The Shortest Thread

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

She grinned, staring at the bridge of her nose, which was illuminated by her eyes. Wow, that's cool. I wonder, did Darryl forsee that?

Darryl was still busily scribbling notes, occasionally waving his hands to summon arcane symbols.

Just now, Ookla the Unnamable said:

Darryl was still busily scribbling notes, occasionally waving his hands to summon arcane symbols.

Medley meowed. Hey, what's happening? She noticed a butterfly and hopped out of Salad's arms to go chase it, batting carefully at it. It was pretty, but not very tough.

Darryl glanced up as Medley moved, then froze. "Uh, Medley? Why are you glowing?"

I don't know, you're the one who did this! By the way, I wouldn't mind it if you left it. Medley meowed. She wasn't sure Darryl would understand her, though. It was fun being a cat! She batted at the butterfly, then raced to attack a piece of grass.

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

I don't know, you're the one who did this! By the way, I wouldn't mind it if you left it. Medley meowed. She wasn't sure Darryl would understand her, though. It was fun being a cat! She batted at the butterfly, then raced to attack a piece of grass.

"Hmm" Darryl pulled out a wand and pointed it at medley. His face grew ashen. He pulled out a delicate glass figurine, then smashed it into the ground. An explosion ensued.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

"Hmm" Darryl pulled out a wand and pointed it at medley. His face grew ashen. He pulled out a delicate glass figurine, then smashed it into the ground. An explosion ensued.

What was that? Medley hissed at the explosion. She ran to hide behind someone's feet. They smelled familiar... Rhapsody!

Rhapsody bent to pick up the kitten that was Medley. "What did you do? Why's she glowing?"

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

What was that? Medley hissed at the explosion. She ran to hide behind someone's feet. They smelled familiar... Rhapsody!

Rhapsody bent to pick up the kitten that was Medley. "What did you do? Why's she glowing?"

Darryl stumbled back from the explosion, coughing. He glanced at the center of the crater, where a not-so-delicate glass figurine sat, glowing almost too bright to look at. He looked at Rhapsody. "I-" He glanced at Medley, then back at the figurine, "I don't know. Something's gone wrong with the support matrix. I don't think that Medley's in immediate danger, but if I don't stop the spell quickly, I have no idea what long-term effects it might have. I-there's something I can do, but it might be dangerous. I can cut the spell from between the focus and Medley, ending it, but it would be far more... jarring, to Medley." He glanced at the figurine, which was starting to melt the ground around it.

Darryl stumbled back from the explosion, coughing. He glanced at the center of the crater, where a not-so-delicate glass figurine sat, glowing almost too bright to look at. He looked at Rhapsody. "I-" He glanced at Medley, then back at the figurine, "I don't know. Something's gone wrong with the support matrix. I don't think that Medley's in immediate danger, but if I don't stop the spell quickly, I have no idea what long-term effects it might have. I-there's something I can do, but it might be dangerous. I can cut the spell from between the focus and Medley, ending it, but it would be far more... jarring, to Medley." He glanced at the figurine, which was starting to melt the ground around it.

Medley meowed. No, I'm all right with this! I can be a cat, it's fun!

Rhapsody, Symphony, and Capella nodded in sync. "What do you mean, jarring? Because I get the feeling she's kind of enjoying this, although I can't know for sure. Could you predict the long-term effects?" Rhapsody asked.

14 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Medley meowed. No, I'm all right with this! I can be a cat, it's fun!

Rhapsody, Symphony, and Capella nodded in sync. "What do you mean, jarring? Because I get the feeling she's kind of enjoying this, although I can't know for sure. Could you predict the long-term effects?" Rhapsody asked.

"Well... does she want to be a cat forever? Because once that focus finishes overcharging itself and exploding, if she survives the explosion, that's the best-case scenario."

6 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Okay. Melody, do you want to stay a cat forever?"

Melody meowed. Could you turn me back with another circle if I got bored?

"Sure. Give me a week to study the spell to ascertain if it's possible, then five or six years to figure out how to do it. That's the best case scenario. Worst case scenario, after the focus overloads itself, the energy will go into your soul instead. No telling what that would do."