The Newcago Court

Quiver

Queen Elsa Steelheart, Featherblades, ladies and gentlemen of the Newcago Court: I adress you all on the gravest of matters. War. The Knave dares to command even the neutral party of the Observer's Guild. He thought we were weak: he was wrong. Let it not be said that the Observers shirked their duty in battle. We stand 10,000 strong, legions of pandas armed to the teeth and hungry for fle- FRESH fruit. We would stand beside you, as you fight to free your lands. Will you stand beside us?

Queen Elsa Steelheart, Featherblades, ladies and gentlemen of the Newcago Court: I adress you all on the gravest of matters. War. The Knave dares to command even the neutral party of the Observer's Guild. He thought we were weak: he was wrong. Let it not be said that the Observers shirked their duty in battle. We stand 10,000 strong, legions of pandas armed to the teeth and hungry for fle- FRESH fruit. We would stand beside you, as you fight to free your lands. Will you stand beside us?

Newcago will stand beside you. We will fight for our freedom, for glory, for victory. The Knave will stand no chance. If there is anything you need during this time, just say and I will happily provide

" Elsa," BT whispered in her ear, " You would attack the man that set you up as queen?" He asked in a confused tone. BreathTaker wore a worried expression this day. " Queen Elsa, if you do this..." he took a deep breath, " if you do this, I cannot stand by you. I relinquish my blade and title. It is time for me to retire my title and move on but I wish no hard feeling upon ye." at that BT summoned Frostbite and slammed it into the frozen ground. BreathTaker removed his Ice Medallion and hung it on the hilt of his blade, his blue aura dissipating immediately. He turned and walked out the frozen halls of Newcago to return to his home land.

Edited by BreathTaker

The Mistress of the Waffesworn sat on one corner of the ice palace, in her customary white, watching the proceedings in Newcago. Her lips lifted in a small smile.

Truth will out, she thought, as she swallowed a small bite of crispy Korean BBQ chicken, and licked the sweet & spicy sauce from her fingertips. 

She has taken to watching things in NC when it gets interesting. Like the Knave's betrayal, which was to be expected. The Knave was definitely welcome in her kitchen now, so long as he doesn't bring the Dalek Ponies with him. She liked how chaotic things have been getting.

She laughed huskily at the Lord of Lager's pronouncement. A vote of no confidence?, she smiled in glee, and looked around, looking for any Wafflesworn or Chaos forces who'd like to share the delicious chicken with her. 

It's so nice to watch things unfold.

TwiLyght nearly choked on her yak meat as she watched the events unfold. 

"My, my," she said, though without a trace of her usual sarcasm. It was an expression of utter shock, murmured breathlessly. The Alemaster, leaving peaceful and snowy Newcago for the hellish wasteland of an American desert? Unthinkable. 

She sat in silence. Nothing was the same. Not even her knitting needles beckoned to her. She set her yak meat aside, unable to stomach another bite. 

"Would you like some chicken, Twylight? Yak meat is great, but you really should have a little more chaos variety in your diet.", the Mistress offered.

She appraised Twylight with a practiced eye, weighing her and the possibility of adding her to the collection in the Wafflesworn kitchens. The woman was by no means a waffler, but that can be learned. A recipe with waffles and a siding of yak stew was slowly forming in her head.

She observed the colors of the knitting project the woman was working on, pastel colors reflective of...the Herd?

She took another bite of the spicy chicken, contemplating a Bulgogi dish made of the yak meat Twylight was famous for.

"What has made you stay in Newcago, Twylight?", the Mistress quietly asked. It was time to make friends.

TwiLyght accepted the spicy chicken with a small word of thanks. Yak meat was her favorite—indeed, it was the superior meat, and she would not rest until the world was fully aware of its joys—but it was nice to change things up now and then. "I…it snows here," she said, still somewhat distracted. "It never snows in Arizona. Well, it did two years ago, but never since." She sighed. "There is no green there. It's grey, all grey. How can BT want to return to that?" 

Kobold King discreetly entered the Court, glancing around for friends--or allies, rather, for any of the Wafflesworn would turn on him the second the drive for chaos demanded it.

He happened to spot Quitecontrary at the other end of the hall, eating BBQ Korean chicken with a woman he recognized as TwiLyght SansSparkles and a man named BreathTaker.. His stomach growling, he made his way to their table with a slight sneer. (A sneer of hunger--a curious expression he had spent a lot of time on.)

"Chaos," BreathTaker was saying. Kobold King sat close next to him, putting an arm behind him to snatch a piece of chicken.

"Exactly," the self-proclaimed monarch of underground fairies said. "Arizona is chaos. I've heard you can drop a waffle on the sand, and it will toast itself. Only pure, unadulterated chaos can do that to a waffle."

The Feathersworn stand by you in this conflict. The Feathersworn, Newcagoans, and Observers will destroy this menace to society. The fight begins now.