Followers 0
Mah'alleinir

Tavi swearing 2nd windrunner ideal

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I was re-reading Codex Alera and found this funny match

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-15 at 23.32.58.jpeg

Edited by Mah'alleinir

A great series, though I've only read it once, and found the first couple of books less exciting than the last. 

I think of Tavi as a Bondsmith or Edgedancer personally. He's great at uniting people, and he also has a habit of listening to people that nobody else listens to (which is HOW he manages to unite several very different species against a threat).

Crossover confirmed. 

Of course to keep the spirit of Codex Alera, you'd need Tavi to not bond a spren for a very long time when it's commonplace, but find some justification for it that fits into the Cosmere's mechanics. Isana being a Truthwatcher and doing some Regrowth shenanigans when he was an infant that 'filled' the spiritweb cracks a Nahel Bond would fit into until the Investiture wore off, maybe. Or since Tavi seems like he'd make a great Bondsmith, have him unknowingly bond the Sibling and they can't deepen the bond to the point of conscious surgebinding until something happens in the world that causes the Sibling to 'wake up'.

Now I'm thinking of how many fun crossover meetings there would be if these two worlds collided. Let's see, Adolin and Max would probably become awesome drinking buddies and I'm sure Adolin would also be interested in chatting up dueling technique with Araris (could Metalcrafting counter a Shardblade, I wonder?), Kitai and Lift would get into entirely too much trouble together, the Cursors would have a field day trading tips with Shallan and teaming up to investigate all of Roshar's secret societies and even though you know she'd end up squashed like a bug, seeing Invidia try to out-chessmaster and then backstab Odium would be entertaining as anything.

And in the background, Hoid and Alera munch on popcorn.

5 hours ago, Weltall said:

Of course to keep the spirit of Codex Alera, you'd need Tavi to not bond a spren for a very long time when it's commonplace, but find some justification for it that fits into the Cosmere's mechanics. Isana being a Truthwatcher and doing some Regrowth shenanigans when he was an infant that 'filled' the spiritweb cracks a Nahel Bond would fit into until the Investiture wore off, maybe. Or since Tavi seems like he'd make a great Bondsmith, have him unknowingly bond the Sibling and they can't deepen the bond to the point of conscious surgebinding until something happens in the world that causes the Sibling to 'wake up'.

Now I'm thinking of how many fun crossover meetings there would be if these two worlds collided. Let's see, Adolin and Max would probably become awesome drinking buddies and I'm sure Adolin would also be interested in chatting up dueling technique with Araris (could Metalcrafting counter a Shardblade, I wonder?), Kitai and Lift would get into entirely too much trouble together, the Cursors would have a field day trading tips with Shallan and teaming up to investigate all of Roshar's secret societies and even though you know she'd end up squashed like a bug, seeing Invidia try to out-chessmaster and then backstab Odium would be entertaining as anything.

And in the background, Hoid and Alera munch on popcorn.

Isana and Navani should chat.

Meanwhile Barnard and Dalinar go out for a beer.