The Shortest Thread

The snack table was a safe zone, unless you stayed there for too long and people started to wonder why you keep on eating chips and not interacting with anyone.

(I’m on mobile so I don’t have the strikethrough option, so brackets will have to do) (Now that you mention it, it would be a cool game idea. A mixture of stealth, choose your own path, and something else maybe) 

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

(But also with the introvert video game, instead of battles, there are Conversations. Like say you're on a street, and people are just walking around, but if you get to close to a person, a Conversation is started. During the conversation you have the "talk" option, where you can select a variety of phrases like "how are you?" and stuff like that. There is one right phrase, and there is a timer. If the timer runs out, then you lose SE (social energy, instead of HP). The aim is to reduce the other person's SE so that they are too tired to talk to you, but if your SE runs out then you are to drained to continue the Conversation and you have to go back home in defeat. The "phone" option is basically a run button, where you can escape Conversations by pretending to check your phone. While walking around on the street, you can avoid Conversations by having your headphones in. However, the battery life of your phone will drain more quickly, and if it runs out, you won't be able to use your headphones. Additionally, it will be much harder to escape from Conversations, as the other person might notice your phone isn't on. There are a number of status conditions that may be inflicted during Conversations. These include awkwardness, sadness, anger and panic. These can be induced by your opponent, with an item, or by selecting certain dialogue options.)

hello, may I enter the conversation?  Like that.

The final level involved a choice between becoming living on an island forever, or, if your social skills were high enough level, you could get the true ending and re-enter society as a slightly less awkward introvert.

Edit: maybe I don't understand this as well as I though I did.

Edited by Nameless

9 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Umm, I still have no idea what you're talking about. (Sorry)

Not your fault, I’m just bad at explaining. If you type [s.] (thing you want to say goes here) [/s.] but without the periods inside the brackets - I’m adding them so it shows what I’m trying to say instead of striking through - then it will strike through the stuff in the parenthesis. Sorry, meant to send that last night but the internet went off. 

Edited by AonEne

10 hours ago, Nameless said:

hello, may I enter the conversation?  Like that.

Of course you can! And no you didn’t do it wrong. I don’t think there is a right or wrong way :P. We were just typing out random ideas for a videogame (well I was, anyway). 

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

Not your fault, I’m just bad at explaining. If you type [s.] (thing you want to say goes here) [/s.] but without the periods inside the brackets - I’m adding them so it shows what I’m trying to say instead of striking through - then it will strike through the stuff in the parenthesis. Sorry, meant to send that last night but the internet went off. 

Ohhhhh okay, that makes sense now. Hang on, let me try. Salad is the best

Edit: Yay it worked!

Edited by The Awakened Salad

6 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Of course you can! And no you didn’t do it wrong. I don’t think there is a right or wrong way :P. We were just typing out random ideas for a videogame (well I was, anyway).

I was talking about the crossing out thing. I didn't mean to cross out my entire post.

6 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

However, that was unimportant.

Everyone looked expectantly at the Ghanderflaffle empire, expecting it to rise. The ruins of the once great kingdom smoked more violently for a few seconds, then stopped.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:03 PM, The Awakened Salad said:

The thread slowly opens its eyes... It blinks, and shifts its weight on the seafloor. Sand rises up around it, enveloping the thread in an almost-cocoon. Small fish dart out of its way, and scatter into the darkness. Something seems to shift, and then the thread rises from the sand towards the surface. The light shines down, beckoning. Finally, the thread breaks the surface, and feels the warmth of the sun for the first time in millennia (read: four days).

TST is awake once more. 

In a small village on the edge of the world, a man picked flowers for his goat. 

Wait! You forgot about the Waffles.