The Newcago Court

Quiver

14 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Elsa tapped him on the shoulders and head gently with the ice shardblade.

”Then rise, Patrick Miller, Baron of The Newcago Court, and all it’s glory!” She handed him his new weapons, the shardblade and shardplate.

Patrick nodded quickly, rising. His natural skin tone could finally be seen now that he wasn’t completely pale, and he accepted the blade answer plate reverently. “...Thank you,” he said to the Queen. He bowed again. She had shown him kindness, helped him. “You truly are best suited to rule Newcago.”

Just now, I think I am here. said:

Patrick nodded quickly, rising. His natural skin tone could finally be seen now that he wasn’t completely pale, and he accepted the blade answer plate reverently. “...Thank you,” he said to the Queen. He bowed again. She had shown him kindness, helped him. “You truly are best suited to rule Newcago.”

Elsa smiled. She had proven fit to be ruler. “You are very welcome. How do you feel now?”

Just now, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Elsa smiled. She had proven fit to be ruler. “You are very welcome. How do you feel now?”

Patrick looked at himself, with the plate and blade, the crest he displayed proudly. “Braver than I’ve ever been,” he said honestly. He didn’t feel like he was useless, like he was trash, a loser. He felt like he belonged. He saluted, though he wasn’t sure if he did it right.

9 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Mack walked over to Patrick and shook his hand. 

“Welcome to the court!” Turning to the queen, he asked, “your majesty, this reminds me of a question I had earlier. Are there different ranks in the court? Different roles for the nobles? And do we each own a section of land?”

“Yes, there are indeed. Not too long ago, I still remembered to give ranks, positions, roles and land but I temporarily forgot. I am very happy to give out the positions again.”

Seassa smiled roguishly. "I would be more than happy to obtain one, along with my oath." Slowly, she kneeled. "Your Majesty, Elsa Steelheart, First of Thy Name, Titan of Ice, Snowwarden, Frozenborn, Queen of Newcago and all Lands of the Seventeenth, I, Seassa, do swear my humble, undying fealty to thee. I shall forevermore serve thee and thee alone with the utmost fervency, till last I draw breath." The cold steel pressed to her face, but inside, her heart was beating fast and she felt she might explode. She had sworn fealty to someone. She had never done that. But... Queen Elsa was worthy of much respect. She had shown that. And she was ready. She would serve as a loyal subject.

Darkness strolled in, munching on an apple.  Each bite echoed off of the walls, and increased the awkwardness of the situation.  He finally looked up, and noticed a girl kneeling on the ground.  He didn't even have the decency to look embarrassed as he strolled over to take his position.  With out waiting for her majesty to answer the girl kneeling on the floor, he asked, "Do you know how we stand in relation to the Alleycity government?  Just wondering."  He sat down.

@Queen Elsa Steelheart

8 hours ago, #Voidapple said:

Seassa smiled roguishly. "I would be more than happy to obtain one, along with my oath." Slowly, she kneeled. "Your Majesty, Elsa Steelheart, First of Thy Name, Titan of Ice, Snowwarden, Frozenborn, Queen of Newcago and all Lands of the Seventeenth, I, Seassa, do swear my humble, undying fealty to thee. I shall forevermore serve thee and thee alone with the utmost fervency, till last I draw breath." The cold steel pressed to her face, but inside, her heart was beating fast and she felt she might explode. She had sworn fealty to someone. She had never done that. But... Queen Elsa was worthy of much respect. She had shown that. And she was ready. She would serve as a loyal subject.

Elsa smiled. She tapped the young woman gently on the shoulders and head with her sword. 

"Will you, accept the role of the Duchess of the Newcago Court and use this shardblade and shardblade till your heart ceases to beat, and your body comes to a standstill? Will you accept the duties and the loyalty to my court and myself only?" 

6 hours ago, King Taravangian said:

Darkness strolled in, munching on an apple.  Each bite echoed off of the walls, and increased the awkwardness of the situation.  He finally looked up, and noticed a girl kneeling on the ground.  He didn't even have the decency to look embarrassed as he strolled over to take his position.  With out waiting for her majesty to answer the girl kneeling on the floor, he asked, "Do you know how we stand in relation to the Alleycity government?  Just wondering."  He sat down.

@Queen Elsa Steelheart

Elsa awaited an answer from the girl. She briefly looked up at the man. "Tell me more about them." She said, before turning back to the young woman. 

Someone turned off 'Ahead by a Century' which had been playing on loop for the last 10 minutes.

"If you want government people, perhaps you should look at the Senate house." a feminine voice said. A sphere of white light formed out of nothingness and revealed none other than Ciera Jigdens "Never been here before." she noted, walking out into the light "Anyway, we're waiting for the rest of the representatives to show up, so I came here."

14 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Elsa smiled. She tapped the young woman gently on the shoulders and head with her sword. 

"Will you, accept the role of the Duchess of the Newcago Court and use this shardblade and shardblade till your heart ceases to beat, and your body comes to a standstill? Will you accept the duties and the loyalty to my court and myself only?" 

"I will." She kept her face to the metal floor. She would be loyal.

8 hours ago, King Taravangian said:

Darkness looked over to Mack.  "Thanks.  So no government people here?"  He then sat down in an easy chair that no one was exactly sure where it came from, then kicked back.

"Just a monarchy." Elsa replied. 

9 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Mack stood up. “My queen, these were the people I was talking to you about earlier. Where you decided that it would be better to retain our soviergnity instead of joining them.”

"I understand. Thank you." 

28 minutes ago, #Voidapple said:

"I will." She kept her face to the metal floor. She would be loyal.

”Rise, Seassa, Duchess of The Newcago Court, and defend it for all it’s glory!” She handed her the new weapons, the shardblade and shardplate." 

Mack returned to the court with Laonin in tow. 

"Your majesty, I was wondering if we would be allowed to have a meeting for a traders union in the alleycity here? Would that be alright with you?" With that said he waited for everyone to show up.

@Ark1002 @Steel Inquisitive @Darth Woodrack @Karnatheon @Dr. Dapper

Laonin walked through the front doors, marveling at the construction of the room. It was masterfully made, with elegant designs, and sturdy fortifications. And someone had decided to build the entire thing out of ice, of all things. Which normally wouldn't work, but it seemed unusually cold here, which explained that. He was in awe of the sheer magnitude of it, when Mac spoke up. Realizing he was in the presence of royalty, something he had not been expecting, Laonin bowed to the Queen, but stayed quiet. Knowing it was best to remain silent until spoken to.

Laonin observed the goings on, and waited alongside Mac. It was definitely chilly here, especially when compared to the heat of a forge he was normally inclined to.

3 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

"Your majesty, I was wondering if we would be allowed to have a meeting for a traders union in the alleycity here? Would that be alright with you?" With that said he waited for everyone to show up.

“An excellent idea. Please, proceed.” Elsa replied.

4 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Valath stood behind Mack watching the court with interest. She had slipped up to the group while others were focused on the more flashy arrivals.  

21 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

“An excellent idea. Please, proceed.” Elsa replied.

"Thank you, your majesty." Turning to dusk, Mack made a cut it out hand signal, "You can ignore Dusk if you want. We can go into a side room to discuss this." He grabbed dusks projector and moved it into a conference room with seats. Mack took one and motion for the others to do the same.

Anyway down to business. We can wait for @Dr. Dapper to show up. 

This is the first meeting, and as such I would like to outline our goals and the next steps needed to achieve them.

The fledgling government doesn't appear to be doing much, but as a Trade Union we should have enough power to negotiate with them if they attempt to be unreasonable. They aren't the main concern right now. The first concern I have is for the people of the Alleycity. There are large portions of the city that need repairing, and have needed it for the last 18 years. 

First I would like to ask Laonin to say what he and his team have been doing to improve the city, then I would like to ask what the rest of us think the new city should look like. The damage is so severe in some places that we will be building new foundations and making new roads, squares, and parks. What do we wan't included in that? In addition what things do we need to have added for the Denizens of the alleyverse." With that said, Mack took a seat and motioned to Laonin.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, Karnatheon said:

Laonin walked through the front doors, marveling at the construction of the room. It was masterfully made, with elegant designs, and sturdy fortifications. And someone had decided to build the entire thing out of ice, of all things. Which normally wouldn't work, but it seemed unusually cold here, which explained that. He was in awe of the sheer magnitude of it, when Mac spoke up. Realizing he was in the presence of royalty, something he had not been expecting, Laonin bowed to the Queen, but stayed quiet. Knowing it was best to remain silent until spoken to.

Laonin observed the goings on, and waited alongside Mac. It was definitely chilly here, especially when compared to the heat of a forge he was normally inclined to.

Also, Karnatheon, please note that this character is Mack, not Mac.

I wouldn't normally point it out, but all of my characters names are some variation of the name Mac, so spelling can be very important.