The Newcago Court

Quiver

"Nothing could make you look bad, my Queen," Mail-mi said, taking another bow.

When he righted himself, the Kobold King himself was standing there. Mail-mi jumped slightly, and took a minute to calm his racing heart. "Kobold King," he said through clenched teeth.

The Queen smiled again. "Thank you." She turned to Kobold King. "Hello again. How are you finding the party?"

The Queen smiled again. "Thank you." She turned to Kobold King. "Hello again. How are you finding the party?"

"Frigid," the Kobold Capo replied with a grin. "In the strictly literal sense, of course." He puffed on his cigar a few more times, letting out dense rings of smoke that caused the nearby ice walls to condensate.

He turned to Mail-mi, who as a human being towered far above him. He still seemed suitably pale and perturbed about the tiny reptile's presence, however, so the Kobold blew a ring of smoke his way.

"G'day, Person-to-Avoid," he said cheerfully. His eyes carefully flickered over the bloodstains on his labcoat. "Science won over hygiene again, I take it?"

"Frigid," the Kobold Capo replied with a grin. "In the strictly literal sense, of course." He puffed on his cigar a few more times, letting out dense rings of smoke that caused the nearby ice walls to condensate.

Queen Elsa grinned back and laughed. "I am one who appreciates cold puns." She turned to the condensating wall  and raised her hand to place another layer of ice on them.

I regret... well, I regret a lot of things. But I only regret this a little bit.

Newcago was wonderific! The ice coating the city streets made skating down them even easier and funnerer than it would have been if they were just plain old dirt roads, and those lamps lining every street were just amazing. Back home, if anypony wanted light after park, they had to open the lamps, light the fire themselves, then sit around and make sure the fire didn't accidentally spread and burn an entire town down- but here, they were just like pop, and on they went. It was almost like a sort of magic.

And the ice coating everything made everything all sparkly! It was like the Crystal Empire all over again, except it was steel instead of crystal. Did that mean the ponies who lived here were Steel Ponies? Because the only thing more awesome than getting a new friend was getting a whole new species to be friends with!

Yep, they may have just been passing through, but the salesponies had already decided that this place was fantastamazing, even if the grey pony didn't say as much. Really, there was only one thing missing, but since that was something that was missing from almost everywhere (and everywhere else didn't have enough of it to begin with), that was completely understandable. 

The two approached the entrance to the court, and approached one of the guards.

"Hello," the first mare said. Grey coated with a purple mane, her voice was deadpan and even. "We're here to see Queen Elsa."

"We're very excited," the second added, her coat and voice as vibrant as the first one was flat. She bounced up and down, causing the small saddlebags tied to her to bounce up and down with her, accompanied by a strange rattling noise from inside them. "But I mean, I bet you could totally tell that already, because this place is soooooo exciting to begin with that we can hardly contain our excitement!"

"We'd like to talk to Elsa about rocks," the first pony added. She stared at the guard before slowly- glacially- blinking.

Salespony!Pinkie and Salespony!Maud. Because why not?

..I really need to get working on a Quiver Pony OC...

Edited by Quiver

I regret... well, I regret a lot of things. But I only regret this a little bit.

Newcago was wonderific! The ice coating the city streets made skating down them even easier and funnerer than it would have been if they were just plain old dirt roads, and those lamps lining every street were just amazing. Back home, if anypony wanted light after park, they had to open the lamps, light the fire themselves, then sit around and make sure the fire didn't accidentally spread and burn an entire town down- but here, they were just like pop, and on they went. It was almost like a sort of magic.

And the ice coating everything made everything all sparkly! It was like the Crystal Empire all over again, except it was steel instead of crystal. Did that mean the ponies who lived here were Steel Ponies? Because the only thing more awesome than getting a new friend was getting a whole new species to be friends with!

Yep, they may have just been passing through, but the salesponies had already decided that this place was fantastamazing, even if the grey pony didn't say as much. Really, there was only one thing missing, but since that was something that was missing from almost everywhere (and everywhere else didn't have enough of it to begin with), that was completely understandable.

The two approached the entrance to the court, and approached one of the guards.

"Hello," the first mare said. Grey coated with a purple mane, her voice was deadpan and even. "We're here to see Queen Elsa."

"We're very excited," the second added, her coat and voice as vibrant as the first one was flat. She bounced up and down, causing the small saddlebags tied to her to bounce up and down with her, accompanied by a strange rattling noise from inside them. "But I mean, I bet you could totally tell that already, because this place is soooooo exciting to begin with that we can hardly contain our excitement!"

"We'd like to talk to Elsa about rocks," the first pony added. She stared at the guard before slowly- glacially- blinking.

Salespony!Pinkie and Salespony!Maud. Because why not?

..I really need to get working on a Quiver Pony OC...

The guard blinked slightly for a few seconds back, slightly surprised by the ponies. "You may access entry to the Newcago Court and your meeting with Her Majesty, but first, state where you are from and what are the contents in that bag? You then will be allowed entry." The guard returned to a straight face and waited for their answer.

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

"We represent the largest rock farm in Equestria," the grey pony said. She reached behind, hitching the saddlebags, opening the flap and presenting it to the guard.

The bag was full of rocks. Big rocks, little rocks, and in a range of colours. The pink pony grinned, bouncing between the pair and pulling out a small stone, flecked in two shades of grey.

"Here ya go," she exclaimed, forcing it into the guards hand. "Help yourself to a free sample- I mean, might as well, right? It is free after all!"

"We noticed there was a distinct lack of rocks in the city," the first pony continued, as if her associate had never spoken. "We thought that Elsa might be interested in purchasing some."

"We offer the best price," Pinky added with a grin, "and we don't even charge for shipping!"

Edited by Quiver

"We represent the largest rock farm in Equestria," the grey pony said. She reached behind, hitching the saddlebags, opening the flap and presenting it to the guard.

The bag was full of rocks. Big rocks, little rocks, and in a range of colours. The pink pony grinned, bouncing between the pair and pulling out a small stone, flecked in two shades of grey.

"Here ya go," she exclaimed, forcing it into the guards hand. "Help yourself to a free sample- I mean, might as well, right? It is free after all!"

"We noticed there was a distinct lack of rocks in the city," the first pony continued, as if her associate had never spoken. "We thought that Elsa might be interested in purchasing some."

"We offer the best price," Pinky added with a grin, "and we don't even charge for shipping!"

The guard nodded and thanked the pony for the rock. "I approve. Enjoy the New Year Ball and your time here in Newcago Court." 

The guard and the other one opened the giant castle door of the castle and the familiar smell of chocolate wafted out of the castle to outside. The ponies began to walk in and the gigantic majestic double doors closed quietly behind them. It was time to have fun.

"Thank you," the grey pony- Maud- said, trotting through the doors and into the hall. Her associate, Pinkie, on the other hoof...

Her eyes nearly glazed over as her tongue lolled out of her mouth at the scent.

"Mmmhhhmmmm..." She managed to say, a dopey grin grin spread across her face as- seemingly led by her muzzle- she started to weave her way through the crowd towards the source of that delectable, melted goodness.

"Thank you," the grey pony- Maud- said, trotting through the doors and into the hall. Her associate, Pinkie, on the other hoof...

Her eyes nearly glazed over as her tongue lolled out of her mouth at the scent.

"Mmmhhhmmmm..." She managed to say, a dopey grin grin spread across her face as- seemingly led by her muzzle- she started to weave her way through the crowd towards the source of that delectable, melted goodness.

Queen Elsa turned from her conversation and saw the ponies walking towards the table that was piled up with her favourite chocolates. She smiled and turned to them. "Welcome to the ball. Glad you could make it."

The queen turned from her conversation and smiled at the guardian. "Great! We haven't had a new member in a while, so we are glad you are joining us." The Queen turned to the guard who handed her a ice shard blade with a gold handle and steel armour. Jack kneeled to receive the sword. "Rise Jack Steelheart, she said, tapping him on each shoulder with the sword then giving him the sword and armour. "I name you the High Prince of Newcago." A applause echoed around the room. "Welcome to Newcago Court."  

Your Majesty, Elsa Steelheart, First of Thy Name, Titan of Ice, Snowwarden, Frozenborn, Queen of Newcago and all Lands of the Seventeenth, I, _______, do swear my humble, undying fealty to thee. I shall forevermore serve thee and thee alone with the utmost fervency, till last I draw breath

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

Your Majesty, Elsa Steelheart, First of Thy Name, Titan of Ice, Snowwarden, Frozenborn, Queen of Newcago and all Lands of the Seventeenth, I, Jack, do swear my humble, undying fealty to thee. I shall forevermore serve thee and thee alone with the utmost fervency, till last I draw breath

So Elsa, using my godlike powers, I determined your sig had a coding error which caused everything after it to be bolded. I have fixed it ;)

Oh the problems with visual text editors. You really do see the errors with it when you see the code (which you can do by pressing the button on the upper left of the editor).

So Elsa, using my godlike powers, I determined your sig had a coding error which caused everything after it to be bolded. I have fixed it ;)

Oh the problems with visual text editors. You really do see the errors with it when you see the code (which you can do by pressing the button on the upper left of the editor).

Thank you so much :) I thought there was something weird going on with the text but couldn't quite work it out. Thanks again :)

Thank you so much :) I thought there was something weird going on with the text but couldn't quite work it out. Thanks again :)

Yeah I think you kept putting more tags in it and it just made it worse :) But yeah, happy to help!

The Panda replies:

"Greetings, Queen Elsa. I have heard of your majesty from many, but truly, their feeble words cannot describe the nobility and stateliness of this court. May I offer you a cookie made with my most fine bamboo flour as a peace offering?"

The Panda, kneeling, despite his rather large girth, holds out a cookie to the Queen.