7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yes. Last time I missed the start, so I fell behind. That's why I was so inactive.

5 hours ago, Snipexe said:

Earlier is better yes.

I’ll move the start time forward, then - let’s open sometime 3-5pm on Friday afternoon Cali time.

3 hours ago, I am a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

I’m not available this weekend:(

That’s unfortunate. The majority has spoken, though - and you could probably rejoin in time to play the entirety of the second round.

Given the earlier start, a draft for teams will go up today, everybody. If you want to sign up, do so soon!

29 minutes ago, Babilarian Darkeyes said:

If you are doing majorities then I clearly should have posted here instead of pming you (via Discord). If you start at 3 to 5 PT tomorrow you will have two more very active players who will miss the first 24 hours plus.

Oh... right. (Sorry, Discord has been malfunctioning for me recently.)

How about a Saturday Cali start (24 hours later)? I’m fairly certain you’re available then, and hopefully it’s early enough for @xinoehp512 and @Snipexe.

First draft of new teams. People requested a shuffle and balance, so I have done a randomised shuffle and then tried to account for solving power. Tell me if you’re happy with balance, and your teammates.

Team 1:

Team 2:

Team 3:

39 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I was concerned with Team 2's ability, as I have -1 SPR (solving power rating), but now with Gancho we should be good I think. : )

Same here, my friend. I have experience, but possibly not the brain haha.

1 hour ago, MetaTerminal said:

First draft of new teams. People requested a shuffle and balance, so I have done a randomised shuffle and then tried to account for solving power. Tell me if you’re happy with balance, and your teammates.

Team 1:

Team 2:

Team 3:

One team has 5 people, and I won’t be available till Monday night (CA) so I think I should be on the 5 person team

15 minutes ago, I am a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

One team has 5 people, and I won’t be available till Monday night (CA) so I think I should be on the 5 person team

My first thought was: Honestly I think that team can probably cope with three for a few days, unless they think otherwise. The other thing is that I tried to balance experienced players across the board (three per team) and I’m afraid that matchups like Exalted+Fura or Exalted+RShara will give that team undue advantage, and swapping you for a new player will mean the third team is down to two previous players. Snip will also be going inactive (not sure when) so by the week the second team will be down a player.

My thinking now is that we could move Snip to your team so you have consistently four players, but that depends on how the second team feels about losing that experience. (I think they’ll be fine, but they are better judges. And obviously we should ask what @Snipexe thinks and when he’ll go inactive.)

Edited by MetaTerminal

1 minute ago, MetaTerminal said:

My first thought was: Honestly I think that team can probably cope with three for a few days, unless they think otherwise. The other thing is that I tried to balance experienced players across the board (three per team) and I’m afraid that matchups like Exalted+Fura or Exalted+RShara will give that team undue advantage, and swapping you for a new player will mean the third team is down to two. Snip will also be going inactive (not sure when) so by the week the second team will be down a player.

My thinking now is that we could move Snip to your team so you have consistently four players, but that depends on how the second team feels about losing that experience. (I think they’ll be fine, but they are better judges. And obviously we should ask what @Snipexe thinks and when he’ll go inactive.)

P1: makes sense 

P2: good plan 

8 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

I’ll be gone for 3 days from June 3-6

That’s late enough that I don’t think it will be a problem (you might miss the last part of the final round) but if I get confirmation from your current teammates then I’ll move you to Team 3, if you’re okay with that.

All PMs have been sent. Everyone (with the exclusion of Snip, who will be added to their PM momentarily) should have received their Team PM. If you have signed up, and have not yet received a PM, let me know.

Signups are still open, and will only close when the first round is released in just over 24 hours time.

In addition, I have discovered that I will be unavailable to receive answers for several hours after the first round opens - hopefully that won’t present any logistical issues, but I’m just letting you know ahead of time that your first few answers may not be checked immediately.

13 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

Signups are still open, and will only close when the first round is released in just over 24 hours time.

Looks like I will be around at least some of this weekend! Can I still jump in a team? I do not know what I am doing, but that rarely stopped me :D 

49 minutes ago, Moonrise said:

Looks like I will be around at least some of this weekend! Can I still jump in a team? I do not know what I am doing, but that rarely stopped me :D 

Of course! Since Team 2 just got a player moved out, you’ll be joining that team.

Also, new players, if you have no clue what’s going on, feel free to drop a line to either myself or experienced team members to ask for help to explain in more detail. This is a quite complex competition so you’re definitely not expected to understand everything.

11 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I have no preferences on how the teams go, personally, just to throw that out there.

Excellent! Make sure to check into your Team PM, the majority of your interaction with the competition and puzzles will happen there.