Could Oathgates be built and activated on other Cosmere worlds?

Ryan Diggory

Question

6 answers to this question

the oathgates we have seen are moderated by spren, and it is apparently very hard to take spren offworld.  that said Selish magics are obscenely versatile, so Elatrians could probably make something equivalent to an oathgate using the AonDor.

9 minutes ago, Ryan Diggory said:

Could they connect?

That would likely take some work, but I imagine it could be done.  though I'm not sure what kind of power it would take to jump offworld like that.  you might only be able to actually use the oathgate to jump offworld in a highstorm or something where there is ample investiture available.  hard to say though, since we don't have a lot of detail on the power needs for them.

Just now, Dunkum said:

That would likely take some work, but I imagine it could be done.  though I'm not sure what kind of power it would take to jump offworld like that.  you might only be able to actually use the oathgate to jump offworld in a highstorm or something where there is ample investiture available.  hard to say though, since we don't have a lot of detail on the power needs for them.

Yeah I don't think we know enough about how they work to say for sure if they could connect in a practical manner. But theoretically, it should be possible?