The Shortest Thread

Just now, Ookla the Reserved said:

"Y? That upstart assassin?" X's avatar frowned. "Was she causing trouble for my replacement?"

What do you know? Y actually first faced off against the original X's avatar.

"Yeah, she was trying to take his power so she could get out of thread." Medley nodded, finally understanding that there had been two X's avatars.

Just now, Ookla the Reserved said:

"Well, that can't have gone well for her," said X's avatar. "The power can't be stolen, only freely given."

"Well, some odd stuff happened. She kidnapped Melody and tried to trade I disguised as Melody so she could keep Melody - not sure why - but X put his power into I disguised as Melody because she ran away from Y to go trade for Melody because of his honor, then I ran away and took the actual Melody... It was weird."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Well, some odd stuff happened. She kidnapped Melody and tried to trade I disguised as Melody so she could keep Melody - not sure why - but X put his power into I disguised as Melody because she ran away from Y to go trade for Melody because of his honor, then I ran away and took the actual Melody... It was weird."

Darryl glanced at X's avatar distrustingly. "Wait, he lives here? How come I haven't heard of him?"

1 hour ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

X's avatar nodded. "I see," he said, understanding completely. "So what happened after that?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

"Huh. How would you tell her?"

"Oh, uh... so if she checks on us - she might have forgotten, she thinks she and Song are the only two who can check on each other - she can see how our minds feel and see our memories. And if I can tell that she's checking on me, then I can draw her attention to this memory.

"After that, they found I and Melody - I was kind of mean - and I gave her powers to Melody, then went to this place called Mishmash Inn. Then some people got mad because of the story, so Song and Melody went to the other place while Treble and X's avatar stayed."

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Oh, uh... so if she checks on us - she might have forgotten, she thinks she and Song are the only two who can check on each other - she can see how our minds feel and see our memories. And if I can tell that she's checking on me, then I can draw her attention to this memory.

"You can see each other's memories?"

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"After that, they found I and Melody - I was kind of mean - and I gave her powers to Melody, then went to this place called Mishmash Inn. Then some people got mad because of the story, so Song and Melody went to the other place while Treble and X's avatar stayed."

"She left me behind?" said X's avatar sadly.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Also, I went back and refreshed myself! Originally, the illusion was just so X's avatar wouldn't try to grab Melody and run. Y always intended to release Melody once she had X's avatar's power. If X's avatar had actually transferred the power as he was supposed to, and Y hadn't delivered Melody, the deal would have been void and the powers would have returned to X's avatar. But that didn't happen, since X's avatar transferred the powers to I disguised as Melody instead; so, as a retcon, I think that Y planned it that way all along. She still didn't expect it from X's avatar, though, since she hadn't realized he had been reincarnated.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

"She left me behind?" said X's avatar sadly.

Also, I went back and refreshed myself! Originally, the illusion was just so X's avatar wouldn't try to grab Melody and run. Y always intended to release Melody once she had X's avatar's power. If X's avatar had actually transferred the power as he was supposed to, and Y hadn't delivered Melody, the deal would have been void and the powers would have returned to X's avatar. But that didn't happen, since X's avatar transferred the powers to I disguised as Melody instead; so, as a retcon, I think that Y planned it that way all along. She still didn't expect it from X's avatar, though, since she hadn't realized he had been reincarnated.

Ah, interesting.

"She didn't want to, but she couldn't take the randomness and you - I mean he - apparently couldn't leave. So she's been trying to keep in touch but hasn't been able to. She kind of forgot everything from TLT, but then she met Gerald and he's helping her remember. He hasn't answered her about you, though." Medley smiled.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Ah, interesting.

"She didn't want to, but she couldn't take the randomness and you - I mean he - apparently couldn't leave. So she's been trying to keep in touch but hasn't been able to. She kind of forgot everything from TLT, but then she met Gerald and he's helping her remember. He hasn't answered her about you, though." Medley smiled.

"It's too bad I didn't die again," said X's avatar. "That's how I -this me- got out." He sighed. "Come on, Gerald!" he muttered. "How hard can it be? We had at least one conversation, right?"