The Newcago Court

Quiver

"Sounds great." Winter said, sarcasm dripping in buckets. "Let's just go on this random spaceship and fly off to who knows where. I say we figure out the root of the problem before doing anything at all. How are you, my Queen?" Winter asked, suddenly nervous. People without compound Gold were fragile. "Also, are these ships run on Investiture? Because my Tia earlier was interrupted before I could get Queen Elsa to safety." Suddenly the scream sounded again, now close. Very close.

"I'm fine. I have to stay here. My people need me! The castle will fall down any moment now and I have to make sure everyone is safe before I commence building a new, larger, castle."

She turned to a guard. "Has everyone been evacuated?" The guard replied with a yes, but inside the castle came two ear piecing screams.

They belonged to Princess Delightful and Duchess Brightness Random.

Her sister and the duchess were in grave danger.

"Winter, I need you to help me to rescue them."

Without even waiting for an answer, Queen Elsa ran into the castle.

Winter looked around. "Someone's missing." She said, suddenly panicked. "Brightness Random's gone. She must be still in the castle. I need to go back!" Another scream, this one even higher and worse. It pierced Winter's ears, making it impossible to think. The scream. Everything was about it. Winter didn't even notice when she collapsed to the ground, her own screams joining the noise. It wasn't just out loud, her own Savant enhanced bronze inner ear was hearing it too. It was just wrong. So wrong. It destroyed. A decay. Winter regained the capability to stop burning bronze for a moment. As Winter checked her reserves, she saw a strange sight. Her Investiture, it was twisted. It was literally corrupted by a dark red power. Winter saw into Shadesmar for a moment and a lot of the spheres had a dark red vine around it, squeezing it. Twisting it. Winter felt herself fall back into her Physical self. "My Investiture has been corrupted." Winter gasped, out of breath. "Preservation. Something is wrong with my Allomancy. Maybe Ruin as well." Winter burned, aluminum, hoping it was still okay. Her metals disappeared. Ice fell from above, then stopped in mid air. It floated there and then disintegrated. The ground turned slippery. "Gravity, Friction... The Surges as well. Is there anything untouched?"

(What do you mean ninja'd?)

They walked further into the castle, there was water everywhere, and the ice was extremely slippery. One of the pieces in the ice stairs were missing and there was a giant chandileer tipping to its side.

They approached the ballroom and the situation started to look even worse, with the food and tables tipped on their side and the copy

of Way of King still there.

Queen Elsa picked up the book to return to the Duchess but then, on the other side of the Ballroom, she reconised someone very familiar she hadn't see for a while. It was Princess Delightful.

Immediately the sisters proceeded to have a reunion, but then another scream came from the staircase leading up to the ballroom.

After making her way back into the palace in total darkness, Brightness Random had been happily surprised to find a touch that had been left burning. What? she had wondered, ​I thought they would have put out all the lights - especially if they were fires. But it seemed everyone had forgotten this place. Drawing closer to the torch she could see it was lighting a shrine of some sort. That's... Disconcerting...

As she went grab the torch from beside the shrine's alter, she could see a statue carved from the stone. Was that-? Was that Voidus? Yes, the statue was of Voidus, holding a tray of cookies. Beside was the inscription: 

Little did they know that they actually knew what they didn't know that they knew.

Shaking her head to herself, Brightness Random tried to lift the torch from it's bracket, but her fingers slipped off. What? She tried again with the same result. A moment later, she slipped, falling to her knees. First gravitation, now abrasion? she wondered, are all the surges going crazy? Hmm... With something like progression the results wouldn't be too bad, but division? Transformation? It could be disastrous!

After a minute or two, the friction seemed to be back to normal, and she shakily made her way to her feet. Carefully this time, she lifted the torch and began climbing the staircase back to the ballroom. The stairs were wet. Almost there... she thought.

There was a noise behind her, and Brightness Random turned, eyes widening as she saw what was behind her, and screamed loudly. That was the last thing she remembered before blacking out.

I don't think the list would fit, Snoopy, which I find ridiculous, considering that I've only been a member for about a week. Let us suffice to say that your first crime was trying to spike me, an innocent young girl who had only just joined the 17th Shard. (And all others who join...)

I do suppose, though, that you let me join the Root Beer Bar, which is a point in your favor.

(But Cookie Monster?! Really? I was thinking that Odium had come to shatter a Shard, which was why all the magic was going bonkers...)

Edited by Brightness Random

To help get things moving again...

Brightness Random awoke in darkness. Her head hurt, and the floor was cold. Where... where was she? What had happened?

She couldn't seem to remember. Then again, she was still mostly asleep. It was pitch black around her, and she was too tired to try getting up and feeling her way around. So she closed her eyes, despite the voices she heard approaching, and went back to sleep.

The Queen ran up the stairs leading to where she found the Duchess, unconscious and one of her ice dragons that protected the tower tunnels of the palace, leaning over her, sharp teeth out and growling.

"Fang! No!" She screamed. The dragon immediately looked up and stood on its hind legs, obedient to the Queen's command.

"What have you done?" She gasped, looking at the Duchess's arm dripping with blood. She knew Fang only attacked intruders, but obviously he hadn't reconised the new Duchess.

Fang picked up the unconscious Duchess in its mouth and followed the Queen and Winter through the tunnels leading outside where The Duchess was put in a nearby mansion that belonged to the Baron.

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

Delightful looked down at the woman she had just knocked out. Her hounds growled at her feet. The girl seemed harmless enough, but Delightful knew better than any other that looks could be devastatingly deceiving. Newcago was literally collapsing, and here was a stranger sneaking around the backways that should be a secret. How had this woman found out? What had she done?

Delightful glanced to the side, noticing the shrine to Voidus.

That's new she thought. I sure hope Elsa Steelheart has more sense than to worship him. 

Ninja'd. Hang on, I'll reply to this development.

Delightful ran behind Elsa, her hounds snapping at her heels. What on earth was her sister thinking? Taking a stranger through the back tunnels? A stranger who could be behind all of this? Did she want to reveal all of Newcago's secrets? Her own - she shivered - the portal to the Heralds torture chamber in Damnation?

The earth trembled. Maybe it was too late anyway. Hopefully the Heralds would stay chained in, and these disturbances wouldn't disturb them at all.

The ceiling crumbled and dust fell to the ground around her. Delightful ducker her head and ran. Self-preservation came first. They would sort out the fallout of Newcago's self-destruction and the strange Vorin woman later.

Edited by Delightful

As far as I'm aware, Elsa and Brightness Random are running out through the tunnels after Brightness was knocked out by the guard dragon. Delightful is supicious of the stranger brightness and is running after them as Newcago continues collapsing.  Winter Cloud is (??) dealing with Investiture issues and LeftVash is at the Barony. Would anyone care to clarify/contradict?

The Herald thing was a reference to the brief time my rep was Torturer of Heralds and there was some rp joking/drama about that, and having a herald-torturing place within Newcago .....this was involved with BreathTaker and the Raven Throne for a while.

Edited by Delightful