The Newcago Court

Quiver

Yep! It's a reference to Doctor Who, a British television show about an alien time traveler who roams the universe in an old police box.

Here's the relevant video (because I have no idea how to post YouTube videos on forum posts):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw

It just happens to be my favorite science fiction program. :)

I used to watch Dr Who ages ago. (Only like two episodes) Is it still running? I may be wrong, but is one of his vehicles called the tardis?

I used to watch Dr Who ages ago. (Only like two episodes) Is it still running? I may be wrong, but is one of his vehicles called the tardis?

Yep, it's still running! Season 8 airs this August. Starring Peter Capaldi as the Doctor!

The Doctor's method of traveling is the TARDIS, which stands for Time and Relative Dimensions in Space. It is the single most awesome vehicle ever devised in the world of fiction. :)

EDIT: By the way, do you remember anything about the episodes you watched? When was it?

Edited by Kobold King

Yep, it's still running! Season 8 airs this August. Starring Peter Capaldi as the Doctor!

The Doctor's method of traveling is the TARDIS, which stands for Time and Relative Dimensions in Space. It is the single most awesome vehicle ever devised in the world of fiction. :)

EDIT: By the way, do you remember anything about the episodes you watched? When was it?

Does the guy who plays the Doctor change? And if it has, how many guys have played him?

I think I watched that episode around 2007 or 2008 or something. Maybe even before that.

What I sort of remember was some guy yelling to a woman (?) I think... He yelled "Doctor who is still alive!" Or something like that. Barely remember. Might start watching again. Is it a good show?

Does the guy who plays the Doctor change? And if it has, how many guys have played him?

I think I watched that episode around 2007 or 2008 or something. Maybe even before that.

What I sort of remember was some guy yelling to a woman (?) I think... He yelled "Doctor who is still alive!" Or something like that. Barely remember. Might start watching again. Is it a good show?

It is a fantastic show! Many actors have played the Doctor since the show began in 1963. There have been eleven primary actors to play the Doctor, with Peter Capaldi set to play the Twelfth Doctor in August. (The number I gave isn't precisely accurate, but last year things got a little... wibbly-wobbly with the official count. :P)

The show is bizarre and complicated and exciting and dramatic, and moreover it is wonderful. I would definitely recommend watching it. Start with the first episode of the revived series, "Rose". It gives a fantastic opening to the concept and the characters, and is available on Netflix and Amazon. Definitely give it a try if you can!

I thought Newcago was allied with the feathers. Are we allied with the Lords of Chaos too?

It's... wibbly-wobbly, factiony-wactiony.

The Feathersworn are a sub-faction of the Lords of Chaos due to FeatherWriter being an Admin. Since Maw allied us with you, you're also allied with the Lords of Chaos.

The Feathersworn are a sub-faction of the Lords of Chaos due to FeatherWriter being an Admin. Since Maw allied us with you, you're also allied with the Lords of Chaos.

Of course ignoring the fact that Chaos doesn't like Newcago... :rolleyes:

Excuse the ignorance, but to me the TARDIS just looks like a blue phone box. What makes it so cool?

The Doctor is awesome, for reasons which I can't go into here. The episodes can be... spotty in terms of quality, but the great ones are great, and the format of the show is such that if you don't like the current status quo, you just have to wait a few years for the next. Eccelstone was a fantastic Doctor though.

doctor_whooves_by_xain_russell-d4po1xa.p

THE DOCTOR HAS BEEN ASSIMILATED. ASSIMILATE! ASSIMILATE!

Edited by Quiver

Excuse the ignorance, but to me the TARDIS just looks like a blue phone box. What makes it so cool?

The TARDIS is an extremely advanced time machine. While it looks like a blue phone box on the outside, it is bigger on the inside--a huge and majestic starship. Although the Doctor isn't very good at flying it, it can travel anywhere in time and space. Anywhere in history, or any planet in the universe. Best of all, it's not just a machine--it's a living thing which can make its own decisions on where it will take the Doctor and his companions.

Storms I love this show.  :wub:

Knave Quiver said it....

throne_of_ice_by_missmikopete-d6jqoww.jp

Hi Elsa, now that you know how to post an image, please be mindful about the forum rules that specify the size of the image that needs to be posted. Too large an image can stretch the screen unnecessarily. You can also do what Quiv does of putting spoiler tags to hide the image for easy scrolling.

Read Forum Rules Here.

Wouldn't that be NC and the LoC?

The Feathersworn are not a sub-faction of anyone. We are allies with the Lords of a Chaos, yes. And many of our members are also in that group as well. But I am only the captain of the Feathersworn and have no position among the Chaos Lords so cannot proclaim alliances on their part.   

I'd hope that helping establish the Court would be proof of the sincerity of my position. That being said...M'Lady Elsa Steelheart, First of Thy Name, Titan of Ice, Snowwarden, Frozenborn, Queen of Newcago and all Lands of the Seventeenth, I, Quiver, do swear my humble, undying fealty to thee. I shall forevermore serve thee and thee alone with the utmost fervency, till last I draw breath.

See FeatherDusters? If I had had to swear an oath of loyalty to you this might not have happened ; )

Proof that Quiver is a big fat liar. :P