The Shortest Thread

1 minute ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Why you and not me?"

"because it's keyed to your specific identity in order to create a transformative matrix. The energy required for this transformative matrix is powerful enough to level a city, and if anyone besides you were to step into the circle and summon them, the identity key would be invalid, and there is no telling what would happen."

Just now, Ookla the Unnamable said:

"because it's keyed to your specific identity in order to create a transformative matrix. The energy required for this transformative matrix is powerful enough to level a city, and if anyone besides you were to step into the circle and summon them, the identity key would be invalid, and there is no telling what would happen."

"Transformative matrix? That sounds... oddly like you're trying to turn me into something."

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Transformative matrix? That sounds... oddly like you're trying to turn me into something."

"Well, yes, of course. The transformative matrix is keyed to not only soulcast your mass into another substance, in this case ice cream, but to also drain heat from the substance and transform your shape into that of something like this: -[]). While this is happening, a containment field will keep you soul from escaping to the beyond, while a sustainment matrix will keep your soul health-. BLAST. You got me talking technical again. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to make people think of you as a Dark Lord when you enjoy talking about technical details? why, I had to go to great effort in order to create this persona of evil. In fact, I even found a way to make a self-sustaining aura matrix that emanates dark energy around me, strengthening negative emotions while dampening positive ones. That was quite a difficult task, I assure you. Not as hard as the voice though. I still don't think I've gotten that quite right, you know. I had to summon up twenty-five Eldritch abominations before I found one that would even admit that its voice was darkened through magic, much less explain how it did so. I discovered that most creatures of darkness cause their voices to drip darkness subconsciously, because of the nature of their souls. I attempted to do the same, but modifying your own soul is extremely difficult even if you don't care about doing it saf-BAH, STEP INTO THE CIRCLE NOW, OR I WILL SIMPLY BURN THE FLESH FROM YOUR BONES! " "(Using a highly inventive spell of my own design. It actually teleports you into the void dimension, while teleporting a pre-charred set of bones that I prepared specifically for the task.)"

1 hour ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

"Well, yes, of course. The transformative matrix is keyed to not only soulcast your mass into another substance, in this case ice cream, but to also drain heat from the substance and transform your shape into that of something like this: -[]). While this is happening, a containment field will keep you soul from escaping to the beyond, while a sustainment matrix will keep your soul health-. BLAST. You got me talking technical again. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to make people think of you as a Dark Lord when you enjoy talking about technical details? why, I had to go to great effort in order to create this persona of evil. In fact, I even found a way to make a self-sustaining aura matrix that emanates dark energy around me, strengthening negative emotions while dampening positive ones. That was quite a difficult task, I assure you. Not as hard as the voice though. I still don't think I've gotten that quite right, you know. I had to summon up twenty-five Eldritch abominations before I found one that would even admit that its voice was darkened through magic, much less explain how it did so. I discovered that most creatures of darkness cause their voices to drip darkness subconsciously, because of the nature of their souls. I attempted to do the same, but modifying your own soul is extremely difficult even if you don't care about doing it saf-BAH, STEP INTO THE CIRCLE NOW, OR I WILL SIMPLY BURN THE FLESH FROM YOUR BONES! " "(Using a highly inventive spell of my own design. It actually teleports you into the void dimension, while teleporting a pre-charred set of bones that I prepared specifically for the task.)"

"Um... so you're saying you're either going to turn me into ice cream or send me into the void dimension? Also, I think technical knowledge is a good deal useful and should be utilised. That's quite interesting, I'd love to chat more about it with you." Medley smiled winningly. "Plus, if you try to burn the flesh from my bones then you might end up burning someone else's. My twins look exactly like me because we're actually clones!"

1 hour ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Um... so you're saying you're either going to turn me into ice cream or send me into the void dimension? Also, I think technical knowledge is a good deal useful and should be utilised. That's quite interesting, I'd love to chat more about it with you." Medley smiled winningly. "Plus, if you try to burn the flesh from my bones then you might end up burning someone else's. My twins look exactly like me because we're actually clones!"

Oh my gosh! I had totally forgotten about the cloning tree!

19 hours ago, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Oh my gosh! I had totally forgotten about the cloning tree!

Yeah, remember that old thing? Good times, good times. I changed it up slightly in The Linear Thread: Melody and Song are twins who can communicate from mind to mind and Medley, Rhapsody, Symphony, and Capella are her older sisters.

22 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Darryl waved Medley's concerns aside, grinning evilly. "Don't worry, I spent quite a bit of time working out the solution to problems like that. Even if your soul was created an identical copy of someone else's, my spell would still be able to tell the difference by your memories and physical location. Even if you managed to make yourself identical in every way to someone else, it would simply send both of you to the void realm." He paused. "Do you really want to chat about technical stuff?"

Edited by Ookla the Unnamable

1 minute ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

Darryl waved Medley's concerns aside, grinning evilly. "Don't worry, I spent quite a bit of time working out the solution to problems like that. Even if your soul was created an identical copy of someone else's, my spell would still be able to tell the difference by your memories and physical location. Even if you managed to make yourself identical in every way to someone else, it would simply send both of you to the void realm." He paused. "Do you really want to chat about technical stuff?"

"Yes, it's one of my passions! Tell me more about the sustainment matrix you were mentioning!"

"Yes, it's one of my passions! Tell me more about the sustainment matrix you were mentioning!"

"Oh, well, it was really tricky to make. When most people make transformative spells, they either make them instantly kill them, or simply make a containment matrix to keep their soul trapped, thereby keeping the unfortunate transformee "alive". The problem with this, however is that the soul degrades rather quickly, leading to extreme pain, insanity, and, eventually, death. To combat this, I created a sustainment matrix that should keep the soul alive and healthy. I say "should" because I've yet to test it."

Just now, Ookla the Unnamable said:

"Oh, well, it was really tricky to make. When most people make transformative spells, they either make them instantly kill them, or simply make a containment matrix to keep their soul trapped, thereby keeping the unfortunate transformee "alive". The problem with this, however is that the soul degrades rather quickly, leading to extreme pain, insanity, and, eventually, death. To combat this, I created a sustainment matrix that should keep the soul alive and healthy. I say "should" because I've yet to test it."

"Sounds complicated. You definitely deserve congratulations."

"Sounds complicated. You definitely deserve congratulations."

"Why thank you! Say, would you like to test out the sustainment matrix for me?" Darryl glanced at the ground. "With a few adjustments, this spell could transform you into just about anything." 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Could it possibly transform me back afterward?"

"Oh yes, of course. It would be easy to undo the spell. All you would have to do would be to destroy the focus, in this case my indestructible helm of... maybe I should change the focus." Darryl knelt and began scratching out some arcane symbols in the circle, replacing them with others" 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

"Oh yes, of course. It would be easy to undo the spell. All you would have to do would be to destroy the focus, in this case my indestructible helm of... maybe I should change the focus." Darryl knelt and began scratching out some arcane symbols in the circle, replacing them with others" 

"After that I'd be happy to help you out! Provided, of course, you get your ice cream elsewhere." Medley smiled, laughing a bit.

"After that I'd be happy to help you out! Provided, of course, you get your ice cream elsewhere." Medley smiled, laughing a bit.

"Ah, yes. Sorry about that. I do believe that I got a little too carried away with the whole "dark lord" thing. Maybe modifying my soul was a bad idea." Darryl looked up at Medley. "What would you like to be transformed into?"

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

"Ah, yes. Sorry about that. I do believe that I got a little too carried away with the whole "dark lord" thing. Maybe modifying my soul was a bad idea." Darryl looked up at Medley. "What would you like to be transformed into?"

"Yes, modifying one's soul is often a bad idea, if not always. Maybe start with something easier, and non-edible?"

"Okay!" Medley, holding her breath, stepped into the center of the circle.

Darryl glanced at Ene and the boulder suspiciously, then waved his hand. The circle flashed briefly with a blinding blue light and sprayed everyone around, including Ene's boulder, with fine white powder. In the center of the circle was a black cat with white stripes.