The Newcago Court

Quiver

Well because I can advise the queen to fight solely for you, she usually listens to my advice. Really though, even if you are leader of a pack you should refrain from raising your voice at the empress.

My Empress, the barony has already sided with the factions opposed to the DA I would recommend either neutrality or joining in the crusade. Joining in the crusade is obviously more interesting.

A burst of fire lit the room briefly, at their center a metal plaque formed before falling to the ground next to Queen Elsa.

To her Highness, Elsa Steelheart, Queen of Newcago, sovereign of ice and Epic,

I do hope that this missive finds you, a new experiment in the combination of Fabrial science and Hemalurgy, the wavelengths were a bit tricky to synchronize and the pulses from different Shardic Investitures were a nightmare but I think we finally managed it.
The Dark Alley is having a spot of bother with some newcomers trying to disrupt our market share, while we do appreciate the sponsorship and relationship between the Newcago court and the Dark Alley we do request that these differences be allowed to settle without outside intervention. While we do not ask for any assistance we would appreciate a pledge of non-intervention so that the alley may be allowed to settle these differences of opinion and resolve certain disputes with our less-than-happy former-ally the wolfkind known as
Winter.
Hoping you are well,

Voidus, First Lurker of the Alleys, Head of Sales

Winter growled, frustrated. Anything to do with Voidus, or any of the Dark Alley, stormed Winter off. "I'm not going to be allied with someone who endorses the Dark Alley. You know those cookies are the reason why I have these." Winter pointed at the spike in her leg. "You still support them, why? And no, I'm not going to calm down. Diplomacy is for diplomats." 

"Can I trust you?" Winter demanded. "Nobody trusts the person who fights for both sides. How do I know that if it comes to a battle your forces will fight me or them?"

"You can. You both can. I am splitting my troupes evenly between the two." She turned to the general. "Split the shardbladers and the archers evenly."

"Definitely. Just let me know when the date comes."

Queen Elsa stamped her foot into the floor, creating a massive dance floor with a shiny steel surface. It was time for what she had promised the Panda, a great Newcagoan Danceoff. Something different she hadn't tried before and looked forward to it. She had redecorated the Ballroom and there was tables of food just next to the back wall of the ballroom. The disco lights were working. It was time to begin.

edit: Sorry about the double post

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

Snoopy popped his head in and said, "Queen Elsa, I just wanted to let you know that the brewery has been set up. I brought some already brewed root beer from the main Bar for the dance-off, but your brewery should be turning out quality product shortly. I hope you enjoy!" He stuck around for a minute to do a quick jig.

Snoopy popped his head in and said, "Queen Elsa, I just wanted to let you know that the brewery has been set up. I brought some already brewed root beer from the main Bar for the dance-off, but your brewery should be turning out quality product shortly. I hope you enjoy!" He stuck around for a minute to do a quick jig.

"Thank you very much again!"

As the court continued their dance off, one of the tall, icy doors slid open. As the various lords and ladies turned, a head peaked around the door and into the frosted room. "Oh! Um, hello!" squeaked the newcomer, a young lady in a flowing cloak of apple green. She slipped into the room, closing the door behind her. After checking that it was closed properly, she turned to the room's occupants and cleared her throat. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything, but is the this the Newcago Court, ruled by the illustrious queen Elsa?"

All was quiet in the grand room, and the girl blushed at the attention. "So I, er, heard that this is the place to be..." she started. Before anyone had the chance to reply, she continued, words rushing out like swells in a brook. "I'm Brightness Random, a lighteyes who's new to the 17th Shard, though not to the work of Mr. Sanderson," the girl explained quickly, "It sounds really nice here in Newcago, and although I don't have much to offer, I'd like to pledge myself to her majesty." 

Taking a deep breath, Brightness Random fell to one knee and looked up the Queen. "Y-Your Majesty, Elsa Steelheart, First of Thy Name, Titan of Ice, Snowwarden, and um... um..." her brows knit in concentration for a moment before her eyes lit up, "Frozenborn! Yes, Frozenborn, Queen of Newcago and all Lands of the Seventeenth, I Brightness Random, do swear my humble, undying fealty to thee. I shall forevermore thee with the utmost fervency, till last I draw breath."

With a sigh, she climbed to her feet, dusting the frost off her cloak. "I hate public speaking..." she murmured to herself. "So," she began, walking over to grab a mug of root beer from between Snoopy's hands, before sitting down atop one of the refreshment tables, "What's going on over here?"