Just now, Nameless said:

"Yes, I suppose it does mean that. I hope she gets her memories back soon. Do you think she'll ever visit?"

"I hope so too. And I hope she'll visit, but travel between here and TLT and TLT and there is hard. If X's avatar goes to find her, then she'll probably visit."

"You're not surrounded by Narrators. X's avatar's the only Narrator here, I'm pretty sure."

"Yeah, he is the only narrator, but you guys seem to be connected pretty strongly to narrators, and at least one Author has interest in your sister. It's almost the same thing."

"I don't think so, but okay. So, do we want to find a quest?"

"Well, you're not narrators, but I'd guess that you're completely immune to DS right now. As for a quest... Hm. I know the location of a few legendary weapons. We could seek out the temple of blades. Or we could find some magical elixir, or slay a monster of some kind. Or we could undertake a quest to answer the meaning of life. Is there anything in particular that you wanted to do?"