Detective Pikachu

Like: The first half of the movie, the Mr. Mime scene, Ryan Reynolds, Justice Smith, poor poor Cubone, Mewtwo.

Didn’t like: Reporter Girl(don’t remember her name and I don’t care to), the lack of good humor in the second half of the movie

Insanely adorable: Growlith

Nightmare fuel: Ditto(THE EYES!)

Edited by Jaywalk

2 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Didn’t like: Reporter Girl(don’t remember her name and I don’t care to)

I'm not the only one! (Her name was Lucy.)

Edited by AonEne

Just now, Lunamor said:

Right?! Some children (and maybe even adults) are going to have some serious nightmares after seeing that. Those eyes will never leave my brain.

It was fine when it morphed into Pokemon, but I was seriously creeped out when the lady took her glasses off.

Just now, AonEne said:

I'm not the only one!

I don’t know why Tim liked her so much. :ph34r:

Just now, Jaywalk said:

It was fine when it morphed into Pokemon, but I was seriously creeped out when the lady took her glasses off.

Humans with the eyes were what really creeped me out. Lucy/reporter girl with the eyes was the worst.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:11 PM, Invocation said:

liked the movie. I curse myself, though, for predicting the twist in the end that would have been killer to experience firsthand.

But nooooooooooo, I just had to theorize.

>:(

I feel you. The exact same thing happened for me when I watched Us. I predicted the plot twist in the first five minutes based on a single clip that was present in the trailer, but wasn’t present in the first iteration of the relevant scene. It sucked all of the joy out of the reveal. 

Thankfully, when I watched Detective Pikachu, I remained hopelessly oblivious for not one, not two, but three separate reveals. 

Spoiler

1. The big one. The fact that Pikachu was actually Tim’s dad.

2. The ditto reveal.

3. That the bad guy was the old man and not his son. See, when I saw the video in the train at the beginning describing him as altruistic, my immediate reaction was “Yep. That old mans the villain.” But then when Pikachu straight up called dittos black van “the bad guys vehicle” only for the old dude to turn out nice, I thought it was all red herrings. And why am I providing this long explanation? Because I totally should have still seen it coming and didn’t :P.

On 5/19/2019 at 4:36 PM, AonEne said:

Which twist?

Spoiler

The reveal that Pikachu was secretly Tim’s dad the whole time. 

3 hours ago, ILuvHats said:

3. That the bad guy was the old man and not his son. See, when I saw the video in the train at the beginning describing him as altruistic, my immediate reaction was “Yep. That old mans the villain.” But then when Pikachu straight up called dittos black van “the bad guys vehicle” only for the old dude to turn out nice, I thought it was all red herrings. And why am I providing this long explanation? Because I totally should have still seen it coming and didn’t :P.

Yeah, that's on you. Literally everybody saw that coming.

What i get from the trailer

Pikachu helps a guy find his father. Mewtwo appears and kills everybody. Also pikachu should not be a world class detective, he should be a comidian. Or maybe he is...  you never know

That's what i dislike about trailers. They tell you one thing but the movie is actually totally different.  

9 hours ago, Kaladin's successor said:

What i get from the trailer

Pikachu helps a guy find his father. Mewtwo appears and kills everybody. Also pikachu should not be a world class detective, he should be a comidian. Or maybe he is...  you never know

Trailer does not do it justice. Yeah, it's full of comedy but there's also emotional interactions that mean a lot.