When/why did the first Sprenbonds return after the Recreance?

equinox

Question

Disregarding the Skybreakers, we know that Jasnah was a proto-Radiant the night Gavilar died. Shallan probably knew Pattern even before that. And Gavilar himself was on the Bondsmith-path receiving visions. Do we know of any earlier Bonds?

Anyways.. Honor "died" centuries before all that. Taln returned from Braize much later. So what triggered the new rise of Radiancy during these past few years? 

Edited by equinox

3 answers to this question

I got the impression that the Skybreakers did not hunt Radiants the whole time...

From Edgedancer ch. 9:

“You said that there is a second Surgebinder in the city,” the woman said. “We can find—” “She is mine,” Darkness said evenly. “You will continue your mission. Find the one who has been hiding here since we arrived.” He narrowed his eyes. “If we don’t stop one, others will congregate. They clump together. I have often found them making contact with one another, these last five years, if I leave them alone. They must be drawn to each other.”

Thanks though for your answer. I wish we knew more about Spren societies and their motivations. :)

5 minutes ago, equinox said:

From Edgedancer ch. 9:

I don't think that means that they weren't hunting the newly formed Radiants the whole time, only that recently, rather than laying low and staying solo, the new Radiants had been grouping together more so there wasn't any room for leniency anymore.