The Newcago Court

Quiver

I saw that a while ago :D

The Great Newcago Ballroom has been completely decorated and dressed in beautiful ice decorations. Ice chandeliers hang from the ceiling, and the table with the food has more dishes anyone has ever seen and a drinks table is there too: Towards the back of the room, there is a dueling arena with a shardblade holder. Snowflakes hang from the ceiling and there is a massive banner with the Newcago Crest. The Royal Band enters and they begin to play joyous tunes. The Queen enters in a beautiful dress with ice crystals and snowflakes on it and a trailing cape behind her with a fanfare of trumpets around her as she enters. The Party has began.

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

The doors to the great hall swung slowly open, pushed by the porters. The interior was magnificent, lavishly decorated in ice and steel. The music drifted out into the waiting room, where a nondescript man in an old but well-cared for suit stood holding the hand of a young girl. Her other hand was held over her eyes as they walked softly into the room.

Arvin Weeks looked at his adopted daughter, smiling. It was a relief to be able to find a respite from the chaos in Oregon, even if only for a little while. And the cost was certainly going to be worth it.

"You can open your eyes now, Ari," he said to the girl standing next to him. She was about 9 years old, dressed in a jean skirt and a hunter's green polo, the uniform of her new school in The Dalles. With excitement bubbling out from every corner, she took her hand away from her eyes.

Her breath caught in her throat as she saw the beautiful decorations, the food, the band. Almost overwhelmed, she was silent for a brief moment. Until she caught sight of the regal figure sitting on the Steel Throne, underneath the Newcago Crest.

"Daddy, is that really..." She trailed off in disbelief. Then she exploded in motion, dashing towards the throne. "Princess Elsa!!!" She cried out in joy.

The doors to the great hall swung slowly open, pushed by the porters. The interior was magnificent, lavishly decorated in ice and steel. The music drifted out into the waiting room, where a nondescript man in an old but well-cared for suit stood holding the hand of a young girl. Her other hand was held over her eyes as they walked softly into the room.

Arvin Weeks looked at his adopted daughter, smiling. It was a relief to be able to find a respite from the chaos in Oregon, even if only for a little while. And the cost was certainly going to be worth it.

"You can open your eyes now, Ari," he said to the girl standing next to him. She was about 9 years old, dressed in a jean skirt and a hunter's green polo, the uniform of her new school in The Dalles. With excitement bubbling out from every corner, she took her hand away from her eyes.

Her breath caught in her throat as she saw the beautiful decorations, the food, the band. Almost overwhelmed, she was silent for a brief moment. Until she caught sight of the regal figure sitting on the Steel Throne, underneath the Newcago Crest.

"Daddy, is that really..." She trailed off in disbelief. Then she exploded in motion, dashing towards the throne. "Princess Elsa!!!" She cried out in joy.

Queen Elsa smiled. "Hello! she said, smiling. "Welcome to The Newcago Court!" "It is an honour to meet you." The Queen looked down at the little girl staring back at her in awe. "Hello, my name is Queen Elsa" , giving a kind smile. "What is yours?"

Queen Elsa smiled. "Hello! she said, smiling. "Welcome to The Newcago Court!" "It is an honour to meet you." The Queen looked down at the little girl staring back at her in awe. "Hello, my name is Queen Elsa" , giving a kind smile. "What is yours?"

Sneaking in stealthily behind the two Voidus, the First Lurker of the Dark Alley entered the hall. The smell of freshly baked cookies preceding him, along with a sharp almost... metallic scent.

"The Dark Alley sends its greetings, along with... snacks" He drawled upon entering.

Again, the doors swung open gently, this time letting in a breeze of cold air.

A tall, bearded man walked through the doors wearing black and silver shardplate. A long, thick bladed sword sat at the man's left hip and a long barreled pistol was holstered under his right armpit. On top of his armor and weapons he wore a trailing black and silver cloak lined with fox fur, and on his head he wore a Silver crown with rubies and obsidian set in intervals.  Behind him entered two Muertos in full plate armor bearing spears, followed by six more of his undead servants in the normal, marigold and rose decorated black robes.  

BreathTaker, king on the Raven Throne approached Elsa and bowed to her as royalty would to someone of equal status, "The party looks amazing Elsa, I'm glad to have been able to make it." As he spoke, one of his servants assisted him in the removing of his cloak. Another held a heavily ornamented box for his crown. "Is there anything you need of the Raven Throne?" he asked before stepping down off of the podium.

Edited by BreathTaker

Again, the doors swung open gently, this time letting in a breeze of cold air.

A tall, bearded man walked through the doors wearing black and silver shardplate. A long, thick bladed sword sat at the man's left hip and a long barreled pistol was holstered under his right armpit. On top of his armor and weapons he wore a trailing black and silver cloak lined with fox fur, and on his head he wore a Silver crown with rubies and obsidian set in intervals. Behind him entered two Muertos in full plate armor bearing spears, followed by six more of his undead servants in the normal, marigold and rose decorated black robes.

BreathTaker, king on the Raven Throne approached Elsa and bowed to her as royalty would to someone of equal status, "The party looks amazing Elsa, I'm glad to have been able to make it." As he spoke, one of his servants assisted him in the removing of his cloak. Another held a heavily ornamented box for his crown. "Is there anything you need of the Raven Throne?" he asked before stepping down off of the podium.

Vodius, The Newcago Court greatly appeciates te snacks. Glad you could make it.

The Queen then turned to the Raven King.

Queen Elsa curtseyed back to the King. "Welcome, Breathtaker, glad you could come! Thank you, I did get some ideas of decorations from what I made at your party last week, she said smiling. "Actually, the party does require one more thing. If it is not too much trouble, could you bring some drinks like the ones I drank at your party, because I really enjoyed them. I can send some servants to fetch it for you. "

Pirh walked into the Newcago Court, tossing her brown hair over her shoulder. "Hello, Queen." She nodded respectfully, looking around. There were many people here. "How's the party been?" She pulled her cloak close.

"Pirh!" The Queen said, smiling. "Nice to see you again. How is everything? The party is really enjoyable. "

At the Queen's remark, the little girl blushed, and pulled back behind her father's legs. "My name's Ari," she said, blushing. Then, working up her courage, she asked, "Can you really do magic?"

At the Queen's remark, the little girl blushed, and pulled back behind her father's legs. "My name's Ari," she said, blushing. Then, working up her courage, she asked, "Can you really do magic?"

"What a beautiful name. And yes, I can do ice magic, that is how I created most of the decorations. Queen Elsa turned her wrists and sparkles began to form as she created a beautiful magic necklace with three snowflakes in the middle. I hope you like it Ari, this is for you." she said, puting the necklace into Ari's soft hands.

Ari's eyes grew big as the queen handed her a beautiful necklace. "For - for - for... me? Thank you Princess Elsa!" She stopped, embarrassed. "I mean Queen Elsa. I'll keep it forever."

Her father smiled. "Thank you, your Majesty. This means ever so much to her." Ari began to walk over to the wall, where a stand with cookies had been set up. The banner overhead read "The Dark Alley - Baked Goods You Can't Can Trust!

"Not those cookies, Ari. Cookies from the Dark Alley are always a bit more than you bargained for. If you're hungry, we should go over to the table. There's lots of good food over there."

Voidus gave a piteous sigh as the pair turned away from the stall he'd laboriously set up.

"No one wants cookies anymore" he moaned "Robbed of yet another vict- er... customer. Well, this is what we get for putting adverts for recruits everywhere I suppose. It's almost like people don't want to have their very essence stolen by powers granted by the personification of Entropy."

Voidus pulled out a notepad, it's pages riddled with new 'recipes' that the Dark Alleys R&D team had been working on, interspersed occasionally with horrific puns.

He wondered to the back of the hall, a pen clenched between his teeth as he thumbed through the pages frowning. Perhaps if they reached out into Bacon products somehow?

"Great party Elsa" He mumbled around his pen as he passed, taking it from his mouth briefly to speak "Oh and thank you for that endorsement, really helped the Dark Alley with it's planned expansions."

As a thank you to our wonderful sponsors here in Newcago, the Dark Alley hereby declares a bake sale. Come to the Dark Alley for delicious treats and cookies at half price! Get both eyes spiked or both ears Hemalurgically pierced for the price of one. See our new zoohemalurgic isle, full of animals that love cookies too. Prices and participation will not vary unless Ruin intervenes again. Honestly Voidus, just because you are a Steel Inquisitor now, it doesn't mean you have to spike everyone. A gentle touch is better.

Ari's eyes grew big as the queen handed her a beautiful necklace. "For - for - for... me? Thank you Princess Elsa!" She stopped, embarrassed. "I mean Queen Elsa. I'll keep it forever."

Her father smiled. "Thank you, your Majesty. This means ever so much to her." Ari began to walk over to the wall, where a stand with cookies had been set up. The banner overhead read "The Dark Alley - Baked Goods You Can't Can Trust!

"Not those cookies, Ari. Cookies from the Dark Alley are always a bit more than you bargained for. If you're hungry, we should go over to the table. There's lots of good food over there."

"You are very welcome, both of you. *smiles* And there is some of my favourite chocolates at the tables over there if you would both like some. Everyone is welcome to the dance floor if they would like to."

Voidus gave a piteous sigh as the pair turned away from the stall he'd laboriously set up.

"No one wants cookies anymore" he moaned "Robbed of yet another vict- er... customer. Well, this is what we get for putting adverts for recruits everywhere I suppose. It's almost like people don't want to have their very essence stolen by powers granted by the personification of Entropy."

Voidus pulled out a notepad, it's pages riddled with new 'recipes' that the Dark Alleys R&D team had been working on, interspersed occasionally with horrific puns.

He wondered to the back of the hall, a pen clenched between his teeth as he thumbed through the pages frowning. Perhaps if they reached out into Bacon products somehow?

"Great party Elsa" He mumbled around his pen as he passed, taking it from his mouth briefly to speak "Oh and thank you for that endorsement, really helped the Dark Alley with it's planned expansions."

"That endorcement was highly enjoyable to do, I would do another one if necessary" she said, taking a cookie.

A back door swings open, and the Princess hurries in, uncharacteristically harried. Her hair is coming loose from its pins, her dress is an everyday dark green, and her fingers are ink-stained. She glances around, forehead wrinkled, taking in all those present, noting all the open windows and doors. Her footsteps echo heavily on the icy steel floors as she rushed towards the queen- she is clearly wearing heavy walking shoes, not ball slippers.

Elsa pauses her conversation, as her sister approaches.

"Elsa, we have a problem."

A back door swings open, and the Princess hurries in, uncharacteristically harried. Her hair is coming loose from its pins, her dress is an everyday dark green, and her fingers are ink-stained. She glances around, forehead wrinkled, taking in all those present, noting all the open windows and doors. Her footsteps echo heavily on the icy steel floors as she rushed towards the queen- she is clearly wearing heavy walking shoes, not ball slippers.

Elsa pauses her conversation, as her sister approaches.

"Elsa, we have a problem."

Elsa's face falls as she is told this. With a concerned look on her face, she turn to Princess Delightful. "What is the dilemma, Princess?"

The Princess glances to the side, then takes a deep breath.

"It's....it's the Heralds. We may have to evacuate. Our Head Scholar Leftinch was doing research into their powers and their sleeping tendencies but he left so suddenly, with so many notes everywhere, it has been extremely difficult to pick up where he left on. And, well....I believe they are rising."

She runs a hand through her hair, wincing as strands catch on the pins and pull at her scalp. She sighs, and folds her hands in front her.

"Basically - it may be possible to lock them back into our dungeon, into the interdimensional portal there to the Between place. But if they awaken too much, it will be extremely dangerous, and we may have to retreat and take up the fight elsewhere."

-_-,"Herald?" The King asked flatly, looking at the Queen... "You mean like... THE Heralds?" He hand slipped from his hilt as he looked at the royal sisters flatly, "Why in the Storms do you have Heralds trapped in the dungeon?" He laughed a little but it was mostly from nervousness.