Lunamor

Detective Pikachu

19 posts in this topic

Here you can discuss the movie and what you liked/didn’t like/thought was insanely adorable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Like: The first half of the movie, the Mr. Mime scene, Ryan Reynolds, Justice Smith, poor poor Cubone, Mewtwo.

Didn’t like: Reporter Girl(don’t remember her name and I don’t care to), the lack of good humor in the second half of the movie

Insanely adorable: Growlith

Nightmare fuel: Ditto(THE EYES!)

Edited by Jaywalk
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jaywalk said:

Nightmare fuel: Ditto

Right?! Some children (and maybe even adults) are going to have some serious nightmares after seeing that. Those eyes will never leave my brain.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Didn’t like: Reporter Girl(don’t remember her name and I don’t care to)

I'm not the only one! (Her name was Lucy.)

Edited by AonEne
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lunamor said:

Right?! Some children (and maybe even adults) are going to have some serious nightmares after seeing that. Those eyes will never leave my brain.

It was fine when it morphed into Pokemon, but I was seriously creeped out when the lady took her glasses off.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AonEne said:

I'm not the only one!

I don’t know why Tim liked her so much. :ph34r:

Just now, Jaywalk said:

It was fine when it morphed into Pokemon, but I was seriously creeped out when the lady took her glasses off.

Humans with the eyes were what really creeped me out. Lucy/reporter girl with the eyes was the worst.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I'm not the only one! (Her name was Lucy.)

Ah, I remember now. She was pretty useless for most of the movie.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Ah, I remember now. She was pretty useless for most of the movie.

Yeah. I liked Psyduck, though.

Psyduck psyduck!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the movie. I curse myself, though, for predicting the twist in the end that would have been killer to experience firsthand.

But nooooooooooo, I just had to theorize.

>:(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which twist?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this on Friday night and never thought I'd see a movie where Pikachu asked someone to smell it's finger. Incredible feat of work and some tremendous scenes!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 11:11 PM, Invocation said:

liked the movie. I curse myself, though, for predicting the twist in the end that would have been killer to experience firsthand.

But nooooooooooo, I just had to theorize.

>:(

I feel you. The exact same thing happened for me when I watched Us. I predicted the plot twist in the first five minutes based on a single clip that was present in the trailer, but wasn’t present in the first iteration of the relevant scene. It sucked all of the joy out of the reveal. 

Thankfully, when I watched Detective Pikachu, I remained hopelessly oblivious for not one, not two, but three separate reveals. 

Spoiler

1. The big one. The fact that Pikachu was actually Tim’s dad.

2. The ditto reveal.

3. That the bad guy was the old man and not his son. See, when I saw the video in the train at the beginning describing him as altruistic, my immediate reaction was “Yep. That old mans the villain.” But then when Pikachu straight up called dittos black van “the bad guys vehicle” only for the old dude to turn out nice, I thought it was all red herrings. And why am I providing this long explanation? Because I totally should have still seen it coming and didn’t :P.

 

On 5/19/2019 at 4:36 PM, AonEne said:

 

Which twist?

 

Spoiler

The reveal that Pikachu was secretly Tim’s dad the whole time. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 4:36 PM, AonEne said:

Which twist?

A few of them.

Spoiler

The "Pikadad" one, the Ditto one (pink gloves got me clued in there), and the Reynolds appearance.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Reynolds appearance? (Also, I don't think we have to speak in spoilers here. The thread was made for movie discussion.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ILuvHats said:

3. That the bad guy was the old man and not his son. See, when I saw the video in the train at the beginning describing him as altruistic, my immediate reaction was “Yep. That old mans the villain.” But then when Pikachu straight up called dittos black van “the bad guys vehicle” only for the old dude to turn out nice, I thought it was all red herrings. And why am I providing this long explanation? Because I totally should have still seen it coming and didn’t :P.

Yeah, that's on you. Literally everybody saw that coming.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What i get from the trailer

 

Pikachu helps a guy find his father. Mewtwo appears and kills everybody. Also pikachu should not be a world class detective, he should be a comidian. Or maybe he is...  you never know

 

That's what i dislike about trailers. They tell you one thing but the movie is actually totally different.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kaladin's successor said:

What i get from the trailer

 

Pikachu helps a guy find his father. Mewtwo appears and kills everybody. Also pikachu should not be a world class detective, he should be a comidian. Or maybe he is...  you never know

Trailer does not do it justice. Yeah, it's full of comedy but there's also emotional interactions that mean a lot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Yeah, that's on you. Literally everybody saw that coming.

Everybody.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wander89 said:

...but there's also emotional interactions that mean a lot.

Like, one?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.