The Shortest Thread

6 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

“Oh right, because of that thing you were telling her about.” Symphony nodded.

"Well, actually..." Darryl coughed. "That might have caused the problem. The sustainment matrix was set to strengthen the soul, but the soul didn't need to be strengthened, as she was in a body that could support her soul, for the most part. Once her soul was overfilled with power, however, my safeties kicked in, shunting the power into the focus, with the side effect of causing the focus to become indestructible."

Just now, Ookla the Unnamable said:

"Well, actually..." Darryl coughed. "That might have caused the problem. The sustainment matrix was set to strengthen the soul, but the soul didn't need to be strengthened, as she was in a body that could support her soul, for the most part. Once her soul was overfilled with power, however, my safeties kicked in, shunting the power into the focus, with the side effect of causing the focus to become indestructible."

"Well, you destroyed it... right? So it wasn't indestructible."

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Well, you destroyed it... right? So it wasn't indestructible."

"Well... I collapsed the spell, which then stopped the support matrix, leaving the focus filled with unstable energy with no direction, causing it to explode."

Just now, Ookla the Unnamable said:

"Well... I collapsed the spell, which then stopped the support matrix, leaving the focus filled with unstable energy with no direction, causing it to explode."

"I'm just going to pretend like I understood that. Medley's the one who likes that kind of stuff." Rhapsody smiled weakly.

"I'm just going to pretend like I understood that. Medley's the one who likes that kind of stuff." Rhapsody smiled weakly.

"Well, I can't really explain it better than that. Anyways, looks like the ambulance is here, so I should tell them what happened."

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Where is that ambulance? You certainly don't look fine. Why didn't you put the protective field around yourself instead of Medley?"

"Because I'm wearing armor that is enchanted to be indestructible. Apparently the explosion shorted out the enchantment."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Can I come along?" asked Capella.

"No, if anyone goes along it should be me." Rhapsody put her hands on her hips. "You two stay here and watch Medley."

Meanwhile, the paramedics were placing medley in an ambulance as well.

"Wait! She's all right, she's just unconscious because she was a cat and then it wasn't working so we turned her back!" yelled Symphony.

The paramedics glanced over at Symphony. "Well, we still have to run some tests. She seems to be glowing, which is generally not considered healthy."