The Newcago Court

Quiver

2 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Elsa rose from the throne, hands on her hips, her face creasing into a disapproving frown. She drew her shardblade and held it at her side protectively. 

"And what makes you think you are worthy of my hard-earned throne. young man? And by the way, It's 'Your Majesty', not just Queen."  She announced in a commanding and intimidating voice, her voice echoing off the icy walls of the court. 

The Queen rose and summoned a Shardplate and the 16 year-old literally trembled in front of everyone, still paling.

“I’m sorry, Queen— Your Majesty aah! I mean, sorry. And...” he held the piece of paper in front of him. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. He couldn’t lose this dare. He’d already been ridiculed at shoot, and everyone thought he would back out of his dare. But he was considering it now.

“Que— Your Majesty,” he said, still slowly reading off the note. So cold! “I believe I should get the throne because,” he almost fainted at what he had to say. Why in the Cosmere would he agree to this?!

“Because I am objectively better than you?” His voice was a squeak. He was going to faint. He knew it. Drop unconcious. Then be teased at school. He was still trembling, he couldn’t even hide it.

4 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

The Queen rose and summoned a Shardplate and the 16 year-old literally trembled in front of everyone, still paling.

“I’m sorry, Queen— Your Majesty aah! I mean, sorry. And...” he held the piece of paper in front of him. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. He couldn’t lose this dare. He’d already been ridiculed at shoot, and everyone thought he would back out of his dare. But he was considering it now.

“Que— Your Majesty,” he said, still slowly reading off the note. So cold! “I believe I should get the throne because,” he almost fainted at what he had to say. Why in the Cosmere would he agree to this?!

“Because I am objectively better than you?” His voice was a squeak. He was going to faint. He knew it. Drop unconcious. Then be teased at school. He was still trembling, he couldn’t even hide it.

"Objectively better than me?!" Elsa asked, raising an eyebrow. "Please, do go on. I am rather amused at what you have to say."

1 hour ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

"Objectively better than me?!" Elsa asked, raising an eyebrow. "Please, do go on. I am rather amused at what you have to say."

The 16 year old was freaking out inside. He was freaking out outside. His Physical, Cognitive and Spiritual selves were all storms-scared. He began to hiccup. Uncontrollablly. No, no no!

“I, Your Maj— HIC —” off to a great start. His hiccups echoed around the court. “Have found I am — HIC — more capable at — HIC — the throne than you because,”

He looked to the note and bit his tongue. He turned around. He had to leave. He had to run. But... he couldn’t. He had a lot riding on this dare. He turned back to the Queen. “Because I am smarter, and — HIC — stronger, and, uh, more — HIC — powerfuler than you?” he spoke with the confidence of a dead rat with the confidence spiked out by the dark alley.

8 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

The 16 year old was freaking out inside. He was freaking out outside. His Physical, Cognitive and Spiritual selves were all storms-scared. He began to hiccup. Uncontrollablly. No, no no!

“I, Your Maj— HIC —” off to a great start. His hiccups echoed around the court. “Have found I am — HIC — more capable at — HIC — the throne than you because,”

He looked to the note and bit his tongue. He turned around. He had to leave. He had to run. But... he couldn’t. He had a lot riding on this dare. He turned back to the Queen. “Because I am smarter, and — HIC — stronger, and, uh, more — HIC — powerfuler than you?” he spoke with the confidence of a dead rat with the confidence spiked out by the dark alley.

Elsa stepped down the icy throne stairs, making her way towards the young boy, ice sparkling around her other hand, snow flurries floating around her head. 

"If you think this is funny, I suggest you go back home and finish whatever homework you have, because messing with royals, especially magical royals, son, is a very very bad idea." 

11 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Elsa stepped down the icy throne stairs, making her way towards the young boy, ice sparkling around her other hand, snow flurries floating around her head. 

"If you think this is funny, I suggest you go back home and finish whatever homework you have, because messing with royals, especially magical royals, son, is a very very bad idea." 

The kid gulped, and everything went black for a second before he picked himself up and forced himself to remain conscious. This was it. It was either death or being publicly humiliated the rest of his life. Not great options, but he knew what he’d pick. Slowly, he lifted the piece of paper and showed to her. On it was written the details of the dare. To go to the Newcago Court and say he was better off for the throne, otherwise his life would be ruined by the others at school.

He was about to faint, he was barely holding onto any semblance of consciousness. “S-sorry.”

5 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

The kid gulped, and everything went black for a second before he picked himself up and forced himself to remain conscious. This was it. It was either death or being publicly humiliated the rest of his life. Not great options, but he knew what he’d pick. Slowly, he lifted the piece of paper and showed to her. On it was written the details of the dare. To go to the Newcago Court and say he was better off for the throne, otherwise his life would be ruined by the others at school.

He was about to faint, he was barely holding onto any semblance of consciousness. “S-sorry.”

"What is this?!" She plucked it straight out of his hand and held it up so she could read it. "And what imbecile would tell you to even attempt such a thing, young man?!"

11 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

"What is this?!" She plucked it straight out of his hand and held it up so she could read it. "And what imbecile would tell you to even attempt such a thing, young man?!"

“Uh, uh, my friend,” he choked out. He was going to be bullied anyway, no point stopping now. “Not really my friend though. He just pretends, but he teases, and, and shuns me, like everyone else. And, he gave me a dare.” He nodded to the note and felt lightheaded. “Dave B. This was how I’d get respect, he’d said.” He was facing such a harsh beating from Dave and his friends. That, and then they would take photos. Spread it. The kid was done either way.

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Uh, uh, my friend,” he choked out. He was going to be bullied anyway, no point stopping now. “Not really my friend though. He just pretends, but he teases, and, and shuns me, like everyone else. And, he gave me a dare.” He nodded to the note and felt lightheaded. “Dave B. This was how I’d get respect, he’d said.” He was facing such a harsh beating from Dave and his friends. That, and then they would take photos. Spread it. The kid was done either way.

"Sounds rather toxic, if you ask me. Say, what would occur if I was to write a note addressed to him, that I would give to you to pass onto him?"

4 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

"Sounds rather toxic, if you ask me. Say, what would occur if I was to write a note addressed to him, that I would give to you to pass onto him?"

“Uhh,” the kid said. “I thought you were just going to kill me? But, uh, he’d probably beat me up, and then laugh, and then maybe read the note,” he said. “No, no, he’d get the note read to him. By one of his real friends. He’s a bit like that.” But a note wasn’t going to help his situation.

“Uhh,” the kid said. “I thought you were just going to kill me? But, uh, he’d probably beat me up, and then laugh, and then maybe read the note,” he said. “No, no, he’d get the note read to him. By one of his real friends. He’s a bit like that.” But a note wasn’t going to help his situation.

"I was...that was before I knew someone put you up to this. What would help in this situation? An audience with Dave himself?"

50 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

"I was...that was before I knew someone put you up to this. What would help in this situation? An audience with Dave himself?"

The kid faltered. It was taking all his effort to even stand. “I - I mean it’s not just that, it’s everyone, do you know what I mean? Doing or saying anything to Dave will just make all the rest of Newcago Senior High hate me more. I’m, I’m a loser over there, you know? I’m sorry Your Majesty,” he did a little bow. “I don’t mean to be an annoyance.”

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

The kid faltered. It was taking all his effort to even stand. “I - I mean it’s not just that, it’s everyone, do you know what I mean? Doing or saying anything to Dave will just make all the rest of Newcago Senior High hate me more. I’m, I’m a loser over there, you know? I’m sorry Your Majesty,” he did a little bow. “I don’t mean to be an annoyance.”

Elsa waved her hand and a chair of ice appeared behind the boy. 

“Sit.”

Just now, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Elsa waved her hand and a chair of ice appeared behind the boy. 

“Sit.”

The boy, who had only just started to turn into anything but pale white, paled again. Had the Queen had enough? “Yes, um, Your Majesty.” He sat down and immediately sank into the chair, grateful to not be standing. He began to freak out more confidently now, without the risk of fainting.

6 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

The boy, who had only just started to turn into anything but pale white, paled again. Had the Queen had enough? “Yes, um, Your Majesty.” He sat down and immediately sank into the chair, grateful to not be standing. He began to freak out more confidently now, without the risk of fainting.

Elsa put her shardblade back in and walked closer to the boy. “Do not be afraid. I now only want to help.”

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

5 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Elsa put her shardblade back in and walk closer to the boy. “Do not be afraid. I now only want to help.”

The Queen walked closer and the kid tried his best to resist squirming in his seat. Help. She wanted to help. “How?” He managed to say. He buried his head in his hands. What had he done in even coming here? “I can’t see how. Maybe the best thing would really be to just end it quickly with that blade.”

Edited by I think I am here.

Just now, I think I am here. said:

The Queen walked closer and the kid tried his best to resist squirming in his seat. Help. She wanted to help. “How?” He managed to say. He buried his head in his hands. What had he done in even coming here? “I can’t see how. Maybe the best thing would really be to just end it.”

“End what?” She questioned. “Why not dare Dave to come here?”

Just now, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

“End what?” She questioned. “Why not dare Dave to come here?”

“Just, you know,” the kid said. He took his head out of his hands to run a finger across his neck, then point at himself. “I said. What with Dave? Even if he comes, I lose the dare, the rest of the school treats me like trash. I mean, they already do, but then dragging a popular kid to the Queen? It’s, it’s suicidal.”

“Just, you know,” the kid said. He took his head out of his hands to run a finger across his neck, then point at himself. “I said. What with Dave? Even if he comes, I lose the dare, the rest of the school treats me like trash. I mean, they already do, but then dragging a popular kid to the Queen? It’s, it’s suicidal.”

Elsa’s eyes widened. “It breaks my icy heart to hear that....what if you were to become a position in the court? Would that earn you any respect from him? You would earn a shard blade....”

5 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Elsa’s eyes widened. “It breaks my icy heart to hear that....what if you were to become a position in the court? Would that earn you any respect from him? You would earn a shard blade....”

The kid looked up. A position in the court? He nodded slightly. “Maybe, yeah,” he said. Was there a way to escape the situation after all? “You’d... you’d offer a position to me? I thought you had to have, you know, power or talent or something. I’m only 16, well, 17 in a couple months but still.”

The kid looked up. A position in the court? He nodded slightly. “Maybe, yeah,” he said. Was there a way to escape the situation after all? “You’d... you’d offer a position to me? I thought you had to have, you know, power or talent or something. I’m only 16, well, 17 in a couple months but still.”

“No powers required. Just an oath.”

Your Majesty, Elsa Steelheart, First of Thy Name, Titan of Ice, Snowwarden, Frozenborn, Queen of Newcago and all Lands of the Seventeenth, I, _______, do swear my humble, undying fealty to thee. I shall forevermore serve thee and thee alone with the utmost fervency, till last I draw breath

7 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

“No powers required. Just an oath.”

Your Majesty, Elsa Steelheart, First of Thy Name, Titan of Ice, Snowwarden, Frozenborn, Queen of Newcago and all Lands of the Seventeenth, I, _______, do swear my humble, undying fealty to thee. I shall forevermore serve thee and thee alone with the utmost fervency, till last I draw breath

The kid nodded. The Queen had shown him mercy, had not killed him. Getting out of the chair, he bowed, trying to recite the oath as best he could remember. 

Your Majesty, Elsa Steelheart, First of Thy Name, Titan of Ice, Snowwarden, Frozenborn, Queen of Newcago and all Lands of the Seventeenth, I, Patrick Miller, do swear my humble, undying fealty to thee. I shall forevermore serve thee and thee alone with the utmost fervency, till last I draw breath.”

He looked up, and a twinge of colour could be seen from his skin as he stopped paling. “Is that good?”

Elsa smiled. She knew there was always a solution.

”It was perfect, Patrick.” Elsa said, smiling. A servant handed her a new ice shardblade and shardblade with them Newcago Court crest on it. “Kneel.”

”Do you swear to use these weapons to defend Newcago’s honour till your heart ceases to beat?”

5 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

The kid nodded. The Queen had shown him mercy, had not killed him. Getting out of the chair, he bowed, trying to recite the oath as best he could remember. 

Your Majesty, Elsa Steelheart, First of Thy Name, Titan of Ice, Snowwarden, Frozenborn, Queen of Newcago and all Lands of the Seventeenth, I, Patrick Miller, do swear my humble, undying fealty to thee. I shall forevermore serve thee and thee alone with the utmost fervency, till last I draw breath.”

He looked up, and a twinge of colour could be seen from his skin as he stopped paling. “Is that good?”

”It was perfect, Patrick.” Elsa said, smiling. A servant handed her a new ice shardblade and shard plate  with the Newcago Court crest on it. “Kneel.”

”Do you swear to use these weapons to defend Newcago’s honour till your heart ceases to beat?”

(Was having editing problems sorry)

8 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

”It was perfect, Patrick.” Elsa said, smiling. A servant handed her a new ice shardblade and shard plate  with the Newcago Court crest on it. “Kneel.”

Patrick went down and knelt in front of the Queen. He was being positioned in the court! He began taking deep breaths again, though for the first time, it was in excitement, in relief.

“I swear, Your Majesty,” he said, kneeling. He would defend Newcago’s honour.

8 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Patrick went down and knelt in front of the Queen. He was being positioned in the court! He began taking deep breaths again, though for the first time, it was in excitement, in relief.

“I swear, Your Majesty,” he said, kneeling. He would defend Newcago’s honour.

Elsa tapped him on the shoulders and head gently with the ice shardblade.

”Then rise, Patrick Miller, Baron of The Newcago Court, and all it’s glory!” She handed him his new weapons, the shardblade and shardplate.