The Newcago Court

Quiver

Shadows deepen in the Great Hall. The Court's pleasantly cool temperature drops. Colors and sounds seem muffled. Darkness seeps slowly from the edges of sight and swirls together in the center of the magnificent room. The flickering non-lights coalesce into a humanoid figure, hooded and cloaked. Dark glittering eyes gaze unblinkingly from within the deep cowl. A deep, ancient, echoey voice reverberates throughout the room, those present feeling it more than hearing. 

"This is the court of the one named Elsa Steelheart, no?" 

Edited by Death

Shadows deepen in the Great Hall. The Court's pleasantly cool temperature drops. Colors and sounds seem muffled. Darkness seeps slowly from the edges of sight and swirls together in the center of the magnificent room. The flickering non-lights coalesce into a humanoid figure, hooded and cloaked. Dark glittering eyes gaze unblinkingly from within the deep cowl. A deep, ancient, echoey voice reverberates throughout the room, those present feeling it more than hearing.

"This is the court of the one named Elsa Steelheart, no?"

Yes. This is the court of the twin thrones, Queen Elsa Steelheart and Princess Delighful. The Newcago Court.

Who are you?

A coarse rattling chuckle snakes its way out from under the thick folds of the visitor's robe and across the icy steel floor. 

"My my you certainly are​ young and innocent aren't you?" 

The stranger steps forward, seeming almost to glide. A pale, bone-white hand reveals itself and extends towards the young Queen, an offering.  

"My dear, I am the cold east wind. I am the threshold all must pass before their final rest. I am Death."

Edited by Death

A coarse rattling chuckle snakes its way out from under the thick folds of the visitor's robe and across the icy steel floor.

"My my you certainly are​ young and innocent aren't you?"

The stranger steps forward, seeming almost to glide. A pale, bone-white hand reveals itself and extends towards the young Queen, an offering.

"My dear, I am the cold east wind. I am the threshold all must pass before their final rest. I am Death."

Leans forward and shakes Death's hand.

Welcome to the Newcago Court

Which land do you come from, Death?

Or is it the underworld?

Edited by Elsa Steelheart

Do you enjoy your job of that?

Death tilts it head. Amused.

"Enjoy? I do not understand."

And would you care for a new knitted cloak, darling? I imagine the afterlife is rather cold.

It glances at the newcomer. 

"The cold does not bother me."

Edited by Death

Death tilts it head. Amused.

"Enjoy? I do not understand."

It glances at the newcomer.

"The cold does not bother me."

What I meant was do you like what you do, Death

What a coincidence, because the cold never bothered me anyway either :)

Do you like the cold in Newcago?

Edited by Elsa Steelheart

Death disappears before re-materializing across the room. 

"I reap souls. Does that sound fun to you? I'm looking to recruit."  

TwiLyghtSansSparkles, on 17 Jun 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

Has the cold ever bothered you?

"No."

Edited by Death

Wait Elsa, stand back. This one could be dangerous, unlike that deranged donkey over there. With the mercenaries around we must be more careful who we welcome and who we turn away.

Death smiles. 

"Oh I like this one. Much more cautious. Wise of you dear."

Death cackles at the young mortals. 

"I do not wish to serve the court. I serve no man, or woman. I merely wished to meet these fine ladies, properly introduce myself. I shall do so with every faction, before I start recruiting new reapers." 

Umm, Death, if you keep going like this, an admin will be up your nose quite quickly. Please refine it a bit, please? 

Shadows seeps across the room from all corners and wrap themsleves around Death. 

"I evidently must depart. Goodbye Court of Newcago." 

The room returns to normal as the dark figure vanishes. 

Edited by Death