The Newcago Court

Quiver

Voidus strode into the hall, a little haggard looking but nonetheless smiling.

"Glad to see you back, your Majesty." He said, sweeping a practiced, shallow bow towards her. "We weren't sure when to arrive so some of the set up may be delayed but our catering and party divisions should be here in force shortly."

He snagged a double chocolate-chip cookie from a nearby platter, eyes crinkling in enjoyment as he bit into it.

A small rent in space appeared a short distance away, and leaping out of it were dozens of colorfully-clad entertainers, jugglers, bards, fire-spitters and tumblers. Following after them, still more DA Acolytes began carrying tables into the room, laden with mysterious boxes, each of which had a tag reading 'Please open me, one per guest please.'

2 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Voidus strode into the hall, a little haggard looking but nonetheless smiling.

"Glad to see you back, your Majesty." He said, sweeping a practiced, shallow bow towards her. "We weren't sure when to arrive so some of the set up may be delayed but our catering and party divisions should be here in force shortly."

He snagged a double chocolate-chip cookie from a nearby platter, eyes crinkling in enjoyment as he bit into it.

A small rent in space appeared a short distance away, and leaping out of it were dozens of colorfully-clad entertainers, jugglers, bards, fire-spitters and tumblers. Following after them, still more DA Acolytes began carrying tables into the room, laden with mysterious boxes, each of which had a tag reading 'Please open me, one per guest please.'

"Not a problem at all, Voidus. I'm just amazed at all the effort. Thank you!" 

Mack walked in, robes trailing behind him.

"I just heard about your return, I am so happy that you are back, truly." He gave a slight bow, then hurried over to the acolytes setting up the chocolate and peanut butter cookies, "May I?" He asked as he grabbed one. The acolyte nodded and Mack took a bite. His eyes closing in ecstasy. He grabbed a napkin and started filling it with cookies while the acolyte waited patiently.

It was a normal reaction to someone eating one of the cookies.

52 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Mack walked in, robes trailing behind him.

"I just heard about your return, I am so happy that you are back, truly." He gave a slight bow, then hurried over to the acolytes setting up the chocolate and peanut butter cookies, "May I?" He asked as he grabbed one. The acolyte nodded and Mack took a bite. His eyes closing in ecstasy. He grabbed a napkin and started filling it with cookies while the acolyte waited patiently.

It was a normal reaction to someone eating one of the cookies.

"Thank you. A first time for the cookie?"

Mack looked up, from his small feast.

"Mmph-mmph," He paused a moment to swallow. "No, its not my first time, but they always bring the best cookies to the parties, so I make sure to eat a lot of them." He quickly shoved another cookie into his mouth as if he was afraid they would disappear.

3 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Mack looked up, from his small feast.

"Mmph-mmph," He paused a moment to swallow. "No, its not my first time, but they always bring the best cookies to the parties, so I make sure to eat a lot of them." He quickly shoved another cookie into his mouth as if he was afraid they would disappear.

"Take your time. I started endorsing the DA long ago, so we have plenty."

The Stranger popped into existence with a cough and the smell of mint. He was holding a tray that seemed to rotate a few inches above his hand, and it was filled with cookies. His normal grey lab coat had been replaced by a black one with golden lining and his top hat had a feather in the band tha practically screamed “FESTIVITY!” However, it was a well behaved feather, so it only whispered it. He smile as he turned toward Elsa, waving away some of the smoke that cling to him.

“Good evening, cough cough, your Majesty. I was finishing my mint fudge delights recipe when I was set back by a small thermonuclear detonation. I got it sorted, but then a earthquake messed with the calibration of my oven, and a few pesky fires made cooling them problematic. All in all, it delayed my arrival somewhat. I hope that these are still to your liking.”

He pulled a second tray from his coat, this one covered in small sandwiches. “And of course I’ve got a back up selection as well. I recommend the roast beast on sourdough, my personal favorite.”

46 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

The Stranger popped into existence with a cough and the smell of mint. He was holding a tray that seemed to rotate a few inches above his hand, and it was filled with cookies. His normal grey lab coat had been replaced by a black one with golden lining and his top hat had a feather in the band tha practically screamed “FESTIVITY!” However, it was a well behaved feather, so it only whispered it. He smile as he turned toward Elsa, waving away some of the smoke that cling to him.

“Good evening, cough cough, your Majesty. I was finishing my mint fudge delights recipe when I was set back by a small thermonuclear detonation. I got it sorted, but then a earthquake messed with the calibration of my oven, and a few pesky fires made cooling them problematic. All in all, it delayed my arrival somewhat. I hope that these are still to your liking.”

He pulled a second tray from his coat, this one covered in small sandwiches. “And of course I’ve got a back up selection as well. I recommend the roast beast on sourdough, my personal favorite.”

Elsa turned. "Fatebreaker, old friend! Wonderful to see you again! Thank you very much for your controbution to the party!"

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...