The Newcago Court

Quiver

"I did not say no assistance, I said, minimal assistance. We give them some resources, they do everything else. If there still is radiation, we can clear that to. If they don't build it up themselves, when this inevitably happens again, they will just come to us again," Dusk said, then stood up, "When you have more than vague plans, call me back,"

Dusk left, leaving a super lifeless to record and report.

"You have my support. Though it's not as simple as that.... My employees are artists working under me. I provide for their needs and they give me a percentage of their earnings. A good deal for both. I get their work and they get my name. I will convince them to work on this project but they will want some form of recognition for their efforts. Being an artist, especially in this city, requires name recognition." Valath eyed Mack. "But that's an easy problem to solve."   

Mack Beamed, Did someone actually want his excess theatrics? 

"They will get recognition. What exactly did you have in mind? I have the ability to use orbital bombardment to write their names on the surfaces of planets if you want, or you could have them sign their work.  Or something in between. Whatever you want."

Valath blinked. "I think signs with their names in prominent locations would please them, and of course they would sign their names on their works, a memorial with all those who helped would be good to set up in the center square." Valath stretched slightly. "If the meetings about to start in earnest, perhaps some tea is in order." 

"Hello, Mrs [INSERT HER LAST NAME HERE. I FORGOt tO ASK YOU ARK]. I must say, you are an incredible improvement upon your father. I believe his first words to me were to the affect of, 'screw off.' I am of the understanding that this is the traders union?" The Jackal said, having Wraith steel the lifeless.

Edited by Darth Woodrack

"Yes," The Jackal said, standing to the side, "I do agree. The city needs to be fixed. I bring with me man power, and security. If the city guilds try to stop it, I can stop them. Haven't seen you since the battle of the den Dwig. How have you been?"

Edited by Darth Woodrack

Sorry I haven't made a response in a bit, things just started happening very quickly, and it was hard to keep track of everything happening.

Laonin listened to the 'discussion' going on. It was more of an argument than anything. As he listened, a frown grew over his face, starting with creases on his forehead, and extending to the rest of his face progressively. Was this coalition going to end before it had even begun. When things finally calmed down for a moment, and he was able to speak, he stood. "Well, I think it's clear there is some disagreement amongst us, but hopefully we can work through it. To answer your question Mack, yes there are some areas that I can recommend. There are obviously some places within the city that have been rebuilt, or were not affected as heavily by the atrocities enacted upon the city. But a large portion of the city is still homeless, or living in poverty amongst the rubble and ruins of what was here before. I feel like the most impact thing we could begin with would be to start building and replacing homes for the people. Of course in order to do that we would need to remove a lot of the people from the places that need the most work. Perhaps we could set up some temporary camps outside of the city, or establish some large shelters in key places for people to stay for now. That would give us the space, and the time to begin to construct entirely new districts within the city. All with access to amenities, and necessities."

"As was already established, Triton Manufacturing can mass produce large quantities of things. They could perhaps begin work on shelters that could be moved to outside of the city, and used for now. While that is going on, we would need to demolish and clear out the remains of the destroyed sections of the city, a job that could be easily handled by some Invested individuals, perhaps people with access to Division, or any number of other things. Smedry's with the Dark Talent even, or just construction crews that could be hired to do the job. Once that is accomplished, we could use several different routes to build the actual buildings. It could be anything from mass fabricated homes, to individually constructed structures. There are any number of possibilities for that, all depending on how mundane we are okay with them being."

3 hours ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

"I doubt you've made a good first impression on the owner." Valath said under her breath.

Ambrosia had very keen hearing, and heard it. "I state my opinion, and it's not gonna change. But may I join?" She smiled at the jackal. "Maybe Walker was wrong about you. You seem a lot nicer than his descriptions." A wide grin split her face. "I have something I want you all to have. I got three sets while working as a doctor in the Goldhaven Mountains. Each, when shaken really hard, will make the others all glow blindingly bright." She pulled the vials off her belt. "We can use them to indicate we need a meeting. Maybe one we can keep it secret from the guilds this way." She handed them out, smiling at each in turn as she handed each a green vial. She didn't notice as she handed the vial to the Jackal that it was a different color. Not forest green, it was slightly darker and had brighter green specks. "I want to start with the area around Hellbent Park. Not for him. For a poor girl I met, Georgia Antella. She loved the area, and that was the only good there."

Ambrosia looked at it, and rolled her eyes. She would try to forgive the man, but that wasn't enough. She set it on the floor, then tapped a button, overriding the command on it. It went off to grab her the official Alleyzon Throne.

Edited by Ark1002

A lifeless flying cremling came and dropped of a blood sealed sewing needle that was linked to her because Dusk had a sample of her blood for... reasons. It would moved with perfect precision, and allow her to make stitches with expert precision, and without touching them. It looked at the Jackal, and tried to fly away after delivering her it's gift, but Wraith destroyed it from a shadow under it's wing.

Darkness butted in.  "Ahem.  I'm a kinetic epic, minor.  I can help you build stuff, If I save enough energy I can lift extremely heavy loads.  Depends on how much money you're willing to pay."  He smiled and rubbed his pointer and thumb fingers together in the universal gesture of greed.  

@Karnatheon

31 minutes ago, King Taravangian said:

Darkness butted in.  "Ahem.  I'm a kinetic epic, minor.  I can help you build stuff, If I save enough energy I can lift extremely heavy loads.  Depends on how much money you're willing to pay."  He smiled and rubbed his pointer and thumb fingers together in the universal gesture of greed.  

@Karnatheon

"I'm sorry, but unless I was misinformed by Mack, I don't believe you were invited to this meeting. I'm sure if we need to find someone to do what you described however, we'll find you." Laonin said, looking the epic over.

Mack looked at the jackal. 

“Are you serious buddy? You are a wanted criminal who is currently being hunted by the precursors. How exactly is this going to help the people of the alleycity? In addition, involving a criminal who’s motivations you don’t know can be problematic  for us because we have to spend the entire time working on double checking everything you do. Please give me a good reason why I should work with you?

Turning to Darkness, Mack looked at him condescendingly. “Did you legit not hear our entire argument about people who were doing this for money? Besides that, I agree with Laonin.

As to where we should start, I would say that we need to have one team cleaning land, and the other team building. We should work from the outside in, so we have less difficulty bringing in heavy machinery. 

Another option is to work on building a road system first, to clear out land, then getting started on the new buildings. 

If we go with the second option we can also clear out parks and stuff that we can set up temporary shelters in. What are your guys' thoughts?”

Edited by MacThorstenson